Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Bleh it didn't recognize my old PTR install so have to download the full 20 gigs. That will take awhile over my potato connexion.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW in the Runaway vs Element Mystic game, there were 2 very odd shatters that didn't connect with a sombra that was right in the cone.

Also, the patcher is smart and copying over the similar stuff from the live install. That's unexpectedly cool! The actual download will only be 1.5 jigglies now.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going to work with my son and make a WoW type game mode vs bosses. Slowing combat down upping hit points and see if we can design characters with a more MMO feel to them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I retract what I said when I retracted what I said about Element Mystic. They'd probably be top 4 in OWL.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I played with the scripting a little. You can spawn basic effects but I didn't see any way to spawn pve style enemies. Was hoping to spawn some zomnics with gold and plunder.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7-2-1 in my placements, 2121 SR. I ended last season at 1940 something. I played mostly Mei, but in my last two matches I had autists in it, and decide they need to play DPS too when I instalock Mei. The retards don't bother to look at my winrate with her, which is 77% this season. I also did switch to Bastion on two of the 2CP maps I played on because if I'm going to play on cancer maps I might as well make it super cancer also, but I only did that to try to cheese out a win. lol

I streamed them all too if you want to see my Gold level play.

I'll have my third golden weapon. I'm not sure if I should go Roadhog or Baptise.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
been playin baptiste a lot. funny how many people think he cant be a main healer. i outheal mercy and moiras more often than not. gotta perfect my invul field placement so its harder to shoot down or get sliced up by genji. havent really been using his crouch jump much but positioning and line of sight is the key to baptiste, if you can properly aim an invul field from a long distance.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they really need to have everyone get an arena for home games. Made the games much more intense. Needs to become a real sports league. You could see the monitors and tables shaking on wins from all the noise.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hard throw whenever I play Baptiste. It's something about the hitscan rifle. I'm either not using it at all or I'm trying to frag out and forget that I'm the primary healer.

I also routinely just throw the lamp like 50 feet further than intended.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I shoot my gun on Baptiste as much as I shoot my gun on Mercy. It's all healnade spam

lost

<Bronze Donator>
The invul lamp is a lot like ashes dynamite it can be easily over thrown. I’m sure everyone has their POV on how to best play Baptiste
But I think he’s a lot like Ana, best played at range from the team. He’s got the high jump and the splash heals and a lot of splash heals before he has to reload. The only downside is his area heal needs him to be in melee range and it’s easy to overthrow the invul field of far away. But I find baptiste is a lot like Ana where they have few tools to counter being attacked and staying back at range keeps them safer and more able to focus on heals.

I try to dps when I can but your heals are OP when the team is grouped up and make a big difference so I don’t think you should worry too much about dps unless you’re popping ult with a supercharger and the dps is outweighing incoming damage.

I’m only plat rated on him but he’s pretty fun. I like to focus on line of sight and positioning and Baptiste is great for that cause his heals are splash and allow him to heal at range. Lot of times I out heal mercy and Moira’s, or I’m the primary healer with a zen or brig.

Gotta stay alive long as you can. Smart teams win when they focus healers and your team doesn’t.

Granted when there’s a pharaoh I tend to focus more on dps cause it’s always an issue taking down pharah and when everyone puts in a hit here or there she dies fast.

My focus now is throwing that invul field perfectly and then placing it so it’s hard to shoot. Too many times pharah ults or genji blades just rip through it cause it’s right in the field of aim. Best Baptiste practice I think is one that is able to offset the invul hub to last through an area offensive ult like genji or Pharah. This brings positioning and line of sight back into play, although at some point the field won’t cover you if it’s around a wall or corner.

His heals feel kind of like Anas old heal nade, it makes multiple tank teams great when they stack up it’s just heals all around and his rate of fire can keep up with most damage.

The frustrating part is a lot of people don’t seem to understand the invul field and step out of it. They don’t take advantage of it to push back and be offensive when I pop it under duress. I don’t save it only for ults it’s great to counter push.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think they designed him so he can jump up on a perch and heal from there. It does make it a lot easier to heal the team when he has high ground, but it also makes him a sitting duck. I like playing him, but I'm in gold and I just use the invul field to peel. It doesn't get used correctly by my team if I hide around a corner.

I'm always misplacing his ultimate and it's the biggest weakness I have playing him.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played him since the first week being live but you can shoot the gun and the heal at the same time. I always would hit left + right mouse button when healing. Sometimes you get a double wammy with the heal and hit the other team with damage. It just depends on your positioning.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Exact same time? I noticed you could alternate each fire due to the delay in heal nade fire rate, so dpsing wont effect your rate of healing but then i find myself focusing more on shooting the enemies than pre-aiming for my next heal nade.

yeah if you have someone diving you like a genji dva or winston on a perch then its not good but if the team never really gets behind you but just in the thick of things then staying back is super helpful. ive noticed so many games i've lost because the other team's ana would stay far back and aim her heals, and my team never got behind enemy lines to harass her. so basically another example of the enemy killing your healers but you not killing theirs.

saw a lot of that lastnight or staggering, people just going in and dying alone. its amazing how many times i had to say regroup or stop going in dying before people listen. really starting to like sym though she does some crazy damage specially on rein shields.

Inque

FunEmployed

I live about 5 minutes away from the Allen Event center and that place was a complete shit show the entire weekend. Having worked in the plaza adjacent there, the options were go see Infinity War or puddle around Overwatch. I chose multiple Endgame viewings.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
High jump is kind of great in crazy close quarters team fights. Had one on Lijiang Night Market there the point was crazy and I just kept super jumping whenever the enemy doomfist started charging up.