Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
Or her mother? They didn't show her mother, but she did say how she always told her about Overwatch & the heroes, maybe sheliterallyknew Overwatch & the heroes.

S76 just shows up out of the blue in Mexico and starts beating up random smalltime thugs for fun? Could be visiting an old friend. Or enemy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Going to need those channels when people start raging over bastion and wont switch heros.
You calling me out bro!? I have a small mumble server but I don't think it can handle that many people since it's running on a Pi.

Do you guys think the servers will survive the masses tonight?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think it is very ballsy to launch globally at the exact same time. Granted a game like Overwatch has very little need to access a centralized database as there is no "character information" and all they have is cosmetic bling that is awarded exclusively in the lobby. If they have segregated the regions appropriately and have spun up enough virtual servers spread across enough providers it should be doable...but it is still ballsy.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Open Beta should have prepared them. Open Beta might even be worse since by now people will know if they enjoy it or not, also didn't require a purchase for many. Non-FPS fans will probably have given it a shot in Open and decide not to buy.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I6ywETc.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wonder if they'll use that young latino girl story thing as a tie in for that supposed latino woman sniper character Sombra they teased about. Like, 5years later kind of deal and shit, would be nice.
I think the short took place close to present-ish Overwatch time not 15 years in the past or so.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think the short took place close to present-ish Overwatch time not 15 years in the past or so.
Hard to give an accurate age for the kid but she could be like, 12? Even 4-5years later would be enough for her to be old enough. I do like xzi's idea that it could just be her mother instead though.

I mean it could be a coincidence, but them picking specifically Dorado, which is where the newspaper about Sombra is found, that seems a bit too unlikely. I guess they could have picked the location as a hint/tease and the characters aren't related at all.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think they probably chose Dorado because it is a long-standing iconic map in Overwatch and these shorts have been in the process of production for a while now. I'd say Kings Row, Dorado and Hanamura would be the three most iconic maps right now in the game (and I believe all 3 are the oldest?) so it makes sense to have the shorts there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a 40 (maybe?) person mumble I wouldn't mind sharing, but I don't really want to post the deets on this forum

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well all the others feature multiple characters. Recall = Winston and Reaper, Alive = Widowmaker and Tracer, Dragons = Hanzo and Genji... so it is a bit odd that Soldier 76 is the only character in "Hero".

Feel free to use my Mumble server for Overwatch. Can hold 1000 people currently (more if needed, but I doubt it).

Mumble
IP/Hostname:mumble.thescrew.org
Port:64738

I've made a bunch of channels for Overwatch.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Feel free to use my Mumble server for Overwatch. Can hold 1000 people currently (more if needed, but I doubt it).

Mumble
IP/Hostname:mumble.thescrew.org
Port:64738

I've made a bunch of channels for Overwatch.
Sweet, I'll add it to the list when I get home.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Anyone see any physical copies in store yet? Hoping to snag one omw home but i'm doubtful i'll find one today.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone see any physical copies in store yet? Hoping to snag one omw home but i'm doubtful i'll find one today.
Gamestop has a lot. Not sure about other places but I saw someone mention Target as well so most likely everyone has released it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah Target had a big push for this in their weekly circular as well as in-store displays. They had them for sale as soon as the place opened up this AM along with a sign reinforcing that the servers were not live until later today.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll be online tonight at 7pm on the dot, through Tuesday night.

Don't forget! 20% EXP boost if you're grouped up!

Add McFly#1102 to your friend list if you haven't already.