Ozark

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The PI character was annoying as fuck. The dude cares way too much about what cannot be that big of a payday

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I've enjoyed Season 4 so far.

Although had some thoughts:
- Frank Sr would never have gone alone to Darlene's.
- Frank Jr talked about the code, he would have not let his father's death slide.
- Navarro Nephew's is a bit too reckless and wild to be believable.
- Wendy at this point is full coo-coo bird, I've stopped trying to rationalize her behavior.
- The FBI agent going rogue to get Navarro was weird but she's definitely going to get popped.

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overall the show is good, but ALL of the FBI stuff has been contrived form the beginning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Overall the show is good, but ALL of the FBI stuff has been contrived form the beginning.
I thought they absolutely NAILED their incompetence, to be honest. It doesn't seem all that contrived.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What? You too manly to engage in a homo relationship with the relative of a suspect in order to close a case?!

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
What? You too manly to engage in a homo relationship with the relative of a suspect in order to close a case?
Well, Yes. But I was referring to a case agent just deciding he's going to go undercover alone. Doesn't happen.
Sleep with an informant? Fired and jail.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Genuinely curious, which show portrays the FBI's day to day investigation work the most accurately? I really liked Manhunt:Unabomber with Paul Bettany but an FBI lawyer acquaintance said the fieldwork was all weird.

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
TV is tough. Most is crap. Manhunt was decent IIRC. Mindhunters is very well done outside of the first episode. The movie, The Informant, was super accurate.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TV is tough. Most is crap. Manhunt was decent IIRC. Mindhunters is very well done outside of the first episode. The movie, The Informant, was super accurate.
Was that the Matt Damn whistle blower movie?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I picture the FBI operating like every other US government agency. Political, a chunk of union employees who do nothing and collect a paycheck, tons and tons of processes and regulations that do nothing but hinder the day-to-operations for those who actually do work and in general very inefficient with next to no one willing to buck the status quo lest they be labeled "difficult to work with". Just go along to get along.

I hope I am wrong but...

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Was that the Matt Damn whistle blower movie?
Yeah. My friend said the same thing. It's boring unless you're interested in the technical minutiae. Then it's not boring at all.

I guess, at this point, the better question is how much of the FBI's day-to-day is basically babysitting those informants.

• 1Like

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. My friend said the same thing. It's boring unless you're interested in the technical minutiae. Then it's not boring at all.

I guess, at this point, the better question is how much of the FBI's day-to-day is basically babysitting those informants.
Depends on how many sources you're running, what violations they're reporting on, and how retarded they are. Some are normal and require little supervision. Some are criminals and need alot. Some also need to be put into WitSec. (I had three in WitSec)

At the end of my gang career, I ran seven Confidential Human Sources. That was nearly a full time job.

• 1Like