Ozark

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Marty actually states this in a convo with Wendy. He misplayed it and didnt catch the sister making the power move. Had he caught it he could have reacted. I caught it almost instantly. Also, it was stated numerous times that he listens to Wendy even though he knows its wrong because he truly loves her, as fucked up as she is. Wendy is his vulnerability. Just lots like of men have with their women.
Yea that was like the only point to that car crash scene. To show him actually be vulnerable and show he cares for Wendy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Hell when Ruth makes them call Javi in for the ambush her diatribe against Marty was that he is a Robot and doesn't really care about anyone. He does care, hes just SUPER rational, which comes off as cold, but he is proven to be right over and over while super emotional women fuck up constantly

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
A show can have a female lead or female antogonist and not be "omg gurl power". The writing of the show clearly reflects that.
It's not the longstanding characters he's talking about. It's the plethora of random powerful womyn shoehorned into the series at the 11th hour.

Like the judge with just the power to clean Ruth's record, the random former junkie waitress who had just the right idea about inheritance, the estate lawyer, Navarro's sister, the corporate power broker, blah blah blah. Navarro's sister wasn't an antagonist until the final like 2 episodes.

That is what he's talking about.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Well thats the end of an excellent show. Even though the end was fairly unsatisfying at least the show ended unlike most others that just peter out or get cancelled.

They must have written Wendy to be unlikable on purpose, she constantly fucked up every single thing she touched to the point I actually felt angry every time she was on screen. It was only through an absolute tornado of miraculous luck that she came out on top, but as someone said, it felt like the overall theme was that power and money almost always wins.

I was ready for redneck princess to win since she was one of the most likeable characters even though she made a few stupid decisions here and there but it was not to be!

Also how terribly predictable that the clown brigade is here clowning about their pet peeve SJW angle of the week.

• 7Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well thats the end of an excellent show. Even though the end was fairly unsatisfying at least the show ended unlike most others that just peter out or get cancelled.

They must have written Wendy to be unlikable on purpose, she constantly fucked up every single thing she touched to the point I actually felt angry every time she was on screen. It was only through an absolute tornado of miraculous luck that she came out on top, but as someone said, it felt like the overall theme was that power and money almost always wins.

I was ready for redneck princess to win since she was one of the most likeable characters even though she made a few stupid decisions here and there but it was not to be!

Also how terribly predictable that the clown brigade is here clowning about their pet peeve SJW angle of the week.
One thing I liked was watching the progression of the two kids. The daughter strikes me as someone who ends up a trophy wife while Jonah seems to have gotten his dad's brains and mom's ruthlessness.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished minutes ago and wow....the last season is horrendous.
If had to write everything I think is wrong with it, I would spend half day just think about it, let alone write.
But I'll say the worst of all... Reinstate a leader of a drug cartel .
Like, how do they think these organizations operate? If for any miracle, the USA decided to free El Chapo, he would never had the chance to be on top again. The organization would not stop or cease because of him, they have to keep the operation going or they will be destroyed by a rival cartel, other leaders would take his absence to rise to power and not give up by any chance.
And even if he wanted, there would be a war between factions and that cartel would crumble shortly afterwards.
It's so stupid that I can't believe they thought this made sense on a tv show.

This show was like 8/10 or even 9/10 till the end of the 3rd season. It ended with 5/10. What a fucking waste.

And this was not gurrlll power, was lazy writing power.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Finished minutes ago and wow....the last season is horrendous.
If had to write everything I think is wrong with it, I would spend half day just think about it, let alone write.
But I'll say the worst of all... Reinstate a leader of a drug cartel .
Like, how do they think these organizations operate? If for any miracle, the USA decided to free El Chapo, he would never had the chance to be on top again. The organization would not stop or cease because of him, they have to keep the operation going or they will be destroyed by a rival cartel, other leaders would take his absence to rise to power and not give up by any chance.
And even if he wanted, there would be a war between factions and that cartel would crumble shortly afterwards.
It's so stupid that I can't believe they thought this made sense on a tv show.

This show was like 8/10 or even 9/10 till the end of the 3rd season. It ended with 5/10. What a fucking waste.

And this was not gurrlll power, was lazy writing power.
I need to go back and look. I haven't finished part 2 of season 4 yet.. but I had already noted how trash part 1 of s4 was. I don't think I liked s3 much either though.

hrm. looking at the episode list... its really just the FBI stuff that falls flat in my mind. Ben, the kids, ruth, all seem ok. Navarro being in love with Wendy. I suppose that was retarded.

