Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Is weird hes facing 60s already on a brand new account after only 3 placement games. I won my first 3 too and i was still having low 50s in my next game. Maybe the skill adjustment you get on performance means more than I thought?
Consensus says your QP play MMR is taken into account to start you off in Competitive. He had to level to 25 first so probably got a high MMR winning most games already.

Just played my first competitive matches since finishing my placements this morning. Played 3 straight and won them all, went from Rank 48 to Rank 51, went up 1 rank per win. So what is a respectable rank anyway? Like 70 or something?
Skill rating of 70 is like the top 0.1%, rating 60 is about top 7%. rating of 55 is top 22%. Anything above 50 means you are better than half the population.

Reading all the raging about the system on official forums and elsewhere is pretty amusing. People really don't seem to understand that it's a zero sum game and nothing like gaining exp.

I play competitive mode because the games are much better (for the most part). Skill rating is just an indicator of how much I suck. I wouldn't be surprised actually if Blizzard changes the system to something else so that people can pretend they don't suck as much as they do.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skill rating of 70 is like the top 0.1%, rating 60 is about top 7%. rating of 55 is top 22%. Anything above 50 means you are better than half the population.

Reading all the raging about the system on official forums and elsewhere is pretty amusing. People really don't seem to understand that it's a zero sum game and nothing like gaining exp.

I play competitive mode because the games are much better (for the most part). Skill rating is just an indicator of how much I suck. I wouldn't be surprised actually if Blizzard changes the system to something else so that people can pretend they don't suck as much as they do.
I hope they leave like it is because like you said my competitive matches are much better than what I was getting in quick play solo.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
You state that teamwork is the overriding factor in this game, then want a scoreboard to emphasize individual accomplishment. Yeah, that'll go well.
it needs to take that into consideration rather then just wins and losses. Loses should factor into it no doubt about it, but if you played really well in a match that should help you as well. As it is right now, you could get 5 gold medals be all you can be and still get massive exp loss.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
well, this is new. 4 of us and 2 pick ups. The 2 pick ups did nothing but run around at spawn point. They said they are just here to make sure everyone delevels. They did nothing. lol

spronk

FPS noob
man watching surefour play is like a whole nother level of "fuck... i will never be that good"

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just fill it out under harassment or whatever. It's definitely something they will ban/suspend for (at least from competitive).

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Damn that's nuts. I take back what I said about carries. 1%ers can carry a team 80% of the time
Whats hilarious is the 2nd of his losses was to a premade with two of his teammates, Mangachu (NGRed), and an ex member of Team Liquid. Of course they knew who he was and were focusing on him (he still did pretty good). Anyways two of his pug teammates were raging on him for picking Tracer and telling him never to pick her again. KyKy was ghosting his stream and just rips on them in the match chat.

Xelnix_sl

shitlord
Frustrating to get 55 on placement, then proceed to lose 2 matches in which I was teamed with a player who would only pick Torb... on every map. After further investigation, the guy, Lyricist, has 82 hours played as Torb, and NOTHING ELSE. How he ranked a 55 I'll never know. Down to rank 53.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Frustrating to get 55 on placement, then proceed to lose 2 matches in which I was teamed with a player who would only pick Torb... on every map. After further investigation, the guy, Lyricist, has 82 hours played as Torb, and NOTHING ELSE. How he ranked a 55 I'll never know. Down to rank 53.
I may have actually played versus him. He went Torb on Hollywood attack and defense and his team wanted him reported. He said he's only ever played Torb so he really can't just swap.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
You know those games where your team just stomps the opposing team and its over in minutes? Sometimes that's because you're playing great, other times its because the enemy team has the 100 percent Torb player and they're spending half the gametime raging on him instead of trying to adapt.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I played with that fucker too! Like you, I've gone from 55 to 53