Overwatch

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748606456?page=16#post-308

Thanks for the input, guys. This is really helpful. A lot of what you're saying aligns with what we're seeing.

We've made so many changes since Season 1 that the data from that Season is not relevant anymore. Also, we made significant changes after the placement reset on the PTR. So our sample size is limited in evaluating this. It's also somewhat tainted because much of the feedback we get is either Season 1 holdover feedback or pre-"placement reset" Season 2 feedback. So trying to separate out all of the old issues from possible current new ones is challenging.

What it looks like to us is:

--Zen places fine
--Ana places fine
--Mercy places low (fix in flight)
--Lucio places really low (fix in flight)

There were other heroes (non-support) who were placing too high and too low... and there are fixes in flight for these as well. This should further help to balance things out... hopefully. We'll keep a very close eye on this and continue to make improvements as needed.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Check out this Mei wall at the end of the clip to get over the wall:

clips.twitch.tv/overwatchopen/FamousParrotRiPepperonis

You'll have to cut & paste. The forum tries to embed it as a channel nomatter what I do.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
No idea if support had hard time for placing and leveling in S1 but playing mainly Lucio/Zen I felt my ranking up was slow as hell. If I compare to my daughter on PS4 (She played D.va and Tracer). She was 8-2 in placement matches I went 7-3. I was rank 52 on PC she was 56 or 57 on PS4

Citz

Silver Squire
Blizz did acknowledge that Lucio & Mercy were placing lower than expected. I'm assuming that would have an effect on skill rating advancement also.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I just came back from vacation and I noticed we had a internal Overwatch league that was getting organised at work. There was already 15-16 teams in the league and me and some friends just formed a team. We will go in for fun. We started practicing a bit and it will be nice to have people to group with in competitive S2. I did S1 mostly solo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did my placements on ptr and went 5-5, placed into gold which seems about right.

I really like the new map, they put an impressive amount of detail into it and I appreciate the dark souls throwback.

Mostly been playing Hanzo and tracer but also s76 and he feels really good too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
S76 is basically his pre-nerf form. He's going to be macroable again I'm fairly certain. Oh well.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
McCree is still mostly better than S76. Also they should just add a burst-fire to Soldier as an alt fire or something so whether it can be macro'd or not is irrelevant.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I had my best Mccree game a couple days ago. 20 elims/2 deaths, which is hard when you're running on a shitpc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Been playing a lot of ptr. Mostly to get a feel for the changes and the new map and ranking system.

I did rank up to platinum and getting a bit stomped there but I think that feels where I belong right now.

On gold if I play I can often be a superstar in the match but when I ranked up I immediately felt on equal ground.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Feel like this down time between seasons is too long. For my part, I feel like I'm losing interest and moving onto other games in the interim here. Additionally, I feel like when I come back I'll be more rusty then I was at the end of S1 which reduces my motivation to do S2.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, they definitely gave NRG a run for their money with the starting point and streets phase attacking in Hollywood though. The recovery from NRG at the final check point was pretty entertaining to watch.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Loooool

Edit: Ugh, sec. Clips don't work on the forum I guess

Code:
https://clips.twitch.tv/overwatchopen/FantasticSheepDeIlluminati

Last edited: