Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well shit, I just logged on to my home server game after setting it up yesterday, and apparently everything just keeps running whether anyone is on the server or not. Most of my guys are at 1 sanity stuck in various walls and obstacles near my base, and my chests have thousands of pounds of wool and berries in them. I'm guessing I haven't had any raids because everything seems intact, so that's either a thing that doesn't happen when people aren't logged in, or just borked on dedicated servers I guess?

Either way.. might just start over with local multiplayer I guess, as it seems like the base running 24 hours a day is going to absolutely trivialize any need for resource gathering.

I'm on a dedicated server, raids happen there as well.

And yeah, put your Pals away when you log off. Or, butcher the ones that are now useless and then replace them. Either way, lol.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I dislike pokemon, survival and find basebuilding mid.

Been playing this non stop. It's cute and jank. I hope they don't take the money and run, but even if they do I imagine this will spawn some copy cats quickly.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like it! Helps with eggs hatching.

I will be honest. For this I set my game to just have instant egg hatching. All I do is put it in and then incubate right away. No waiting for 40 minutes sometimes. I had so many eggs,

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Base egg ratch rate is a joke, most of the larger eggs are 48+ hour hatch times lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm on a dedicated server, raids happen there as well.

And yeah, put your Pals away when you log off. Or, butcher the ones that are now useless and then replace them. Either way, lol.
It's funny as hell to me that it blurs butchering out. The whole game is hilarious because it's just sincere enough.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Have you farmed a ton of those green statues and used them at the altar to improve your catch rate?
Yeah I'm at capture rate 7 of the statue of power. It is entirely possible its in our custom ini settings fucking everything else. For instance huge eggs take 24-48 hours to incubate for us.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting, went to the island to the SW of starter one and its just another low level island. Free boss kills at least.

Just had this attack :
Palworld-Win64-Shipping_OA6Y5lgoKU.png

Which brought these:
nC1GNZ3mCh.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
Amazing game. It's like Ark + WoW + Pokemon that doesn't take itself seriously.

Loving playing with my wife and son. Managing the slaves and building the supply chain is great, so is exploration.

Caliane

looks like wood stacks to 4500. not sure if thats the same limit for everything else.

Edit:stacking past that now. not sure why it stopped previously.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
this is the way, or something

View attachment 510584

So basically, since they had no preconceived notions about how the SDLC process is "supposed" to work (aka none of them knew anything about it at all), all of their time was spent developing the actual game, instead of scheduling meetings to fight about how long their sprints should be and how to tag their features/work items in AzDo.

• 13Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 14 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The huge ones were like 2hrs are there even bigger?

I wonder if the guy who set up our server cocked something up then lol

Huge eggs are base 72 hours here, it's fucking cancerous bullshit

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wonder if the guy who set up our server cocked something up then lol

Huge eggs are base 72 hours here, it's fucking cancerous bullshit
We've got the same thing. We're on a custom hard server and .ini was tweaked and the owner went MIA for 2 days.

It's funny that it actually gets harder the more people you have because you don't get any bonuses. The ingot grind is much worse when everyone is trying to capture 10 of each Pal. Everyone's CONSTANTLY repairing their armor because of the asshole durability system (each hit taken is 7-10% of total durability for us). It's brutal. Having people unlock specific stuff in tech tree isn't even a bonus because everyone gets more than enough tech points to get whatever they want. Ancient civ parts AREN'T shared even if you kill the boss together. It's fucking rough. All that and the fact we've got 50% yield and that 50% turns into more like 15% yield when you've got 4+ people all sharing the same resources. The bottleneck isn't even farming the shit, it's forging it.

I know I'm complaining a lot, but I think it's mostly because we made it hard+++. I bet a multiplayer on normal would be a breeze and much more enjoyable. I'm amazed at a lot of QoL this game has that would take other games MONTHS to add in after players demanded it. Shit like:

Individual Pal Bench Per Player
Pal's auto picking/sorting shit off the ground (You can literally dump shit from your inventory on the ground and they'll autosort it into the correct boxes)
Feed bags
Pal's MOSTLY fixing themselves with sanity/food. Bugged out terrain causes 90% of our problems. Not being able to deliver medicine without equipping them is a bit annoying.

Overall I think I've run into several times when I went "Oh, they already did that. Awesome." There's obviously a few times where I thought "this game really should do this instead", but not like most of it's soul-crushing like some games QoL issues.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All my problems with pal AI fucking up and starving/getting hurt ended when I stopped using bases with varying terrain levels. The flatter the plane the better, cause they will ALL fall in whatever holes/cliffs are available and just get every ailment there is while you're offline.

Really, really needs a priority system for pal tasks though. I've run out of stones multiple times now because the only way to get pals to mine the natural ore around your base is to not have a stone quarry even built, cause the moment you build the quarry they will all just live at 24/7 and ignore all the ore spawns etc.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Gamepass updated to the newer version and this fixed my crashing issue on launch. I also learned to not wander around dangerous areas with a Pal that has an attitude problem as it will pick fights with things that wreck you

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user