Ozark

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This was not good. I regret watching it. grrrrrrrrrllll power!!!!! Woooooo! Fuck you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Such a diverse cast of stronk womyn.

Seriously like 75% of the cast for this last bit of the whole show is now womyn. lol.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I skipped over this a lot and closed out the series in like an hour....

Ruth ending up queen shit through a variety of coincidences and convenient lucky breaks is about right up to speed with completely contrived plots in Hollywood. lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I skipped over this a lot and closed out the series in like an hour....

Ruth ending up queen shit through a variety of coincidences and convenient lucky breaks is about right up to speed with completely contrived plots in Hollywood. lol.
Queen for a day?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean this show's plot progression has been pretty contrived and silly since the beginning. There's plenty of stuff to bitch about, but calling it some girl power show is pretty wild.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I don't get girl power, they all sucked for the most part and Ruth was a joke kind of. Wendy failed constantly and should have died

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Really? How much time was taken up by female characters in the last few episodes? And what were the roles of the few males that were shown? This show was ruined by shoehorning women into everything and then diminishing men into subservient and incompetent clowns. Every strong male role was ruined, every woman was turned into a strong female, good or bad. All of it was contrived bullshit written to show girl power. It’s trash and I regret spending my time on it.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Let's take a look at the strong females.
Ruth - Dead
Mob Lawyer - Dead
Darlene - Dead
Wendy - Wins
Javi's Mom - Wins but pays a price
Big Pharma Chick - Not strong at all, manipulated by everyone.
Chick from the Blue Cat - a junkie who fails at everything and ends the show with nothing.
Black FBI Chick - Destroys her career and will never get a promotion or be assigned anything meaningful.
White FBI Chick - Does whatever her boss says to do.

I mean there are lots of flaws, but "gurl power" wasn't one of them in my opinion. The biggest flaw was Wendy not dying a horrible painful death.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
if by this point in time you can’t tell when a show builds its story around a particular gender at the expense of quality of story and every other character, there is no helping you.

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Let's take a look at the strong females.
Ruth - Dead
Mob Lawyer - Dead
Darlene - Dead
Wendy - Wins
Javi's Mom - Wins but pays a price
Big Pharma Chick - Not strong at all, manipulated by everyone.
Chick from the Blue Cat - a junkie who fails at everything and ends the show with nothing.
Black FBI Chick - Destroys her career and will never get a promotion or be assigned anything meaningful.
White FBI Chick - Does whatever her boss says to do.

I mean there are lots of flaws, but "gurl power" wasn't one of them in my opinion. The biggest flaw was Wendy not dying a horrible painful death.

What do you think the point of the car wreck was in the last episode? They had it, then uber'ed home, and that was that. Seemed really strange.

hory

And they all walked away from it. No one even had cuts. I guess they had 300k left in netflix cash to burn so they staged a car accident.

• 1Like

Animosity

Thought the second half of season 4 was better than the first half. But the ending was pretty lackluster. A better ending than most shows do but still not great.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thought the second half of season 4 was better than the first half. But the ending was pretty lackluster. A better ending than most shows do but still not great.
I discussed this with the wife. Especially the last scene. It seems a let down, but the message of "We are rich and powerful and you cant touch us with your petty laws" has been an underlying theme throughout the show. The rich and powerful may catch a bullet in the head, but they tend to be above mere laws. In that sense I think it was a solid ending.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
if by this point in time you can’t tell when a show builds its story around a particular gender at the expense of quality of story and every other character, there is no helping you.
I am with Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes - the majority of power didn't reside with either man or woman.

If anything, Wendy was shown as stupid and lucky as hell at the same time things just rolled in their favor. Ruth was also shown to be an idiot and paid the price by not listening to Marty to begin with. Darlene was also proven to be a moron. Basically if everyone would have just listened to Marty to begin with, all the chaos at the end is avoided. It was a chain reaction of horrible decisions made by Ruth, Darlene, and Wendy which showed just how fucked up everything got as a result of their emotional tirades in every single season - acting without thinking it through, which is not what the male's did in the show.

• 5Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am with Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes - the majority of power didn't reside with either man or woman.

If anything, Wendy was shown as stupid and lucky as hell at the same time things just rolled in their favor. Ruth was also shown to be an idiot and paid the price by not listening to Marty to begin with. Darlene was also proven to be a moron. Basically if everyone would have just listened to Marty to begin with, all the chaos at the end is avoided. It was a chain reaction of horrible decisions made by Ruth, Darlene, and Wendy which showed just how fucked up everything got as a result of their emotional tirades in every single season - acting without thinking it through, which is not what the male's did in the show.
So why did no one listen to Marty? And why did he get replaced almost immediately in mexico even though we spent an entire episode on him establishing himself? And what other male character had any power whatsoever towards the end of the show? What you two seem to misunderstand is that its not about power but about representation. They replaced all roles with women and made all stories about women. Hell the screen time in last two episodes was occupied by 99% vaginas. They degraded the quality of the show to shoehorn women into every single part of it and reduced all males to incompetent and useless things that existed in the story only to drive forward female character "development". Not seeing this is mind blowing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

A show can have a female lead or female antogonist and not be "omg gurl power". The writing of the show clearly reflects that.

• 5Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So why did no one listen to Marty? And why did he get replaced almost immediately in mexico even though we spent an entire episode on him establishing himself?
Marty actually states this in a convo with Wendy. He misplayed it and didnt catch the sister making the power move. Had he caught it he could have reacted. I caught it almost instantly. Also, it was stated numerous times that he listens to Wendy even though he knows its wrong because he truly loves her, as fucked up as she is. Wendy is his vulnerability. Just lots like of men have with their women.

• 1Like