Overwatch

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You should probably be using his alt fire more often than his primary. The primary is great if you can line up the headshot and you're far away but you really should be trying to get in people's faces with Genji. Most like you should primary fire, dash, melee, alt fire. That alone is generally good enough to kill most DPS heroesassuming you land all of it.
Ah yes... my big problem

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the hardest part with Genji is landing his fucking primary fire. Like I said his projectiles just feel so much different than every other hero in the game. Then you also have to get good at making sure you jump erractically and making sure you have an escape plan with his climbs. And then you need to find out good flanking routes using his movement. He's just a hero that takes a ton of practice. I have probably 5x more Genji time than Tracer but I can very easily get gold elims on Tracer and it feels like I have to play Genji perfectly to get the same value.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't get many RR invites :c erryone hates hanzo~

Also on the note of tracer/genji on defense, I think its less about defense/attack and more about the opponents you're against. I don't know how many times I feel like I need to pull my hair out because we have a genji/tracer, if not combo'd, and they're against all frontliners.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What char do you guys think is the best for trolling? Genji is the obvious choice, but there's a retarded genji on every single team, so it doesn't carry the oomph that I want. Bastion and symmetra can get the job done on offense. Both can make sick plays and enrage teams. Widowmaker is too easy, I feel like I wreck everyone with her and it just isn't fun. I've been playing mae lately. There's something satisfying about freezing people then trying to 360 headshot them.

This game is so horrible and unresponsive for a FPS. I don't know how anyone can think this is a serious competitive game. With the games natural built in lag, its so fucking easy to get way more headshots than is reasonable.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
1. I did not invite you, although yes that was me.

2. Don't play with me if that's your attitude.

edit: 3. When I said it, it was a joke
I'm not raging btw, It's just about expectations. When I see RR invites I'm usually like "oh, cool, a RR group, usually we do really well together!". Even on these forums most comments about RR groups is the teamwork is a lot less rage-inducing. Even when we do lose, people still tried or the games were fun with everyone on board with dicking around as 6-stack Mei or whatever.

What char do you guys think is the best for trolling? Genji is the obvious choice, but there's a retarded genji on every single team, so it doesn't carry the oomph that I want. Bastion and symmetra can get the job done on offense. Both can make sick plays and enrage teams. Widowmaker is too easy, I feel like I wreck everyone with her and it just isn't fun. I've been playing mae lately. There's something satisfying about freezing people then trying to 360 headshot them.

This game is so horrible and unresponsive for a FPS. I don't know how anyone can think this is a serious competitive game. With the games natural built in lag, its so fucking easy to get way more headshots than is reasonable.
Are you trying to troll your own team or enemy team? Mei is ultimate troll against enemy team. Managed to make a Reinhardt go ultra-ragemode last night due to my Mei.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Also on the note of tracer/genji on defense, I think its less about defense/attack and more about the opponents you're against. I don't know how many times I feel like I need to pull my hair out because we have a genji/tracer, if not combo'd, and they're against all frontliners.
I feel Genji's movement is underrated on defense. I especially love him on Anubis A defense.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I feel Genji's movement is underrated on defense. I especially love him on Anubis A defense.
I feel like Genji can excel anywhere if you're competent with him. Most players aren't. He's like Tracer on steroids. Dude can fly all over and wreck anyone. When learning these "harassers" Defense is probably the worst mode compared to playing heroes with AoE or CC.

I'll take a competent Genji on my team any day anywhere.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
So last night I had a very good run. Won I'd say 11 or 12 out of 15 matches with a few PotG's. Was also in my first six man premade as we started the evening, so we knew we'd be going up against another six man premade.

We got Volskaya Industries on attack and said WTF and decided to all go Winston.Planet of the Apes here we come. We shitted it up until like the last minute of the game when we all switch to our usual main characters. I have no idea how we did it but we killed them and took point A than ran to point B and took it in less than a minute as everyone pretty much had their Ultimates and we blew our wads to get the victory.

On defense we said WTF again and went five Torbs one Mei. They shit on us pretty good on point A taking it and leaving us with 8 minutes to defend point B, but they couldn't touch point B at all. Armor packs were just littered all over the point I even with them having a Phara, Widow and Junkrat, they still couldn't take point B.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not raging btw, It's just about expectations. When I see RR invites I'm usually like "oh, cool, a RR group, usually we do really well together!". Even on these forums most comments about RR groups is the teamwork is a lot less rage-inducing. Even when we do lose, people still tried or the games were fun with everyone on board with dicking around as 6-stack Mei or whatever.

Are you trying to troll your own team or enemy team? Mei is ultimate troll against enemy team. Managed to make a Reinhardt go ultra-ragemode last night due to my Mei.
It's alright man I only play with a couple people from here anyways and now it seems like that decision is even more solidified

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I play with you almost daily!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I like Hanzo
biggrin.png
Don't know if we've grouped yet? We almost never have snipers in RR groups. I know there was recent debate about Hanzo but I think he's pretty strong. Not bad on Offense, either. His Ult charges fast enough to help a lot with pushes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw a video of a Symmetra player trolling his own team by putting his teleporter on the edge of a cliff, and waiting there to see them fall to their death when they used the teleporter.

