Ozark

Caliane

Theres limits on how much one can take Wendy and Darlene trying to out crazy bitch each other. And Wendy trying to turn Charlotte into another one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually thought this shit was going south last season. Everything is just soo over the top. Always a problem, always need to be solved in 24 hrs. Actually MULTIPLE problems always one to another... The whole Kingpin wanting to go free in US and FBI willing to go along is cringe worthy too. And then a lowbie FBI agent arrests him after the deal with a whole force of FBI agents? Like who the fuck signed off on that shit? 15 yr old laundering moneys? Mob guys dad gets killed by the bitch that shot off your balls and youre like OK I wont kill her? Some drug company CEO gets low down and dirty doing drug deals with cartel in PERSON?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
There are a bunch of different ways this season could have gone after the last and they settled on a pretty dumb one. I took an entire week to slog through this. Big meh

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The first season is always great. After they get a multi-year huge payday, they stop giving a fuck. Probably off spending the fortune Netflix wired into their account. Just like pro athletes who get a huge pay day. After you have the cash, you just don't care as much. I can't say I would be any different.

Ruth killing an entire cartel with a shotgun will be very cringe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

I think the big delay between seasons because of Covid just really killed a lot of momentum. They probably fucked with the script way too much. Hopefully part 2 goes a lot better. Ruth was just way too over the top in the final scene.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The guys who said the show has gone sour with the last couple seasons' villains were right.

It's a pretty easy test too: just look back when the show had Del and Jacob Snell as the antagonists and compare the show's quality then to now. There's just no comparison. Even Navarro was a better villain off-screen than when he comes front and center.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's got to be hard to have some kind of resolution for each season while still having compelling stories. Having an exciting story in S1 and then having to keep it remotely plausible while continuously ramping up the drama season after season isn't easy. That was why I always found the fact that the show Justified stayed good for 6 seasons so impressive, although they had a lot of Elmore Leonard source material to draw from.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The PI is just a drag for me. I'm sure his storyline will end up being important but basically I could have done without him without part 1 losing anything.

They have a hard time following up on Wendy's brother from last season. He was stellar. No new character this season is even close. The only way part 2 can properly end is basically killing nearly every character in the show.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm still annoyed by the flash-forward. Why even show us that so early? All it does is tell me that the entire family survives for now and probably for at least some significant portion of time into part 2 since we're not exactly in "everything is fine" mode by the end of the mid-season finale. Furthermore, I'm assuming that's supposed to be some random chance accident to play off how Marty always does his best to be in control and this is the universe's way of saying you can't always be - if it isn't, and that was somehow orchestrated by one of the antagonists to miraculously have a trucker try to pass in a curve at just the right moment to get the Byrdes... well that's retarded. I'm assuming it's supposed to genuinely be an accident - which would be much more impactful if it happened chronologically, instead of telling us "oh hey, check out this SHOCKER that isn't even happening in this part of the season!" Maybe there's an actual reason and I'll stick my foot in my mouth later this year, but for now it seems dumb.

Also, I'm not safety expert, but everyone was wearing their seatbelts and at least one body (looked like Charlotte) was no longer in their seat after the rollover. How often do seatbelts fail? Not suggesting this was unreasonable, I genuinely have no idea.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Didn't watch the new season yet, but they need to make Wendy full on evil and take over and Bateman be killed or broken. Make it a very dark ending. But I doubt that happens.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season has reached Sons of Anarchy quality tier: writing has really gone quite poor, some characters are plain awful (Jonah), nothing's plausible anymore, it's like they're all living in a bubble where stuff happens and there's no link or consequences to the outside world. Also it really feels like the Byrdes and Javi seem to have the capacity to teleport themselves whenever and wherever they want and always on time.

The whole FBI-Javi-Maya-Navarro storylines feel so absurd, cheap, cliche and bland it's painful to just think at how convoluted and dumb everyone acts while at the same time it looks so easy and fast to just cut last minute 10 year deals with anyone. Most of the acting is still okay but they definitely are out of their reach writing wise, it's like they dug a hole too deep and can't figure how to get out of it.

