Overwatch

Dashivax

N00b
god damn you moved from 2100 to 3500?

Nah plat starts at 2500. I placed at around 2600 this season, I think because I hadn't played in so long. Originally placed in mid 60s the start of season one and worked into the 70s mid season before taking a break. Completely missed season 2. I guess the decay rate for MMR for not playing is pretty significant.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Medals are absolutely worthless and actually harm your ability to perceive what happened in a match. If you ever think to yourself "Well I got gold elims and damage this loss wasn't MY fault" you should probably log off and regroup because you're tilting.

Tenks

I think it was complexity the other day I saw in a tournament using Sombra on attack points to good effect. Hacked rein + discord orb and heals from zen makes her low damage not so bad. But her ult is really good at capturing points, saw several times in the tourney where their team just completely crushed a team fight at the capture point with it.

This is pretty much Complexity's signature comp. AFAIK they are the only team that runs it as well at least in tournament play.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Symm has made games go to Draw so much, I found swapping to Mei on Offense so your team can push through chokes has won me many more games.

I also believe sticking to a few heroes is best practice for climbing.
Team Comp is more important as you climb but if you're sub-3K then it shouldn't be a priority.
I'm only 2600 right now so maybe my opinion is invalid, I can't get enough playtime to try and climb.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, glad its back. We enjoy doing arcade to take a break once in awhile and while all the random brawls I've seen are pretty neat we all really enjoy mystery heroes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, glad its back. We enjoy doing arcade to take a break once in awhile and while all the random brawls I've seen are pretty neat we all really enjoy mystery heroes.

I really enjoy it as well. Its like ARAM in lol its hard to get super salty because a lot of the normal friction points are out of anybodies control. You just have to try to make use of the team you get. And sometimes you just get screwed on comp and thats OK. It also forces me to get better at characters I normally don't play.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nerfs/buffs announced for PTR today.. RIP Ana

OVERWATCH PTR NOW AVAILABLE - JANUARY 5, 2017

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

GENERAL UPDATES

General

• Emote Wheel
    • Players can now equip up to 4 emotes, sprays, and voice lines from within the hero gallery
    • Voice line and emote submenus can be accessed using the left and right mouse buttons from within the Communication wheel
    • Players can now bind individual sprays, emotes, and voice lines to unique keys or mouse buttons
HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana

• Biotic Grenade
    • Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
Developer Comments: The healing boost from Ana’s Biotic Grenade was providing too much healing, especially when used on targets with large health pools.

D.Va

• Health increased from 200 to 400
  • Armor decreased from 400 to 200
  • Fusion Cannons
    • Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
    • Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Developer Comments: D.Va’s armor often made her feel like she had no weaknesses, even against heroes that are often effective against bigger targets (like Reaper). The changes to her Fusion Cannons will result in a small overall decrease in damage, but they should feel more consistent now.

Roadhog

• Chain Hook
    • Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates
    • Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog’s line-of-sight before being pulled
    • Line-of-sight checks (which detect if targets should be initially hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog’s position, rather than the hook’s position
Developer Comments: The hook should now feel more consistent for Roadhog players, but it should also feel more reasonable to his enemies, as they cannot be hooked or pulled around corners anymore.

Sombra

• Hack
    • The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds
Developer Comments: Sombra often had difficulty hacking enemies, even when she surprised the target. This change should help her execute hacks more easily.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Dva did need the nerf. The damage mitigation from the armor, coupled with her d matrix, made her incredibly hard to kill compared to other tanks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They didn't nerf defense matrix so it seems they are happy where that is.

Xevy

Log Wizard
All those changes look fine. I think Sombra's hack should be .5 seconds or make it 1 to 1.5 seconds but make damage not interrupt it. It's already got a horrendous cooldown.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I wouldn't mind Sombra's hack time going down, it feels almost pointless to try it on an actual person right now. I understand why they want to make it not super easy to do, but fuck, I actually prefer getting hacked over sleep dart OR biotic grenade so whatever. I really doubt that nerf to Ana will change much, and the change to DVa I don't think changes much on the pro level? It would affect how much damage she takes from Roadhog, sometimes, but otherwise she still has all her 3-4 tank meta strengths.

Maybe Sombra being better would make tanks weaker but don't know if that "buff" is enough.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Kinda bummed about ana, but anyone that plays her or has played with a good one knows her st healing is pretty bonkers, especially when you have the healing boost from the nade.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
All those changes look fine. I think Sombra's hack should be .5 seconds or make it 1 to 1.5 seconds but make damage not interrupt it. It's already got a horrendous cooldown.

The cool down on her hack should be reduced whenever she hits an enemy.

Tenks

Body hacking is almost worthless since Complexity has the script out on getting EMP 30 seconds into a match. It may help her out in non-organized environments but they'd have to make her body hacking basically instant and no cooldown for it to matter at competitive play from what I've seen.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
ive lost like 10 in a row. down to 1500 was at 2100 yesterday. This is insane. People just do not want to play as a team. If you try to rally the troops, its stop crying, just have fun. huh?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
People don't want to do to get the win. I'm fine people trying things out and playing their ace but once you know what you have to do to counter the team, you have to be willing to switch it up. I try to be the guy that's willing to do what it takes but sometimes the guy who's trying something or just not performing well needs to be willing to be a team player. That's just the nature of the community and PUG'ing though. I really think OW's community isn't all that bad but maybe i've seen some of the worst in MOBA's and everything else just seems a little better.