Overwatch

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Went 5/5 and got rank 47. Got stuck 2 matches with the same guy playing Tjorbwhatever that would would not swap on offense. My other losses were close legit losses.

Played 3 ranked solo matches after that and got curbstomped all 3 by 6 man pre-mades. WTF is this shit!?

Fuck this game at this point.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys seem surprisingly whiney. I'll go through comp tonight so you can feel better about yourself

Needless

Toe Sucker
Kaplan posted about golden guns and point accumulation. He said that the rewards are more geared as rewards at the end of the season, not really to be grinded out during it. Players will earn a chunk of points at the end of the season, based on your final ranking.
Ahh okay that makes sense. 300 wins for a weapon is pretty fucking whack lol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah having a golden gun mid-season is supposed to be fairly rare. But you may get like 2k ranked currency at the end if you're like R70+ or something.

I wonder if after the season ends if the seasonal unlocks will be rolled into loot boxes

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah a 6 man pre-made vs a 6 solo team is ridiculous for Competitive. Since there is nothing competitive about that.

Fuck it would be like putting a Heavyweight boxer against a Lightweight boxer because you can't find him an opponent in his own weight class.

It's just fucking stupid for competitive.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not all 6 mans are good though and we don't know the matching algorithm, it could bump up the MMR for a premade. The intro screen should give you the ranking averages so we'll be able to guess how it works eventually. A premade of rank 40s might get paired against a bunch of rank 50 solos, as an example. The matchmaker isn't supposed to match up premades with non-premades, though, but at lower ranks I bet there aren't a lot of rank 40 6-stacks.

It's day 1 and it's half a season... in 1.5 months we'll be able to re-do placements and hopefully they iron out more of the bugs.

Tenks

They also said this current iteration of sudden death is only for this season. Personally I find the current sudden death the worst. I preferred the bo1 KOTH SD format to this.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Was there any truth to the idea that when they check for group they don't consider group size? I can't remember where I read that, or if it was confirmed, but I thought it was said at one point that they do a very basic group check (IE, are there stacks on either side) and then you get a go ahead. Meaning, if you are a 2-3 man on one side, you could potentially get a 6 man on the other side.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got to rank 56 at the end of my first 10. I went 6w4L. Mostly on Lucio and Junk. I got really pissed at a few teams and Alt-F4'd out of 2 of those 4 losses.

Lost a match this afternoon with Ravishing, dropped to 55.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They also said this current iteration of sudden death is only for this season. Personally I find the current sudden death the worst. I preferred the bo1 KOTH SD format to this.
One of the games we lost was because of the stupid as fuck coin toss. If the other team isn't retarded and they get attack on the coin toss, they are going to win. It doesn't matter how well you did before the coin toss, even if you beat them by like 5 minutes.

Tenks

One of the games we lost was because of the stupid as fuck coin toss. If the other team isn't retarded and they get attack on the coin toss, they are going to win. It doesn't matter how well you did before the coin toss, even if you beat them by like 5 minutes.
Yeah its a terrible system.

2-1 now in placements. Lost because even though I was Mercy damage boosting our Widowmaker they got 0 kills on Kings Row point A defense both times.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had two sudden deaths, one was attack, we won, but also had a defend(dorado) and we won. The attack game could of been 50/50, it was hollywood and a good team can hold that choke forever.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was there any truth to the idea that when they check for group they don't consider group size? I can't remember where I read that, or if it was confirmed, but I thought it was said at one point that they do a very basic group check (IE, are there stacks on either side) and then you get a go ahead. Meaning, if you are a 2-3 man on one side, you could potentially get a 6 man on the other side.
They try matching up group sizes first and as time goes by if they can't find the same group size the matchmaking system opens it up to other various group sizes to pair the pre-made with. If you go against a full premade six in a PUG that premade has waited awhile in the queue and from experience I've seen 2 min+ queue times in premades.

Jeff Kaplan made a whole post about it on the OW forums.

This is how the matchmaker works in Overwatch - Overwatch Forums

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Seagull rank 71,last night I watched surefour hit 77 from his placement. Doubt we will see anyone place higher

Tenks

Rofl I just had a game on Dorado where we held defense on the first point up at their spawn and they barely pushed the cart at all. We came out, wiped out their Bastion + Rein in like 2 seconds and after literally less than 5 seconds of push we won the match.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seagull with over 42k viewers.
Yeah checked steam stuff, saw 80ish k on Overwatch so clicked expecting a tournament, but just Seagull super high numbers. Good for him, I remember when the beta started and he was so happy about having 4k viewers because he never got more than like 1k with TF2 and said if he people sticked around he would start considering doing making streaming his work and shit. Guess it paid off, with 40k viewers he's probably making stupid money from subs and donations and shit. Good that it's also a good player getting viewers instead of an idiot with a personality kids like or whatever.