OZ The Great and Powerful

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dont think thats that intentional, I think kids movies back in the day were scarier is because they used practical effects which looked fucking real over a cgi scare which even a little kid knows that its not really there.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Return to Oz fucking creeped me the hell out when I saw it as a child, hated the movie. Franco fucking sucked for about half-3/4ths of the movie and honestly the only thing I noticed that I would change. The rest of the movie was great, my favorite was my 6 year old niece screaming "NOOO" when she realized Oscar might bail. I really disliked Return to Oz, I can't remember the nightmares that shit inspired but I remember to this day that I had them and fucking hated that movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
speaking of there was one moment during this movie that kinda freaked me out
when they are having the final fight between glinda and wicked witch rachel weicz, there is a point where the china doll is running around and rachel weicz Force blocks glinda into the air and when she hits the ground i though i heard a broken glass sound and she starts getting up real slowly and im like, noooooo, china girl! and then there was nothing there and i felt stupid. but that would have been a nasty twist to have glinda kill her by accident

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just saw it in 3D. I liked it. The girlfriend loved it. Wants to get it on Blu-ray nao!

Mila Kunis continues to be hot.

Glinda was not bad either.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Saw it this weekend. I thought it was good. Franco was good, Kunis I had kind of a problem with. From the moment she goes green her face just looks off. Uncanny valley or something. Her acting was fine (even if my wife kept leaning over to me and saying "Dammit Meg...") but it was hard to get past the way she looked.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
The eyebrows did look very Sharpie inspired.

rrr_img_18696.jpg
rrr_img_18697.jpg

rrr_img_18696.jpg

rrr_img_18697.jpg

rrr_img_18696.jpg

rrr_img_18697.jpg