Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think Lucio has been my favorite character to play so far, reminds me of playing some sort of support-bard. Passive healing or speed boosts into amplified versions of it on cooldown depending what you need + a huge super buff for your team as an ultimate just makes him feel really fun

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I didn't think this game would be as decent as it is. It's not great, but a better offering than I originally thought it would be. It suffers the same fundamental problem that TF2 and most modern FPSs do: selling-out by contracting the effect that skill has on outcomes in order to appeal to wider audiences and consoles.

I like how they've defined roles through classes, but I don't like how they still restrict the gameplay for kids and grandma. Take the kid gloves off and let the physics-based-on-skill determine the winner, not whether your Q-power is full or not.

I've had the most success with Reaper so far. Just invul around people and let them expend their ammo a bit before killing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Pure skill based shooters have a role to play, but that doesn't mean that every shooter needs to just be a bunch of near identical peeps running around with the same weapon bouncing around like they are crickets on crack. Games like this just aren't for that same audience.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think Lucio has been my favorite character to play so far, reminds me of playing some sort of support-bard. Passive healing or speed boosts into amplified versions of it on cooldown depending what you need + a huge super buff for your team as an ultimate just makes him feel really fun
I immediately fell in love because he is literally a character out of Jet Set Radio. Plus characters/games with wonderful movement based gameplay is among my alltime favorite things in games. I can't wait to try him, I'm glad that pretty much 99% of people that play him agree he is fun as fuck to play.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm shocked I don't see more of the Portal person. That seems to be such a game changer, when you need to get back to a objective pronto.
You probably will later. People are still chasing KDA instead of objectives.

Tenks

Pure skill based shooters have a role to play, but that doesn't mean that every shooter needs to just be a bunch of near identical peeps running around with the same weapon bouncing around like they are crickets on crack. Games like this just aren't for that same audience.
Not to mention Q isn't a time-based cooldown it is an action-based cooldown. So its not like you can just avoid conflict until your Q is up, use your Q and then continue to delay.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of the comments say they don't stack but not too sure. What really is broken though is the ults, since it seems you get constant ults once you're fighting and his ult is basically invulnerability for a few seconds which with 6 of them extends to like 15seconds, enough time to kill half the enemy team and make it impossible to die to the other half.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How is Blizzard not getting destroyed by SJWs for those obvious stereotypes like the phat beats dropping hip-hop/reggae black dude?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So not familiar with TF2 at all.

There doesn't seem to be any progression whatsoever, or ranking. I assume that there will be a ranking system at some point?

If they give everyone all the characters (and it would be retarded if they didn't), how do they make money? Just off skins and stuff?
They should do it like SMITE. Rotate a set characters that are free and if you want access to all of them, you pay X amount but then that gives you access to all future characters as well. Then you pay for skins and voice packs through earned or bought currency.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How is Blizzard not getting destroyed by SJWs for those obvious stereotypes like the phat beats dropping hip-hop/reggae black dude?
They did. Also for the new Starcraft korean girl. But they do have a SJW pink haired butch russian to even it out.

Also on F2P models, read that someone from blizzard said on a stream somewhere(yeah shitty source) that all the chars will be free instead of the LoL/HotS model, which sounds great. They haven't officially confirmed anything though.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
They should do it like SMITE. Rotate a set characters that are free and if you want access to all of them, you pay X amount but then that gives you access to all future characters as well. Then you pay for skins and voice packs through earned or bought currency.
I don't see them every doing anything like this simply because they don't need to. I think it will either be all free and pay for skins etc. or HotS system where you have your free rotation and if you want anything perm you pay.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So HotS did the SMITE model too? That's cool, I've never paid. I like the model really, it's nice to never have to drop money in new rooms ever again.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I had a suspicion there wouldn't be many tank players since there isn't a comparable class for them in TF2.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So what makes a good FPS player?

Only FPS multiplayer I ever really got into was UT back in college, which I was pretty good at against all the other first year kids in the lab.

Tenks

So what makes a good FPS player?

Only FPS multiplayer I ever really got into was UT back in college, which I was pretty good at against all the other first year kids in the lab.
It depends on the individual game. Different games require a different skillset.