Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
how the titties is somebody level 250? are they like... account sharing since launch and on 24/7? that's nuts

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the current map set I'm amazed they can put that much time into it. I'm already getting quite burned out on the selection.
Meh maps are nothing imo. If you don't enjoy the game or have fun playing, maps are not going to matter. Only thing that will peak interest then, is new heroes or new game-modes.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
66 and only received 2 ultis from boxes.

Also getting real sick and tired of this not being able to fire after hooking someone with roadhog.
That's my biggest complaint about Roadhog. He's the only tank with a limited number of shots. You start getting into a fight with multiple characters and you're firing at them, you hook one and go to fire and NOTHING. Or even to a Tracer who's harassing you. Miss a hook, fire at her, eventually hook her and nothing left in your gun. I definitely think they need to add two more rounds in his shotgun, up to six.

His reload takes forever and there is NO animation break for it. So after four shots, you're pretty much just a giant target until you can reload. This means as a tank, I have to usually run away/around a corner to reload, which makes him being a tank kind of pointless. If I'm pushing or defending a payload, I will try to hide behind it. If it's KotH, I try to duck around the corner of a building to reload.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I love Roadhog, he's probably my favorite if not top 2 heroes in the game. You just have to force yourself to be fully aware of how many shots you have in your canon to avoid those awkward hook + nothing situations. I pretty much always try and keep at least 2 shots unless i absolutely have to blow the last 2 because i don't want to miss a hook followup.

Blackyce

I've had the bugged ulti just launching my recoil straight up sometimes. But it's rare. Never had the non-firing shotgun unless as previously mentioned I didn't plan my reload.

What I get very frequently is when hooking people, I'll pull them BEHIND me so I can't LMB and melee. they're just gone or killing me.
I get the bug where it launches my recoil straight up a ton, many times right in the middle of the ulti.

The pulling people behind or to the side many happens when I hook someone who's moved behind and object when my hook lands. I believe Roadhog's hook success is calculated upon launching his hook. So if your enemy has moved to where an object is now between the two of you, it can bounce your enemy to the side or behind you. If your enemy has moved far enough behind the object, your hook will land and just pull them to the object and not to you.

I had a really bad bug happen once with Roadhog's hook on the Napal KotH map where the objective is the small building. I hooked an enemy who I believe got punted by Junkrat at the same time as my hook. The enemy bounced to the top of the building from Junkrats landmine and my hook wouldn't go away. I couldn't use any ability after that and my chain wouldn't disappear. I was useless until I died and everything reset.

Blackyce

Just because you're over level 100 doesn't mean you're good, it just means you play a lot.
From what I've heard, there is a hidden ELO in this game already and it's what the basis is when forming teams. I play a lot with an online friend who's in his high 40's, I'm 68. We are matched with mainly people between their 30's and 70's. I have two other friends I play with who don't play as much and they are in their low 20's. When I grouped with them, the average level of player was 20 or under. Myself and a player on the opposite side were the only players out of our 20's. Me at like 67 and the other player at 88. I figured the 88 was doing the same thing I was and grouping with some lower ELO players.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love the game, and have no sign of losing interest at this point.

The number of map doesn't bother me at all.

The limited game mode is another thing, I hope they introduce new mode sooner rather than later but I'm fine for now.

What is really captivating my interest are the heroes. For one thing, there are a lot of them, and they each have their own style of play and it's a blast to learn to play them all.

We did pretty good again last night, no long win streak, but no bad ones either. Overall I think we had a pretty positive win rate.

I still think that the RR people I play with biggest problem right now is none of us really play Widowmaker, and sometimes when she would be needed to counter the other team...we have some problems. We're definitely improving at switching heroes during the game to counter the other team though.

We generally have pretty balanced teams, we're starting to get better at regrouping when we die...rather then going back one at a time and die over and over again...although that seems to be the natural reflex everyone has.
smile.png

It's fun to be improving on an individual level, but also as a team.

On a slightly different note, I decided to replace my keyboard. I've been waiting to go with a mechanical one for a while now.

I've been using Razer keyboard and mice for a while now, and I've been happy with them. So looking at their keyboard I saw they had a Overwatch branded one, the Overwatch Razer BlackWidow Chroma. I decided to go with that.
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I love the game, and have no sign of losing interest at this point.

The number of map doesn't bother me at all.

The limited game mode is another thing, I hope they introduce new mode sooner rather than later but I'm fine for now.

What is really captivating my interest are the heroes. For one thing, there are a lot of them, and they each have their own style of play and it's a blast to learn to play them all.

We did pretty good again last night, no long win streak, but no bad ones either. Overall I think we had a pretty positive win rate.

I still think that the RR people I play with biggest problem right now is none of us really play Widowmaker, and sometimes when she would be needed to counter the other team...we have some problems. We're definitely improving at switching heroes during the game to counter the other team though.

We generally have pretty balanced teams, we're starting to get better at regrouping when we die...rather then going back one at a time and die over and over again...although that seems to be the natural reflex everyone has.
smile.png

It's fun to be improving on an individual level, but also as a team.

On a slightly different note, I decided to replace my keyboard. I've been waiting to go with a mechanical one for a while now.

I've been using Razer keyboard and mice for a while now, and I've been happy with them. So looking at their keyboard I saw they had a Overwatch branded one, the Overwatch Razer BlackWidow Chroma. I decided to go with that.
smile.png
They also have a Razer Death Adder Chroma Overwatch mouse that would pair nicely

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They also have a Razer Death Adder Chroma Overwatch mouse that would pair nicely
Screw you Noodle, now because of you I have the fucking mouse and mousepad on order. I'm such an impulsive buyer.
smile.png

A fool and his money are soon parted.
wink.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overwatch has a very loose definition of "tank". Unless you're Rein, you're not tanking anything.
Pretty much this. Road hog is a high endurance character but its a really grab and hide to heal type play style not a stand out there get wailed on like reinheart. None of the other tanks can really tank. D.va goes down really fast because she has such a huge hitbox she gets rocked quick and winston is more of a distruptor/initiator than an actual tank. Zyra is about the closest to a tank but she is weird. She punishes you for shooting at her so the best way to handle her in a lot of cases is to simply ignore her so she works like an anti tank.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Map doesn't mean anything. I would never go to sleep if I could just play KoTH maps. Whenever the shit is Nubani I just want to rage.

In TF2 I would play the same map for hours. 24/7 2 Fort with 3 hour match length was the best.

Been playing LoL for years and it's the same map, same deal with DOTA, which I don't play.

Map just needs to be balanced and fun, if that's the case then I'll never burn out. Defense/Offense maps just aren't balanced. Not fair that Offense has the option to end the round quickly whereas Defense needs to sustain for the full duration. Sure, there are "check points" which can allow you to end faster as Defense, but not really the same imo. Offense has more advantages by its nature. Coordinating Ultimates on a push is more advantageous than reacting to the push as Defense. Also Overtime favors offense.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like the KotH maps the most also.

For me it's probably Nepal, then Lijiang Tower and then Ilios.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't think of a single map I don't enjoy playing, so yea, personal opinion and all that. I think the Point A -> Point B are probably my least favorite but they still have great design and great moments.