Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Balancing around the queue seems so stupid. Just make hog/dva whatever tank and dps.. why are they being so stupid.

1 tank means every game better have the BEST tank (Rein)...

Or yea, go 7v7 or 8v8 e.t.c

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Or remove role queue as a failed experiment

I like role queue. I think most games are pretty good now, there were SO MANY games lost in spawn before the game started, and toxicity is way down now too, before toxicity started in the spawn too.

I'd probably quit if they reverted role queue.

I mean it's not perfect but it's way better than before.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't play this game without RQ now. The game is 100x better with it. I can't play CTF anymore because it doesn't have RQ and I loved CTF. The games are so bad now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Roadhog changes for 1-3-2...

As part of this experiment, we’ve re-tuned those three to be main tanks—including giving Roadhog a new ability. Now when he uses Take a Breather, he gets a gas cloud around him that mitigates damage for everybody in the area and heals him.

That sounds interesting. :)

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm curious as to what people would think about 1-1-2-2. 1 main tank, 1 off tank, 2 dps, 2 support? Would have to categorize each tank but I think it might help? Of course it could overcomplicate things and lead to even longer que times.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There's nothing you can do. OW is all about hero swapping to counter yet the people that play the majority of the heroes that counter(dps) don't like to swap.

Oh they are running dive? Yeah fuck you I just want to play ashe or widow.

Oh they have long range dps? Oh fuck you I want to play sym.

We have dive tanks? Oh fuck you I only play brig.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, experimental queue for tanks is 6 minutes, dps and support are 2...that was predictable with people wanting to the try the changes to tanks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm curious as to what people would think about 1-1-2-2. 1 main tank, 1 off tank, 2 dps, 2 support? Would have to categorize each tank but I think it might help? Of course it could overcomplicate things and lead to even longer que times.
Ok but what about 1-1-1-1-1-1?

1 Mt
1 ot
1 hitscan
1 projectile
1 main heal
1 off heal

Symmetra and Mei deleted from the game

Cybsled

People also have strong reactions to anything new, although half the comments on reddit are shit like "omg, we have to stay together!" "omg we have to stick with tank" which means they are shit players anyways since that exposed they were probably the "lol me solo entire team on McCree!!!" mindset. I think the mode has promise, but it needs additional tweaking to be really viable.

1) Healers probably need to be buffed a bit
2) 3rd DPS being a sniper puts some of the non-barrier tanks at a disadvantage. Winston/DVA/Hammond dives aren't as viable because it leaves the rest of your team exposed to enemy team
3) With a solo tank, they are extremely vulnerable to disables (hack, freeze, etc). Maybe buff tanks so CC lasts a lot less/has a lessened impact

Some of the tank changes are pretty nice (Rein hits like a fucking truck, Zarya AOE bubble is amazing), but some tanks (like Winston) have less of a role and would need additional tweaks/buffs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got tank at 2300, Mei at 2305, and support at 2304. All 3 within 5 SR of each other, that’s getting pretty consistant. :)

I had a game with Zarya where the Mercy in my group kept me alive as we 2 vs 5 the other team to hold the point. That was so much fun. :)

Cybsled

I lol’d when Tim is like “dm me your battle net ID off camera” and he mouses over it and gets flooded with shitloads of friend requests

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Uninstalled, can't do it anymore. Had 4/6 games with leavers tonight. Can't take it. Good bye until another time

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uninstalled, can't do it anymore. Had 4/6 games with leavers tonight. Can't take it. Good bye until another time
I wonder if they stopped punishing people. Last painfully obvious griefer(guy suiciding non stop after spawning) I reported was never punished.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't received one of those reports that someone was punished since competitive first came out.

Last night I had 4 leavers, but I didn't even mention my 5th game had a level 25 obvious smurf. He went tracer and spawn camped us, so I shut him down as brig. Then he went Widow and absolutely shut down our team. I just gave up, it was foolish.

I'll probably reinstall because I'm a sucker, but they REALLY need to do something.

I thought maybe a vote system to abandon a match would be nice. Require like 8-9 players to say yes and the map just draws instantly. I know it requires people not frothing at the mouth when someone leaves on the other team, but it would be such a nice QoL change.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played some last night and had 3 leavers, 1 on my team and 2 on the other team. In 2 of the 3 cases the leaver was on a team that was doing very well. Only one felt like a rage quit.

There isn't usually that many leavers, so I'm wondering if it's because it's the end of the season and they don't care, or since Noodleface Noodleface had the same issue, maybe there was some server issues last night cause people to disconnect.

I had a pretty bad night tanking losing 24SR, gained 28 as Mei and 4 on support. So fairly average evening.

I'll play a few more games to get the Ashe Mardi Gras skin, but might just do that in arcade. End of seasons are usually pretty bad.