Overwatch

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was some pretty cool stuff all around this weekend, no tank comps on push maps Tracers galore on KotH and even broken Mei showing up. Glad to see people at least trying to break Zenlotta.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm loving the new headshot sound since last patch. If you haven't seen/noticed it now makes a very distinctive "dink" sound like you'd expect if you threw a pebble at a metal helmet. It really gives great audio feedback for you strike a headshot.

Tenks

McCree seems to be becoming the new Hanzo. With people just spamming Fan and praying for headshots.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mccree needs a boost. His old incantation was OP, but he's somewhat lacking now...

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Watching some of the competitive stuff, it's just not that entertaining to me. Observer always bouncing all over the place, you don't really see anything. It's mildly interesting from a composition point, but that's it. I don't get it really

Needless

Toe Sucker
I highly doubt this game will go anywhere competitively; I mean they'll try, like they do with HOTS, but it will never see the success that CSGO has lol

Tenks

Anyone here virgin enough to main Genji and have an opinion on him after his change?

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think main Genji players found that having less HP and thus less survivability for their ulti was too much of a nerf and would prefer the damage reduction instead. Whether 25% reduction on shuriken is too much or not we'll find out.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think genji is only really viable if you have symmetra at this point.. Zen heal orb is good too.

Health nerf was dumb, undo that and nerf his long range damage

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh did they? i must have missed a patch, i haven't played in a few days. I don't see any patch notes for the undo though?
There was a patch like last week or maybe the week before that that changed it back, but nerfed his shuriken damage or some shit. So he does less damage now but is back to old health.

You can see how efficient he can be in small closed areas like this though, without his ults they would have lost entirely, he mowed down the entire team like twice.

And overall yeah on competitive games I felt that back early when Seagull and Kudochop were streaming their scrims and sometimes tournaments, it was a lot more interesting to watch than actual casts of tournament. But large part of that is also listening in to their team's conversation so you kinda follow the entire team at once even if you only see one person's point of view. It's kinda hard to get a good view of all the action with the floating camera and you miss a bunch of details due to being too far, and switching from one person to another in FPS is also confusing and you don't get a good picture of the events either.

Tbh I felt the same watching competitive CSGO. I just find it fairly boring to watch. Watching people play on streams is nice, watching pro games is so so. Sometimes it's good, a lot of time meh.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh weird, I guess i just havent touched Genji then in a long time lol. Anytime i login i'm pretty much only playing Mei or Zenny lately.

As for competitive, i really dislike how often the camera is in 'tour mode' and not actually showing that gameplay. It's just kind of weird to broadcast through that perspective in a FPS game to me

Tenks

I really hope they get ranked out for beta testing soon. Right now my pseudo ranking is if the person on my team is downright abysmal I just rate them negative so I don't get grouped with them again. I played with the same person 3 games yesterday and he was just flat out horrible. Awful. Abysmal. I felt bad so I just had to rate him negatively so the game would stop grouping me with the dude.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting to have my doubts about this game. Quake was my first online addiction all because of Mega Team Fortress. TF in all its forms has been my go to shooter along with CS in all its forms too. This game ends up being just BS death after BS death with most bullet based heroes always shitting on non bullet based heroes. Add in some terribly broken Ultimate abilities that take zero skill to execute and tend to just win matches, and its a recipe that's following HOTS to the grave. This game also really needs a ranked mode before launch. Too many games end up in total stomps which is not fun for either side.