Pantheon and FoH

Siliconemelons

Eh, it's not shrilling - I think it's just stepping up the direction of the forum - to be a "source" and place for more "direct and real" communication and info from devs etc.

We complain about SJW gamergate game review sites- so - let's tale steps to be a place and community that people go to for info.

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Eh, it's not shrilling - I think it's just stepping up the direction of the forum - to be a "source" and place for more "direct and real" communication and info from devs etc.

We complain about SJW gamergate game review sites- so - let's tale steps to be a place and community that people go to for info.

This is already the place to go for real information with minimal shilling bullshit. Everyone that has been in the mmo community for long enough knows that.

As long as that doesn't change, who cares what games the forum has relationships with? Better chance of civil discourse than trying to shit post here like the rest of us

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Is FoH going to be popular now and be infested with reddit shitkids?

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Patheon is going to flop, but since I've been reading this site on and off for over a decade and half I shall contribute some funds that would have fed a twitch streamer some ramen for the month instead.

• 2Like

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
who could have imagined how far that $1 donation to the Pantheon KS would take you a_skeleton_03!

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded and listened to the podcast. I enjoyed it. Well done a_skeleton_03.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I think I'd rather burn my money than hand it to these fools.

b0gbq.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Then don't.. Nobody is forcing you. I'm hoping they make a great game.. If they do, I'll play it! The MMO space needs good games.

• 7Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lots of Brad derangement syndrome here, careful lol

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Then don't.. Nobody is forcing you. I'm hoping they make a great game.. If they do, I'll play it! The MMO space needs good games.

You always bring down the troll vibes. This is a thread about fans of fuzzy trolls. The serious discussion is in the politics thread.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Listened, good interview.
I always pronounced a_skeleton_03 as Soooneg not Sweeneg.

a_skeleton_03 probably misspoke but Tigole was not in Afterlife.
(It's like the 3rd time I've seen someone say that in the past week)

Also seems like the interviewer didn't really understand this community... kept asking "guild" questions.. I think toward the end he started to draw the distinction between a guild & community.

When Pantheon is out I would imagine this community would be in many Pantheon guilds... and we don't all like each other or get along or want to play with each other. That's the entire point, we're born from EQ drama and have been at each others throats for 15+ years now.

Most of the interview seemed to focus on the history of this community and less about Pantheon and/or the future of this community.

I was waiting to hear a few questions on Pantheon:
Opening day predictions (will this community dive in full force or not?)
Game design critiques?
Thoughts on the $1k pre-alpha access
etc etc...

Also a great distinction I feel is missed when describing this community is how we organize. The moderator discussion was interesting, but also the mega-thread system this forum has adopted to keep everything as 1 very long conversation, imo, separates this from being a "forum" and more of a tight-knit family, even with 8k users. The conversations continue whether you leave the room or not, and it's up to you to "catch up". But it always feels "tight knit", no matter the thread.

Whereas every other forum/social media space divides things up into smaller pieces, and content is much more forgettable that way.

Anyway, 1hr long, wasn't expecting that, good job overall.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users