Packages and the delivery of them/stolen etc

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The best vehicle theft deterrent is a manual transmission. No one who is stealing cars knows how to drive one.

I had a Three on the Tree beater work truck forever that I would leave the keys in, 'If you can drive it you can have it'. I dont think anyone under the age of 60 could find reverse.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I had a Three on the Tree beater work truck forever that I would leave the keys in, 'If you can drive it you can have it'. I dont think anyone under the age of 60 could find reverse.

I learned to drive in an old Lada three on the tree. What a piece of shit that was!

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The best vehicle theft deterrent is a manual transmission. No one who is stealing cars knows how to drive one.

Probably true. Imagine a 4wd manual with the transfer case in neutral. OMG it's broke. Could probably just leave the keys in it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Probably true. Imagine a 4wd manual with the transfer case in neutral. OMG it's broke. Could probably just leave the keys in it.

I had an old 50s Willys Jeep with 3 sticks. 3-speed, 2-4WD, Hi-Lo. Imagine some kid trying to figure that shit out now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

My niece is getting ready to get her license soon. We want to teach her manual transmission, but she tries to argue that if an emergency happened, her friends wouldn't know how to drive. I countered that if there is an emergency and all there is is a manual transmission car, then I guess you're all in trouble then lol

Although I don't want her to practice in my car...rip your gears when noobs try to learn lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
All my driving kids know manual transmission. They drive it regularly. Sucks to teach them, but I think it's a good thing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
plw57utbuo521.png

That reminds me, i used to get "delivery confirmed" from amazon at like 5am, for last nights package, after the 2nd time i called them and yelled at them, that this was stupid to notify me 12 hours later, waking me up, never again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users