Overwatch

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ranked is fucking broken, there is no two ways about it.
Just finished my placements. Felt like all ten were pretty decent games -- maybe one or two were over a little quick but sometimes that's just how it goes. I like comp more than QP since I care about playing well more. What expectations did you have for S1 ranked that were not met?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They need to reevaluate how they deal with leavers for those who stay...right now 11 people get fucked. The losers lose normal rank xp, the winners barely get any rank xp, and if you manage to win with just 5 anyways...you barely get xp.

Also, today I had the horrible bad luck of grouping on two different occasion with a couple with extremely shitty Internet, they warned us just after the game started that they had unstable internet and would most likely disconnect. Which they did in both games which I lost...it really sucked hard.

Also I love Genji, I'm starting to get the hang of him. Killing bastion with reflect, or reflecting a high noon is so satisfying. I didn't record it, but I had another play of the game on defense where I wiped the entire opposing team just after they rezzed for the win....so much fun. I also was kind of a jerk, on Illios Lighthouse, after my group team kill the other team...I was able to run to their spawn point, and wiped them out when they all came out with my ultimate. Boy were they salty in chat, I almost felt bad.
smile.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished my placements so far, only problem I have is the leaver "system" is currently pointless and hurts non-leavers more than leavers.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. I think I am done with competitive for a bit. Played two games today after raiding. Lost one, lost a whole level. Second one, was a good team that communicated. We managed to get a team wipe that got me play of the game and then all but one abandoned the game. Got less than 10% of that level back. Think the system is kinda borked at the moment, or at least I don't understand how its working.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Just finished my placements. Felt like all ten were pretty decent games -- maybe one or two were over a little quick but sometimes that's just how it goes. I like comp more than QP since I care about playing well more. What expectations did you have for S1 ranked that were not met?
My placement matches were actually pretty good, even though I went 4-6. I felt like I had good teams and even the losses weren't bad losses. I never thought I was awesome, just average, and the games were clearly better than quick play. Ended up at 48. Seemed fair. Right after qualifying my first two games had non-ranked people in them and we got blown out. After it dropped me 2 ranks I lost something like 10 more games in a row, all with me being the best player the team, most of the time by a large margin. All of them my teammates were not good. In two of them I was top indamageas Lucio and another was most elims as Mercy. Now I'm sitting at 38, which puts me, according to MasterOverwatch, worse than 96% of the people playing the game and that's just bullshit. Like I said I'm not the best player, but I'm sure as hell not that bad and certainly not as bad as the people I'm playing with in these games. I'm not kidding when I say the experience has been worse than quick play. They don't even know comps or counters, they never switch classes, etc. I'd say 2/3 of my games my team hasn't been able to capture the first objective on any map, it's brutal. I can count on one hand how many people have used a mic or communicated in chat.

There is something seriously wrong with solo queue in the bottom half of ranked and the way they calculate where you belong. And if you happen to drop it just gets worse and worse. Either I'm ranked too low or these people are ranked too high, and I don't see how in the world I can be solely responsible for my MMR when I'm playing with people like this. I'm not good enough to carry and I know for a fact that whatever system they have setup just goes off of wins and losses. When the enemy team points out that my team sucked but I did well, I get 8 votes, but still lose a full level there is no way performance is counted. It doesn't matter how good you play if your team loses and if you win you get shit for rank even if no one leaves.

I've played plenty of ranked ladders in other games, I've never experienced anything like this.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had some dude in my game named GOAT who went on and on about how he's in the top 2% of Torb players in the world. Plays Torb on offense and defense. Also had a really annoying foreign accent.

Funny shit.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
What do you want? If the full team gets normal rank gain that's not fair. If the partial team has lowered rank loss it encourages gaming the system. There's no fair way to do it without draconian penalties for leaving and it's fucking Blizzard, don't hold your breath.

Cybsled

Just put chronic leavers in the low priority queue, make it a Mystery Brawl mode, and force them to win X games in a row to escape it. That is what Valve did with DOTA2 for people racking up penalties.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm afraid to play ranked. I don't want to get mad for losing and star despising the game.

And points for the golden guns.
And maybe even some fun games. My experience with quick play since competitive came out is that nobody is trying to win at all. Never a healer unless you pick it yourself. Always instahanzos and instagenzis or even several. Last time I played it put me into a payload game where my team was attacking with 5 genjis. Can't even practice different heros properly in that shit show. Might as well just get mechanics down in practice range and then play competitive.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I dig competitive just for the 33% of games that are REALLY good and people are talking/communicating well and make it awesome. I have no problem tolerating the other shit or truly care about climbing rank. It seems quite easy to stay in the same general rank you placed in.

Had a total QQ Hanzo player in this last game. God damn was that some funny shit. Dude got bitched at, reasonably, for being Hanzo on attack and not really killing anyone or making any effort to be on the point at all. This was Hanamura and he just really wasn't being effective on the first point.

Goes into a HUGE diatribe about how everyone else sucks because they can't get on the point while he snipes. So of course me and this other guy start just trolling him and the dude loses it.

I was in tears over that shit. He managed to get a POTG for his stupid ult and claimed how he was the best otherwise he wouldn't have got POTG and he gets POTG in 95% of his games.

Overwatch toxicity is gold compared to League of Legends, not sure why.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everyone raging over classes etc is why I've preferred qp ask far. I understand wanting to take it seriously but if you're that serious get your own fucking group.

Citz

Silver Squire
I'm starting to think that normalizing the MMR into a bounded skill rating wasn't such a good idea. People have this expectation that you should level up if you win more. The thing is, if the average player get more MMR than you, you will not be moving up in ranks. It's just the way the bell curve works.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope in future seasons they just replicate what HotS does now with it's ranked play and what SC2 has coming up. I tend to agree the numbers possibly set an unfair expectation for some people. Not to mention ranking up from 52 to 53 is just kind of boring.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The point of compisto take it serious
Yes but do you rage on your teammates for not playing whatever class, commit seppuku after losing, or just not get drunk and play? Lot of variation in seriously and I'm not a fan of "so serious I'm raging if we lose and satisfied if we win".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everyone raging over classes etc is why I've preferred qp ask far. I understand wanting to take it seriously but if you're that serious get your own fucking group.
People rage over classes in QP too.

Had a guy bitch at me for picking Genji on defense. Who the fuck cares bro? Just play.