Overwatch

spronk

FPS noob
Ya, D'va is my favorite so far. Here is my mediocre play of the game ;p
holy shit D'va is a fucking boss, I wiped out the entire team when I super'd and ejected out of my mech right into them at a control point. Everyone kept attacking it, and then it blew up and killed the entire enemy team and me. Probably won't too well in retail once people figure out to run away, but that was awesome!!! The hero reminds me a lot of Titanfall.

Cybsled

Ya, her ult is super easy to avoid if you know what it is. Your best bet is to deploy it in scenarios where they don't see it (ie, behind), areas they can't escape from (blackhole or blizzard ults catching people), or in contested chokes when your team is pushing...even if they avoid it, it lets your team push up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ya, her ult is super easy to avoid if you know what it is. Your best bet is to deploy it in scenarios where they don't see it (ie, behind), areas they can't escape from (blackhole or blizzard ults catching people), or in contested chokes when your team is pushing...even if they avoid it, it lets your team push up.
Probably the biggest issue with DVa at a competitive level is the ult can be cancelled out completely if you put a Winston bubble over it or if the team just scurries behind a Rein shield. So it even fails at the "zone control" aspect.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah.

Still has a strong TF2 vibe and I put 100's of hours into that game, so I prepurchased a few mins ago.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think if you're new, you should definitely play the Brawl. Great way to learn characters. I played in the two stress betas and I hated like 80% of the characters, but after the brawl I probably like 80% of the characters. Each with their own purpose.

Roadhog is honestly the most powerful character in my opinion. He can nullifies any smalls and he has the most health AND a 1/2 health self heal. I'm sure he's going to be tuned at some point. Til then, definitely hog it up.

Tenks

#1 problem with Roadhog is the amount of ult feed he generates. So yeah its great he can pick people off 1-by-1 but this game is all about the objective. If you are constantly feeding headshots to S76 (which as Roadhog it is almost impossible NOT to feed ult) your team will be on the receiving end of ults more than they care. A team with any level of coordination will just push with ults and plow through the objective points even if you can stall them fairly effectively for periods of time with Hog.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Zenyatta minor tuning, Blizzard please.
frown.png

Tenks

I feel like Zenyatta is in a really good spot right now. He's a complete glass cannon and its fun.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
holy shit D'va is a fucking boss, I wiped out the entire team when I super'd and ejected out of my mech right into them at a control point. Everyone kept attacking it, and then it blew up and killed the entire enemy team and me. Probably won't too well in retail once people figure out to run away, but that was awesome!!! The hero reminds me a lot of Titanfall.
Yeah this won't happen in week 2+. I used D'va quite a bit, you have to get some moves down just right to boost and eject at the same time - this way you can send her into a pile of people like a rocket launcher. They have less of a chance to move out of the way
smile.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think if you're new, you should definitely play the Brawl. Great way to learn characters. I played in the two stress betas and I hated like 80% of the characters, but after the brawl I probably like 80% of the characters. Each with their own purpose.

Roadhog is honestly the most powerful character in my opinion. He can nullifies any smalls and he has the most health AND a 1/2 health self heal. I'm sure he's going to be tuned at some point. Til then, definitely hog it up.
Ya, I just started last night and was loving Roadhog - easy-ish to learn but still a little skill based and he can take a ton of dmg. His legendary skins are beast as well, so theres that

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
What other options can't you get? The double doorway on Anubis isn't a problem is what I was saying. You can use Reinhardt shield or Winston bubble to get your team into the side passages easily, or you can dart into those passages with many champs that have blinks, dashes, etc. Sitting at the double doors hoping to "break" their defense is dumb as hell. And as I said, you can even go on top of the wall to get the height advantage with quite a few heroes.

I've been spamming Soldier 76 and just flank teams all day. Sprint into a side passage and get em' from behind.

I also love D'Va for the insane mobility.
You seem to be missing the point ......that I was playing brawl.

I didn't get any of said characters on that map. Also got into a side passage a few times didn't stop me from getting pincer crushed in it.

Crazily

N00b
Ya, I just started last night and was loving Roadhog - easy-ish to learn but still a little skill based and he can take a ton of dmg. His legendary skins are beast as well, so theres that
Played a game with 3 roadhogs and 3 D'va's that were defending......they were dug in so much.

Feels like defense has such an easy time in this game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You seem to be missing the point ......that I was playing brawl.

I didn't get any of said characters on that map. Also got into a side passage a few times didn't stop me from getting pincer crushed in it.
Ya I had no idea you were talking about brawl. All I saw was "this map is bad".

I don't play brawls
biggrin.png

Wrath

Molten Core Raider
The game so far is fun. I think Bastion is a big OP while defending with his full ROS in turret mode. Also it's infuriating having a pug group where everyone chooses an offensive character which 9/10 times leads to defeat in the end.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ya I had no idea you were talking about brawl. All I saw was "this map is bad".

I don't play brawls
biggrin.png
lol np, only reason I'm playing is because its all random so can try out of lot of stuff on the fly easily and see what characters I'm leaning towards actually learning.