Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

kudos

<Banned>
It's very simple. I hate blind optimism. Even in my daily life, when I see someone with blind optimism it pisses me off. It's not realistic and clouds judgement.

I lost hope the second I watched the KS trailer and noticed that nobody actually making this game had a personal thought the entire time. You can see their eyes reading a script behind the camera with talking points.

"EQ FACT #1
EQ FACT #2
EQ FACT #3
MENTION HARDCORE RAIDING
MENTION NO EASY DEATH PENALTY
EQ FACT #4"

Come on the pandering is so obvious that the 2 or so of you people still on the bandwagon just make me shake my head.

If they would have had a legit interview with these guys and made me believe they actually played the damn game they want to remake - I wouldn't be so damn harsh.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You say blind optimism and I've said lets give them 3 months.. now that they have a little money behind them. If that's blind optimism, I guess I'm guilty... I'm hopeful that will give the the time and resources to prove they are capable.. Right now they arnt proving that to me. They have 2 months left..

Anyone following along on thier site knows I've been pretty critcal about the overall process. Not that I need to explain myself to some delusional fuck like yourself.

kudos

<Banned>
Looks like someone is finally breaking down and getting angry.

How long do you think $153,130 is going to keep an entire development team going for? Really?

Let us be serious for a second. These fuckers are only holding out for the off chance some other job comes their way and then it's, "Sorry Brad, I got this new project and they will actually pay me a living wage and not in pizza parties at your garage once a month".

I'm the delusional one now? Really? You're probably paying $15/month for some shit forum access and a project that NOBODY ELSE BUT THE MOST RETARDED MOUTH BREATHERS actually thinks will ever come to fruition.

Habakkuk_sl

shitlord

How long do you think $153,130 is going to keep an entire development team going for? Really?

Let us be serious for a second. These fuckers are only holding out for the off chance some other job comes their way and then it's, "Sorry Brad, I got this new project and they will actually pay me a living wage and not in pizza parties at your garage once a month".
We are talking unity here though. How much does it really cost to develop a game using unity in your spare time. A lot less than doing everything from scratch. I mean look at what Vu was able to do over a weekend with the sunken sanctum.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm the delusional one now? Really? You're probably paying $15/month for some shit forum access and a project that NOBODY ELSE BUT THE MOST RETARDED MOUTH BREATHERS actually thinks will ever come to fruition.
you're so predictable. give a rest dude. When I bite back, you get upset and threaten to block/report me. You just have no idea what you're talking about and enough people have showed up here and told you as much.

Habakkuk_sl

shitlord

If you believe the game will never happen and not worth your time or investment why are you still here participating in this thread? Is it that you want to smother any chance it may have to succeed by trying to dissuade those who believe in it?

kudos

<Banned>
If you believe the game will never happen and not worth your time or investment why are you still here participating in this thread? Is it that you want to smother any chance it may have to succeed by trying to dissuade those who believe in it?
No. It's at this point just to reply to what Convo says. It's basically a circle of shit throwing back and forth because... well because what else is there to do in this thread? They have almost nothing to show anyways.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No. It's at this point just to reply to what Convo says. It's basically a circle of shit throwing back and forth because... well because what else is there to do in this thread? They have almost nothing to show anyways.
So you finally admit you're sexually attracted to me...

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Followers optimism?
ClockworkOrangeGIF2.gif.CROP_.original-original.gif

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's very simple. I hate blind optimism. Even in my daily life, when I see someone with blind optimism it pisses me off. It's not realistic and clouds judgement.

I lost hope the second I watched the KS trailer and noticed that nobody actually making this game had a personal thought the entire time. You can see their eyes reading a script behind the camera with talking points.

"EQ FACT #1
EQ FACT #2
EQ FACT #3
MENTION HARDCORE RAIDING
MENTION NO EASY DEATH PENALTY
EQ FACT #4"

Come on the pandering is so obvious that the 2 or so of you people still on the bandwagon just make me shake my head.

If they would have had a legit interview with these guys and made me believe they actually played the damn game they want to remake - I wouldn't be so damn harsh.
Lol you must be a real treat to be around

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Myself, some rerolled brothers and others have been pretty hard on them the last few days. just got a general update on what's going on. I hated that I had to even ask, and I'm glad a lot of people jumped in and echoed my thoughts and added to them as well. Here is a response from Ben.

Thanks for the suggestions, gang. Perhaps we can start including this as a quick intro to the weekly roundtables--at least a general overview to let you know who's been doing what from week to week. We obviously won't have new assets to show every week, but we should be able to relay a quick sitrep easily enough.

To get you caught up for this week, as a general overview:

- Vhalen's been cranking on the lore with the map, and spotlighted today, the calendar of Terminus. He's also been working on creatures, as spotlighted last week with the goblin creature feature.

- Ceythos is currently working on designing acclimatization and travel

- Silius is overseeing the dev team and putting in some work on the systems designs

- Mac is working on various art assets, most recently the goblin, map and calendar

- Vu is still working on Sunken Sanctum and the Wastes, I believe.

- James is putting together style guides to direct the art team

- Frank has been working on the goblin and other creature models

- Ikikgud is cranking on the databases and infrastructure to glue it all together.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Really? 7 days in a week, 12 months in a year, 4 seasons, all of them renamed but basically copy paste of the current day calendar. I wonder if they will implement Leap years and "Loreraes" will have 29 days every four years... SMH. OH and the best part. They didnt even try with the horoscopes. The astrology signs are exactly the same as we have in the real world. Wow.... hope they weren't up too late working on this.

Don't get me wrong. I can see having 4 seasons. But hell, originally the calendar was only 10 months long until Julius and Augustus Ceasar decided they wanted to add a couple months. And they could have come up with completely unique Astrology signs as this is a completly different world! /facepalm

I was hopeful and optimistic about this, but as more and more time goes on, it really shows they aren't trying.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Myself, some rerolled brothers and others have been pretty hard on them the last few days. just got a general update on what's going on. I hated that I had to even ask, and I'm glad a lot of people jumped in and echoed my thoughts and added to them as well. Here is a response from Ben.

Thanks for the suggestions, gang. Perhaps we can start including this as a quick intro to the weekly roundtables--at least a general overview to let you know who's been doing what from week to week. We obviously won't have new assets to show every week, but we should be able to relay a quick sitrep easily enough.

To get you caught up for this week, as a general overview:

- Vhalen's been cranking on the lore with the map, and spotlighted today, the calendar of Terminus. He's also been working on creatures, as spotlighted last week with the goblin creature feature.

- Ceythos is currently working on designing acclimatization and travel

- Silius is overseeing the dev team and putting in some work on the systems designs

- Mac is working on various art assets, most recently the goblin, map and calendar

- Vu is still working on Sunken Sanctum and the Wastes, I believe.

- James is putting together style guides to direct the art team

- Frank has been working on the goblin and other creature models

- Ikikgud is cranking on the databases and infrastructure to glue it all together.
Thats great but WTH is Brad doing? VG II?

Vitality

HUSTLE
This is why new people shouldn't be allowed to troll... The dirty room was the guy hosting the show, not the actual VRI team. Fucking 14ers!
I'm well aware of this fact.

Their standards are what dictated the integrity of the show as a whole, and to see that they didn't even have an eye for professionalism proves this point.

Going forward I'm sure you can tie this to a decent portion of their development methodology.

PS: Is there a reason Brad didn't make the list?