bolok

Trakanon Raider
Fuuuuuuh

star wars no GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Sad news indeed.. I'm so conflicted, I love ONI but hate CCP.. I think this actually supports my decision to buy the xpac early since tencent didn't get the cash!

Better Tencent than EA though. Tencent at lease has a history of leaving their aquisitions alone and letting them make good games.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
do we have a general game news thread? should..

Tencent has bought majority stake in Klei Entertainment. some bullshit..

As part of this agreement, Klei will retain full autonomy of creative and operations across all aspects of the studio, including projects, talent, and more. There are no plans for Cheng to step down, nor will there be changes to staff, projects, or other operations.

Yeah good luck w that. Bout to get flooded w literal CCP thought police.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So.. why is this bad? (Tencent aquiring Klei)

Because the CCP lies and will use Klei as a front for stealing corporate secrets or some other related theft.

Klei will get flooded with CCP agents, it’s culture will die, and all its games will have an overt pro CCP slant.

Have you not been paying attention? They have a pretty obvious MO.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Klei games (at least the ones I've played) have nothing to do with earth or earth culture. I don't see what there is to pro CCP in them.

Tencent seem to be pretty hands-off with their other game aquisitions, some of them are many years old. Riot and Epic both seem to be going as strong as ever for example.

Caliane

I don't even know if Tmac is trolling...

yeah, those are not accusations anyone has thrown at Tencent. in terms of studio interaction, seem very hands off. certainly a better track record then EA, Activision, etc.

What they have done is, censored posts on forums involving China, Taiwan, etc. Censored in game chats for multiplayer games.
And, in general, funding Tencent is funding the CCP. they have indirect ties.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guessing you will never see a Winnie the Poooh game come out from them.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And, in general, funding Tencent is funding the CCP. they have indirect ties.
What indirect ties?

They have pretty direct ties like basically any large chinese business does. You don't operate a major business in China without direct CCP ties.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
And, in general, funding Tencent is funding the CCP.

Yet I'm trolling? Can you do the math of your own comment or does 2 + 2 = 5?

You think the CCP, who is known around the world for corporate espionage, who had a 2 million name database leaked last year of CCP ops in global companies, who uses every advantage to propogandize the world, isn't going to do the same shit in gaming studios? If so, I've got a bridge to sell you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The Spaced Out! expansion just officially launched yesterday. I played it to varying degrees throughout most of its time in early access and really enjoyed the additions and tweaks to gameplay. Here’s the trailers:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
One of my favourite all time games, can't recommend enough to anyone who has any interest in this genre.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So before I learned how to play this game I loved it, recommend it to anyone etc but now I think I hate it.
You have to be so precise about everything, one block in the wrong place you get so fucked and you might not even realize how fucked you are until hours later when shit starts to cascade downwards to everyone dying. DLC seems to just add complexity to an already insanely complicated game.
Ignorance is bliss with this game, the puzzle feels unsolvable and it broke me.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Early on, when you haven't learned to anticipate things like ambient temperature and sustainable food sources it seems insurmountable. But once you've played through each of the fail states it's actually pretty easy. If not too easy.

Best advice I've gotten was to keep your population as low as possible. Research and build automation as much as you can and insulate and seal off your main habitation area to keep o2 demands low. Look at those processes that stack up work errands for your dupes and look into automating them wherever you can. You can get past the sustainability hump with 4 dupes.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I found that once you are used to the mechanics the game gets too easy.
DLC actually made the start of the game easier than before I think, but late game definitely gets harder. It's an improvement though as the old space/rocket/meteor pre DLC part of the game kind of sucked.
Solving problems that occur is the fun of the game for me. I just started a new map on a cold asteroid and I'm trying to do it without using ranching for food which is usually my #1 food source. I'm also trying some different electrolyzer setups since forever I've just been doing enclosed boxes and pumping O2 and H2 out.. so trying some where the O2 is venting directly into the base is something new and interesting but I do keep having problems with it and having to fix it.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Update/DLC turned my wheezewort cooling setups into fucking Chernobyl so that was fun.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users