OZ The Great and Powerful

Ryanz

<Banned>
The best part of the movie was the little ceramic girl, and it certainly wasn't enough to buy tickets for.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You're right, the whole movie itself was worth buying a ticket for. It was great and as I said before did a fantastic job setting up for Wizard. It stayed true to the material it was based on and was probably one of the best done 3D movies I've seen since the whole scam of 3D overtook everything.

If you aren't a fan of the books it's based off of or a fan of Wizrd you probably wont like this, correct. For anyone who is even somewhat a fan of any of the before mentioned, it's well worth the ticket price.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It stayed true to the material it was based on and was probably one of the best done 3D movies I've seen since the whole scam of 3D overtook everything.

If you aren't a fan of the books it's based off of or a fan of Wizrd you probably wont like this, correct. For anyone who is even somewhat a fan of any of the before mentioned, it's well worth the ticket price.
Don't go all hipster. I'm a fan of the books, and nowhere in the books does it mention anything in this film. In fact there's over a dozen Oz books written by Baum and rather than use one of those and introduce more people to the series they just made a bunch of new shit up because they felt the source material wasn't good enough.

So again, don't go all hipster
tongue.png

tongue.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can you really go hipster with a franchise that has been around for 113 years? lol
tongue.png

And I was meaning the whole feel of it stayed true to the original source materials. Lets not pretend The Wizard of Oz or anything else Baum wrote was some sort of serious masterpiece, it all had the same feel this movie had, kinda cheesy but told a great story whole being cheesy.

It's a family movie that was very simple. Looking for more then that going into this and you were already going to see the wrong movie.

tongue.png

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed Franco in it /shrug. Thought it was x10 better then Alice in wonderland

Silence_sl

shitlord
The best part of the movie was the little ceramic girl, and it certainly wasn't enough to buy tickets for.
The ceramic girl and the monkey were the only characters that had any charm. Weisz was decent; the rest of the cast were in way over their heads. Raimi should stick to ruining comic book heros.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I enjoyed it, but wont go out of my way to see it again. I keep my expectations low on movies now a days, thus have a decent chance at being entertained.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
it was entertaining overall but it suffered from terrible pacing and james franco was miscast.
Agreed. I liked Franco in some of his films, but as a serious actor... He just can't do it. He plays himself in everything he does. That works well when he's playing a normal guy, stoner, blue-collar worker, etc. But put him in a role that actually requires a bit of character acting and he fails every time. Like playing a scientist in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I really liked that movie, but couldn't stand Franco in the lead. Same thing here.

That said, I thought the movie was OK. Not horrible. Not great.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
The ceramic girl and the monkey were the only characters that had any charm. Weisz was decent; the rest of the cast were in way over their heads. Raimi should stick to ruining comic book heros.
I don't know about the acting but I would have crushed Michelle Williams in that outfit 10 times a day and make the munchkins cheer me on.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I thought Mila Kunas did a good job, but i almost feel asleep. I gave it a 4/10 wife liked it but only at about 6/10.

I would recommend a rental

Jovec

?
Maybe I'm not the Wizard(tm) you deserve, but I am the Wizard(tm) you need.

Thought it was average. I got to a point with the dialogue where I was cringing every time they said "Wizard." It wasn't dark enough to hold my interest (not that it was supposed to be) but it wasn't clever enough (like the China Girl, or most Pixar films) to hold it either.

A better cameo for Bruce Campbell couldn't have hurt either.

p.s. I don't go to the movies often, but seven fucking previews? The Croods, Gatsby, Oblivion, Star Trek, Iron Man 3, GI Joe, and the Will Smith one.