Ozark

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just watched the first episode. seems alright enough.

i cant imagine that once all his partners go missing, his lawyer takes an 80 story swan dive from a high rise where his wife was (that they can confirm with security footage), that they couldnt just find Marty in the Ozarks, pin all this on him and get him to flip on the cartel or take the fall.

was good to see all the chicago landmarks, recognized all of them, been to every single one that i recognized.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
just watched the first episode. seems alright enough.

i cant imagine that once all his partners go missing, his lawyer takes an 80 story swan dive from a high rise where his wife was (that they can confirm with security footage), that they couldnt just find Marty in the Ozarks, pin all this on him and get him to flip on the cartel or take the fall.

was good to see all the chicago landmarks, recognized all of them, been to every single one that i recognized.

Well if you check it out the FBI was already aware of Bruce and was going to use him to get to the Cartel. The trouble was the cartel got to Bruce first. They then allowed the rest of it to play out because this was still their only hook into the cartel's money.

I mean, I get that it's hard to cover up a trail of dead bodies but if the FBI is intentionally covering for it to salvage their case it makes some sense.

iannis

Musty Nester
Looks like a B tier combo of Justified, Breaking Bad, and Narcos. Hope it can be good but that cast is kinda meh. Woulda worked better as a movie I think, ironically.
Watched the first ep, and honestly this was a strong strong vibe.

This must have been written around the final season of BB and Bateman just waited a while for it to cool off.

No problem with it really, besides the meta.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Watched the first ep, and honestly this was a strong strong vibe.

This must have been written around the final season of BB and Bateman just waited a while for it to cool off.

No problem with it really, besides the meta.

Meh, I didnt get that at all. Good premise, good actors, good setting. I dont think this is anything like breaking bad and narcos, justified I never watched. And besides, anything dealing with drug/drug money can be said to be, hur, more breaking bad knockoff, durr.

I loved how quickly it put you right into the story, then gave you flashbacks later too. I wish more shows did it this way. Instead of taking 4-5 eps to set shit up.

It has some good character building too. Like im actually curious about the old dude they live with and I want to see his back story now, or the hillbilly clan with the heroin.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, its not the shows fault. But laundering drug money was a central theme of bb,and any other show that uses that premise for 15 years is going to be compared to it. If its a white guy working for the cartel. Like if anyone did a show about Baltimore gangs it will get compared to the wire.

Its unavoidable, that shadow.

The family is way the fuck less annoying than in bb though. Of course, that's a gimme. That bb family was so fucking shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The family is way the fuck less annoying than in bb though. Of course, that's a gimme. That bb family was so fucking shit.

I agree. I truly hated the family in BB, definitely worst part of the show, for sure.

I like how the wife in this show is part of it all, and how she told the kids when they moved, "here is what daddy does and why were here, deal with it and suck it up buttercups."

I like the blonde trailer trash chick too, im truly interested in what she really wants now. She wanted cash in beginning, then she wanted to kill him and take it again, now Im not sure what shes planning and it intrigues me. Then her daddy and who he is. Im sure well be seeing more of him later.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I loved the way the children were written. It took awhile for the daughter to have issues which I thought was handled well. I hate waiting to get busted with my secret storylines and this show ditched that shit right away. Everyone knew what this mother fucker was doing, they just had to catch him.

There also aren't really any good guys except for the suckers. Just about everyone is who they are with their own motivations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
im not really motivated to watch Episode 2. im gonna put this one away for now. maybe come back to it when im bored in a few weeks.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There also aren't really any good guys except for the suckers. Just about everyone is who they are with their own motivations.

Gonna have to start this tonight based on all the reviews here. My biggest gripe with many shows is that there is always at least one "pure, idealistic, pie in the sky" character that just spouts platitudes and annoys the shit out of me. I tend to really like shows that do away with that kind of thing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gonna have to start this tonight based on all the reviews here. My biggest gripe with many shows is that there is always at least one "pure, idealistic, pie in the sky" character that just spouts platitudes and annoys the shit out of me. I tend to really like shows that do away with that kind of thing.

Yeah even fbi dude is fucked up. You will enjoy it.

• 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Binged it too today, couldn't manage to not watch all the episodes one after the other. Ozark is fantastic and in my opinion has all the top tier, golden age Television perks : story is very good, writing is exceptional, acting is stellar and Jason Bateman delivers an over the top dramatic performance. I loved the "O" foreshadowing thing and for once we don't have "that" shitty character doing stupid things just to get plot development. What a blast, last time I had such a good time binging a TV show was House of Cards' first season, or Boss with Kelsey Grammar.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Finished it out. Great show really look forward to the next season. Gotta say though I got my jimmy's rustled a good bit:

I eyerolled slightly when they went on a slight anti gun crusade with the blatantly retarded dude buying guns for a kid at the redneck 'walmart'. But I fucking lost it when they tried to trick people into thinking it was a fully automatic rifle. Now if you look very close they actually do show the kid pulling the trigger for each shot as the gun gets away from him, but for anyone who wasn't aware or looking for it it was made to look like this 12 year old kid got his hands on a fully automatic rifle. Just completely ridiculous.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Finished it out. Great show really look forward to the next season. Gotta say though I got my jimmy's rustled a good bit:

I eyerolled slightly when they went on a slight anti gun crusade with the blatantly retarded dude buying guns for a kid at the redneck 'walmart'. But I fucking lost it when they tried to trick people into thinking it was a fully automatic rifle. Now if you look very close they actually do show the kid pulling the trigger for each shot as the gun gets away from him, but for anyone who wasn't aware or looking for it it was made to look like this 12 year old kid got his hands on a fully automatic rifle. Just completely ridiculous.

Yeah I noticed that too. For one how is the downs kid buying a gun in the first place?Totally not real.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Now that i live in Kansas Ozark taught me to never, ever mention the "R" word

Redneck
Yeah I noticed that too. For one how is the downs kid buying a gun in the first place?Totally not real.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty good show. Binged it pretty hard.

I expected it to be one and done show was part of the reason I was going so hard.

The characters are really well written for a show with a familiar plot. I loved that Bateman was assertive and fairly ruthless right off the bat. He was never really scared until he had pissed off heroin and mexicans. Even when he gets hit by the truck on the bike he's like 'get the fuck off me!' which is a nice change from the business white dude pussy who has to wait 2 seasons to grow a pair.

he knew he was mixed up with the wrong people for a while, but his desperation felt genuine when it was like 'do this or die' and that's one of the best parts of the show to me. my girlfriend leaned over and asked 'why is he being so honest with that person about what's going on right now' and I answered that it's because he doesn't have any lies up his sleeve and is genuinely desperate.

The end of the last episode really surprised me. Dude cannot catch one damn break though

very happy not to see an infant murdered as well

im not really motivated to watch Episode 2. im gonna put this one away for now. maybe come back to it when im bored in a few weeks.
Keep us updated

• 1Worf

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I loved the master plan to kidnapp and Kill Marty. Just the way they showed them buying the kidnappers starter kit in the store to the way they died. It was just so fitting of their characters and showed why they never amounted to anything.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Now that i live in Kansas Ozark taught me to never, ever mention the "R" word

Redneck

LOL that dude is far from downs. He just looks fucked up. Probably some growth disorder. Does he seem like hes crazy or retard to you? Downs is like a child, bro.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL that dude is far from downs. He just looks fucked up. Probably some growth disorder. Does he seem like hes crazy or retard to you? Downs is like a child, bro.
he's like the only coherent guy when you search for downs and guns in youtube tho!