I suppose s3 had a few cracks, but yeah, it really is just s4 that falls completely on its face.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What I came away with is a very nihilistic message. The bad guy always wins and no good deed goes unpunished. Wendy is the villain of the show and she destroys everything around her including her family. Anyone that is "good" is dead at the end. I think Ruth is the embodiment of "good" in the show. She does bad things, but it's always justified. Marty is constantly telling her that she's a "good person" and even the judge that clears her record comments that all the things she got arrested for either her father or uncles were involved. They set up for the "happily ever after" story for her and then blew it to smithereens. The private investigator has a crisis of conscience and does the right thing and immediately dies for it. They set up for Wendy to go down in flames like Walter White but she wriggles out of it. The only "bad person" that gets their comeuppance is Wendy's father so maybe they're leaving some chance that karma will come for Wendy eventually, but the main message of the show seems to be "nice guys finish last". The whole ending seems to be a repudiation of the typical story of the good people eventually prevailing.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What I came away with is a very nihilistic message. The bad guy always wins and no good deed goes unpunished. Wendy is the villain of the show and she destroys everything around her including her family. Anyone that is "good" is dead at the end. I think Ruth is the embodiment of "good" in the show. She does bad things, but it's always justified. Marty is constantly telling her that she's a "good person" and even the judge that clears her record comments that all the things she got arrested for either her father or uncles were involved. They set up for the "happily ever after" story for her and then blew it to smithereens. The private investigator has a crisis of conscience and does the right thing and immediately dies for it. They set up for Wendy to go down in flames like Walter White but she wriggles out of it. The only "bad person" that gets their comeuppance is Wendy's father so maybe they're leaving some chance that karma will come for Wendy eventually, but the main message of the show seems to be "nice guys finish last". The whole ending seems to be a repudiation of the typical story of the good people eventually prevailing.
Pretty solid analysis.

The dorky guy who indirectly causes his mom to end up hit by a truck probably has the best ending. At the end of the day, this fucked up dude finds God and is generally happy heading off into the sunset. It doesnt matter what one feels about the church thing, the character is happy.

I think Wyatt has the most fucked up story line (excluding Wendy's poor brother of course). He is generally a nice decent person at heart throughout the story and just gets a collateral damage bullet to the head.

• 1Like

Caliane

the preacher too, in that list.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Agreed. That crash makes no sense for the story.

The craziest part about showing the crash on episode 1 of the season was that every single scene that went by before the crash was anti-climactic since you knew all the Byrds were happy and healthy up to that point.

Whoever was involved in showing it early should never work in entertainment again. It is probably the single most egregious scene that Netflix has produced in a show that wasn't doomed to fail from the start.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's not the longstanding characters he's talking about. It's the plethora of random powerful womyn shoehorned into the series at the 11th hour.

Like the judge with just the power to clean Ruth's record, the random former junkie waitress who had just the right idea about inheritance, the estate lawyer, Navarro's sister, the corporate power broker, blah blah blah. Navarro's sister wasn't an antagonist until the final like 2 episodes.

That is what he's talking about.

That's a really retarded take.

If you're reaching so hard you have to use a judge doing what literally any judge could do, the "junkie waitress" having 1 idea that was dumb as shit, and a lawyer who literally just told them the law as prime examples of girl power, then you should realize how idiotic you sound.

The only powerful woman that didn't go full retard was Camille, and even she got played by the Byrds and was ultimately one of their pawns.

If anything, the powerful girl characters got exposed as idiots

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Finally finished the series, I was hoping Camilla would end up getting reverse-crossed. Shit my pants when Shaw told Camilla who killed Javvie lol. Yikes.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Hell when Ruth makes them call Javi in for the ambush her diatribe against Marty was that he is a Robot and doesn't really care about anyone. He does care, hes just SUPER rational, which comes off as cold, but he is proven to be right over and over while super emotional women fuck up constantly

:) Yes.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt so insulted during the first part of season 4 I didn't even bother giving a single fuck about watching the second part. Should I give it a go? Of course not because it's obviously still God awful and written by idiots that shouldn't even qualify writing names on Starbucks lattes, I'd rather run a marathon with a cluster migraine than finishing this once good, now plane crash of a TV show. Also the showrunners belong in a zoo, since they're becoming so good at throwing shit at people let them sit with the chimps.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I loved this show. And I regret watching the last half of this season.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I watched the first episode of the second half and I just hated everyone. Do they think viewers are happy, that these god awful people walk away from all of this. They should have killed everyone except Wendy or Marty and make either of them regret everything.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They did so much shit, brought so much pain to everyone they met, they should have lost in the end.
But no....lol

After watching this show, I remembered reading that Denzel Washington wanted Alonzo to die at the end, because he was such a despicable character.
And here they won, with no consequences. What a shit show.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They should have killed everyone except Wendy
No GIF