Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably going to see some friend request SPAM just realized I haven't added like 70% of the list of people on the front page of this thread :p Wish you could put notes on your invites, gotten a few requests from people on here that aren't on the list so i'm kinda like "Who is this?"
Yeah, I wish I could put my friends in "a group" on the friends list. It would help me know where everyone on my list is from.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A stealth hero next? A few voice lines were data mined on the PTR suggesting that this might be the case.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
When I first played during open beta I thought Reaper's wraith form made me invisible. I'd fly up right in the enemy's face and start shooting once it wore off. Sigh

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Look at that charge. He the hit pillar which I was behind yet I get pulled through it and end up pinned. Those swings were just insult to injury.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
A stealth hero next? A few voice lines were data mined on the PTR suggesting that this might be the case.

I feel if they do release a champion with stealth, sorta basing it off of what torb says too. I think she/he will probably only stealth at a standstill, like night elves. Plays like genji/tracer as a flanker/disruption, and moves in and out of combat to find safe locations to sit stealth. Will be able to cap/defend objectives, forcing your team to have to spam in every conceivable location to find. In the end though, she might be fun to play but be a torb/symm like gimmick.

Dantre_sl

shitlord
Support player - love Lucio and the role. But can adapt to whatever.

Competitive focus and game for teams even in QP.

nerp#1218

Pickup groups in competitive are such a mixed bag - once you dip under 49 it can dangerously turn into a death spiral of shit that can't be carried by support.

Cybsled

There is a difference between stealth and invis. I doubt they will go the full TF2 spy route, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have a shadowmeld type ability. Sombra means Shadow, so I am guessing she will have some sort of "melt into the shadows" ability that lets her hide. There already are a bunch of flanking heroes that are hard to hit and destroy teams without counters (Tracer, Reaper, Genji) and lots of heroes have AOE abilities, so I don't see the harm in some type of shadowmeld ambush hero.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Even then, using HotS as an example, they do really well with stealth characters. I'm gonna assume that the character will actually be a low damage character, more scouting/traps since we don't really have much of the sort.

If they do go for a dps'y character, she'll probably have only a shadowmeld rather than a full blown walking stealth. I wouldn't be surprised if they also gave her a leap.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just had the worst roadhog hook hanzo arrow tree trunk death Ive ever seen. Was on the top ridge of the final point of attacking hanamura, roadhog hooks me below without any LOS of me, hanzo arrow kills me before hook registers above, again with absolutely no LOS. On my screen, I get dragged to the roadhog and die. On the replay, hanzo kills me with a random arrow that he doesn't even see my hitbox at all. I dont stream/record but I really wish I had that. Most BS thing Ive experienced so far.

I am 100% against stealth in the game, and I really really hope its just some sort of smoke projectile or something. Stealth has ruined every single game its been. Gauze, do you remember how anti-fun nova was for so long? She's still really anti-fun actually, and zeratul has been an absolute nightmare to balance with extensive bans in the past. Its a terrible mechanic and has no place shitting up games. It was the same in dirty bomb, they added somewhat of a stealth class (he could still be seen just not very well). Blast to play (at the start), absolute cancer to play against when even somewhat strong, then nerfed into being completely useless after about a month of people saying how bullshit and unfun it was. So the solution was to just make him terrible so no-one would play him any more. Its just an old mechanic that needs done away with completely.

Honestly the game feels borderline to me at the minute with the ultra fast ultimates, terrible hitboxes (though maybe this will be better after patch), random projectiles just chunking away at everyones health. If zen goes live the way he is he'll be in every game and the time to kill with discord will be even lower. Adding a stealth class into the game I think would be the final straw for me.

Cybsled

You don't like moving stealth. There is a big difference between Riki and Clinkz vs. Templar Assassin in DOTA. Templar Assassin can only shadowmeld and remain still, so it makes it easy to kill her if you AOE the spot where she hid. Overwatch has a fuckton of AOE attacks and unlike a DOTA/HOTS/LOL, your attack abilities don't require a click-to-attack, so if you know where the person hid, it isn't hard to attack them.

Vanilla spy wasn't that amazing in TF2 and he got shit on by most classes. Pyro poofing fire basically made him useless.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Stealth is annoying to play against but usually means character will be weak since so much power is allotted to having stealth. Almost every LoL hero with stealth has been nerfed to oblivion, and I can't think of any FPS characters that are OP with stealth.. granted, there aren't many to begin with.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they dont add an invis/stealth. More than anything its just not fun to play against in any game.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've always assumed Sombra was either stealth or someone who projected darkness as a counter to snipers and sharpshooters. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have the enemy plant a sphere of darkness on the payload.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they add stealth they've run out of idea's and it's pretty early in the cycle to pull that card.