And to top it off, and I have to give him extra points for this part...he was actually giving everyone a shield buff as they fell to their deaths.
smile.png

As for trolling the other team...Mei definitely is the best for it. I had an opposing player use the "Sorry, Sorry, I'm sorry" voice line every time he killed me. I wanted to rip her head off.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I'm in Quick Play, solo, with another person, or in 6, I'm practicing or goofing off, end of story. Even if I'm "trying" (playing a char I have a lot of time on) I'm just practicing. I know it's the only "real" mode right now but it's rediculous to expect 5 other people vs. 6 other people to all be on the lets-try-our-best-on-our-best-characters-in-an-awesome-comp all the time. All going 1 character can be fun and it's the most obvious way to tell people aren't tryharding but generally speaking, unless everyone on voice agrees, it's just practice mode.

Intropy

Shit Gamer

I stopped inviting you to our groups because you out-classed us so badly lol. Felt insecure and didn't think you'd want to play with us RR scrubs. Will def throw more invites your way in the future, hopefully your skill will start to rub off on us.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I stopped inviting you to our groups because you out-classed us so badly lol. Felt insecure and didn't think you'd want to play with us RR scrubs. Will def throw more invites your way in the future, hopefully your skill will start to rub off on us.
This strikes me as some Overwatch version of the Shining. "Play with us..."

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I can see both sides, but I definitely like playing with a group that wants to win, but isn't going to get upset if someone wants to take a few rounds on a lesser played character or if we get stomped. I really hate drama. As long as people arent raging and are generally having fun I'm in for a good time.

I run into similar situations with myself though. The guild group I run with most of the time generally prefers winning over getting better, so I go along with that and stick to the 3 or 4 characters I've specialized in and feel solid with (and I do actually feel really good with those). I have another friend playing and he essentially picks his lowest played character and just auto plays that guy each round. Every single champion is within just a few minutes played for him.

I'm not which of those is the better route. He really isn't very good yet, but theoretically at some point he'll be ok with a lot of characters. I consider myself good, but really only if I'm playing one of the couple I've specialized in.

It'll be better when competitive drops, because then quick play will have a purpose. Right now everyone wants to win.

Unrelated, but the matchmaking once you hit prestige levels improved solo queues for me a ton. I don't play solo a whole lot anymore, and when I do you still see some of the same bullshit. People rage, people insta leave if they lose, but by and large the team compositions are much better in a group where 10 of the 12 people are 100+. Now this is obviously temporary as even those snipertards will reach 101 at some point, but maybe a little incentive for everyone to push to 100+. End result at least right now is better matches.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I like Hanzo
biggrin.png
Don't know if we've grouped yet? We almost never have snipers in RR groups. I know there was recent debate about Hanzo but I think he's pretty strong. Not bad on Offense, either. His Ult charges fast enough to help a lot with pushes.
I don't think we have either? Most games from RR group has been w/ Evernothing, occasional other guys here and there. I'm usually dedicated Hanzo unless it comes to the point where I can do absolutely nothing then I pop the 76/tracer.

Hanzo is weak on his own, unlike most other champions. He has no real 'solo' power, can only compliment a team composition which makes him actually relatively weak in comparison to everyone else.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If I'm in Quick Play, solo, with another person, or in 6, I'm practicing or goofing off, end of story. Even if I'm "trying" (playing a char I have a lot of time on) I'm just practicing. I know it's the only "real" mode right now but it's rediculous to expect 5 other people vs. 6 other people to all be on the lets-try-our-best-on-our-best-characters-in-an-awesome-comp all the time. All going 1 character can be fun and it's the most obvious way to tell people aren't tryharding but generally speaking, unless everyone on voice agrees, it's just practice mode.
I do have to apologize, my face is swollen and I don't know why and I have a severe lack of sleep so my patience is very low today but I generally agree with what you said.

When I said sorry about genji to other people, it was half-joking and half-"I'm new at Genji so please don't get mad". I always play to win, regardless of what hero or role I'm playing. If my comments are taken in a way that someone thinks I'm dicking around then I apologize.

I would never go into a ranked match on a new hero and say "sorry guys, just trying out this hero lol"

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Noodle, I really didn't care too much but I've also been functioning on lack of sleep and get maybe 2-3 rounds a night unless I want to cripple myself next day. I am perfectly happy joining RR groups without the intention to win, but I might not bail out of as many games anymore. Most invites come in during games and sometimes Im having too much fun to bail immediately... that night in particular I remember joining your group while tearing it up in a Solo game, we then went on to lose ~3 straight? I have always bailed immediately to join RR people but with my limited commitment I will probably avoid doing so if I'm in an enjoyable solo game already. When it's over I'll check in to see if the group still exists and can afk/spectate until it lets me in.

I still want to play more 6stack mei... That was some of the most fun for me
biggrin.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea even if I'm doing 5 Tracers or whatever, I'm still playing the best I can. That's how I practice anyway.