• 1Like

Caliane

I like how Javi, the effective head of the cartel, can just fly back and forth between Mexico and Missouri, 4 times a week nonstop. The FBI don't do shit, border patrol doesn't do shit. his own men don't question why the fuck he's spending all his time on this one aspect of the cartel.

Jonah is supposed to be 14 still and this absurd plotline around him.

Where's Darlenes men? The treats it as if Darlene has this farm she runs entirely by herself? and can strongarm, etc?

lots of bosses suddenly showing up in person, to throw around idle threats to other drug bosses. instead of sending hitmen, and shocked pikachu when they get shot in the head.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I like how Javi, the effective head of the cartel, can just fly back and forth between Mexico and Missouri, 4 times a week nonstop. The FBI don't do shit, border patrol doesn't do shit. his own men don't question why the fuck he's spending all his time on this one aspect of the cartel.

Jonah is supposed to be 14 still and this absurd plotline around him.

Where's Darlenes men? The treats it as if Darlene has this farm she runs entirely by herself? and can strongarm, etc?

lots of bosses suddenly showing up in person, to throw around idle threats to other drug bosses. instead of sending hitmen, and shocked pikachu when they get shot in the head.
This!!
The first 3 seasons were pretty much grounded because the cartel was far away, almost no contact between Navarro and the Byrdes (except for Helen).
And now... Javi goes back and forth like it's nothing (and I don't believe he is not on some FBI or DEA list). Even Navarro went to US soil with his plane and nothing happened lol
They are constantly talking to each other on the phone. Shouldn't the FBI put some surveillance on Martin's phone at least, after what happened previously???
One more thing, when the truck stopped at the highway, why the swat team went full on without bother to check if that wasn't a trap? I predicted that the truck would explode but for plot convenience, they didn't suspect ANYTHING?

It went completely badly written plot, which is sad because it was sort of believable till this point.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And Wendy's character is awesome to hate. She's an evil, cunning, manipulative woman who just wants to win at all costs. Don't like her but we have to agree, she's the best character on the show.
But taking advantage of her brother's "disappearance"... That was the lowest point I've seen from her so far.

hory

3 Seasons and Javi isn't mentioned. Season 4, Oh look at this guy! He's been around all this time. They're just mailing it in.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
And Wendy's character is awesome to hate. She's an evil, cunning, manipulative woman who just wants to win at all costs. Don't like her but we have to agree, she's the best character on the show.
But taking advantage of her brother's "disappearance"... That was the lowest point I've seen from her so far.
I have no idea how you made such a poor read on Wendy's character.

Manipulative, yes. Cunning? Not half as much as she believes herself to be, and that is what actually makes her a well-written character. She was dropped into a situation deep over her head and managed to claw her way out, despite making some incredibly poor decisions. This season she was emboldened because she feels invincible and brilliant given how things have turned out so far, but cracks are clearly showing and she keeps digging deeper because she, incorrectly, thinks she is the smartest person in the room. My sincere hope is she gets burned completely with the political schemes, but only after completely alienating her entire family so she is left broken and alone. I'd like it even better if she ends up in jail with the rest of her family in the wind.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Has Wendy ever actually managed to claw her way out of a situation? It's always Marty saving her after she severely overreaches.

Animosity

Wendy and Skylar from Breaking Bad should both be gunned down.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have no idea how you made such a poor read on Wendy's character.

Manipulative, yes. Cunning? Not half as much as she believes herself to be, and that is what actually makes her a well-written character. She was dropped into a situation deep over her head and managed to claw her way out, despite making some incredibly poor decisions. This season she was emboldened because she feels invincible and brilliant given how things have turned out so far, but cracks are clearly showing and she keeps digging deeper because she, incorrectly, thinks she is the smartest person in the room. My sincere hope is she gets burned completely with the political schemes, but only after completely alienating her entire family so she is left broken and alone. I'd like it even better if she ends up in jail with the rest of her family in the wind.
Yeah. Marty is the clever one.