Overwatch

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
As a Mei player, I'd say Mei needs the box fix more than Hanzo. Mei is strong up close AND far, and doesn't really need the big hitbox stuff. I'd like to see them make actual hits be hits, but make Hanzo's arrows track a little. You still get a bit of fudge for scoring hits, but you won't hit people around corners, and the replay killcam would actually make sense.

Maybe Zen needs a little tracking too? I am so bad at Zen I rarely play him.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I couldn't say for sure. Out of the few games w/ Mei, I didn't really have to lead and popping people in the face was pretty easy, as for Zen hes just so squishy but he is now one of the only champions I say "Fuck that" when I see him. His discord is so fucking strong, not like op, but it just means death if their team has any focus what so ever.

Based on all the videos though, the large hitbox effects everyone. I was playing w/ a McCree last night that was taking on Widows, it was hilarious.. yet impressive.

As a Hanzo player, I tend to miss people when they jiggle.. as in the slightest move to the left/right on shot, usually comes mostly from either Mei's McCree's and 76's. It's easier when the player isn't consciously aware that you're aiming at them and they run the straight line to lead into your shot.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's all projectiles. The projectiles themselves have a "Area" larger then the projectile, as long as any of that "Area" touches the large hitboxes, it counts as a hit. Why its insanely easy to hit headshots on lucio, his are huge.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I feel like if people actually played Hanzo and realized "Fuck my life I can't hit anyone with anything" they'd understand the character is fine.
But he isn't fine. Like I said last week he's a shit tier character but kills people in cheesy fucking ways and that's the problem. He actually needs buffs, but they can't buff him and still allow this shit that you see him do in 80% of his kills. So he's never going to get buffed, he's always going to be cheese, and will always be a character that you'd be helping your team more by playing someone else. I loathe seeing someone on my team picking him even more than when the opponent does.

People don't hate Hanzo because he's overpowered, they hate him because he's fucking stupid and designed in a way that that's all he will ever be.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
BTW out of curiosity, has anyone ran into Meis that seem to freeze very very quickly? In all my games, I've only seen this happen 3 times, but I wasn't the only one to notice on my team.

The last time I got behind this flash freezing mei and started hozing her down. A half a second or so later she spun and I froze before she did. My ping is really bad, but not half a second bad.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
She's pretty funny when you realize she's completely trolling and manages to stay in character the entire time. My favorite was when she claimed she invented Halo and her twitch chat went nuts while she kept the charade up.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
It seems we have a semi-regular crew that plays each night, so with competitive around the corner, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in some more organized team-focused play. I'm proposing:

The Rerolled Old Man Try Hard Collective
Our aim is to make up what we lack in twitch reflexes with a bit of friendly teamwork and discipline.

I'm hoping we can assemble a group that does the following:

• Has voice chat and uses it consistently in-game
  • Picks reasonable comps
  • Doesn't rage
  • Attempts to play regular roles
  • Is interested in dedicating a couple of games each night to working on practicing cohesive team play, instead of focusing on short-term wins
  • Is interested in selecting a leader/captain to call plays
  • Is open to giving/receiving feedback from the team on improving play

I think we're starting to do this a little already, but it would be good to establish something a bit more formal if we want to keep improving.

Anyway, if you guys are interested maybe drop a reply here, or hit me up in-game, I think most of you have me already but my BNet name is Intropy#1202. I'm playing most weekday nights, and I'd definitely like to set aside at least a couple games each night where we focus on trying to pull our shit together so we can improve as a team in the long-run.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I need to get in with you guys. Someone just hit me up tehslippery#1869

I communicate well, I rarely get mad, and I can play almost everything reasonably well

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'd be down
redface.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We talked about it before I left, and I'm definitely up for that. It's the thing we're missing to be more competitive.

I think skill wise, we're never really going to compete with the best players, but honesty I feel that skills might not be the biggest difference maker. It's gonna be more about working as a team, and having an actual strategy.

We started doing the last few games, and we could see that it helped a bit....we made better push against the other team. One thing we were doing is to regroup after a wipe rather then go in one at a time to die.

The most important thing for people to understand when we do this, is that while we're still gonna try to win the match...we want to practice, so we will lose match that might have been possible to win in order to improve our team cohesion.

For me, it's still a game, and it's still about having fun...but that doesn't exclude trying to get better which will most likely make it more fun.

So whenever people are ready...I'm in.
smile.png

Oh and I like the name for our group.
smile.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Another thing, beside in game practice that we could do is use the forums to discuss some things that happen in game...like a particular game where we got shutdown, or steamrolled and what we could have done differently.

For example last night on Volskaya Industries, we faced a team with 2 Symmetra and got shutdown, they had 2 teleporters, so they constantly had teleporters up to come back quickly when we killed a few of them. There was also tons of her little turrets that would slow us down and kill us, in pretty much in all paths.

So what could we have done differently, what sort of group make up should we have switched too to counter this particular strategy.

I'm not sure if that's too much to ask for, but I think it could help us improve as a team too.