Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Ephemeros_sl

shitlord
Wryshu posted an announcement this morning on the topic

"Hey Gang,
I know the timing is bad, but this week I needed to take a few days off in order to deliver on a promise to my kids for their Spring Break. While I have been away this week, a trusted member of our VIP team was given moderation rights and was perhaps playing a little too aggressive on defense. I want you all to know that we appreciate and respect everyone here who has contributed time and money to our project. Every one of you deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and that we are very serious about maintaining a constructive and engaging website where all of our supporters can speak their mind. If we all agreed on everything Pantheon should be, or did not allow good arguments for change to surface as valid changes, then we would not be building the right game. We cherish your ideas, and they have already begun breathing more life into Pantheon. This evening we will investigate the problem and take appropriate action. If you have any questions, please contact me via[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
Thanks,
Tom"

Tol_sl

shitlord
The best thing would be a buddy film where Brad, Ben and Tom take a much needed vacation and go to Vegas, but Brad Roofies everyone and they wake up with all their kickstarter money gone, a naked asian in the trunk, and no memory of what happened the night before. It would be called, "The Hang Overthere"

At the end of the movie everything would work out great and Mike Tyson would angel-invest in Pantheon. The moral of the story would be that no matter how grim things look, if you group up with your bros and form a party that works together, you can tackle anything life throws at you.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a cluster. They are desperate for help so they recruit one of the fanboys to moderate their own forums. There's more to a game than just making it (or trying to) and they prove time and time again that they are very unprepared to manage all aspects of this. It looks bad and not just to us, but to the rest of the industry.

This Guymade over 700k in one day (of a 100k goal) on KickStarter to produce 3d terrain for tabletop gamers...

proof that by planning a smart kickstarter campaign you can make the $

read em and weep braddy
Yeah, but to be fair there are supply and demand issues involved. AFAIK the supply of dungeon tiles that cool is fairly limited? Whereas, the supply of generic fantasy PVE MMOGs far outstrips the demand apparently.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have to laugh at one of the 10,000 dollar suckers getting mod powers for a day. That must have been the most exciting 24 hours of that guy's life...and he blew it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
you're kiddin me?
No, it was just posted in this thread on the last page.

Well, I had an awesome State of the Game thread where people were just dropping really good, honest, critical feedback in. It was basically about transparency and getting everyone in the loop about where they are in the process. IThe devs jumped in and contributed too.. That's where Silius's post came from the other day. Overall it was a pretty civil thread.

That T.W. Anderson dude managed to get Mod powers b/c Tom went on a mini vacation and they still haven't found enough good mods. Well he shit posted in the thread twice, one of his post actually said if you didn't donate over 10k you have no right to question the team or ask for transparency. He eventually locked the thread b/c everyone disagreed with him. Needless to say I was pissed.. Emailed Brad and to Brad's credit he checked over the thread and another one I linked him and pulled the dudes mod powers. The team isn't looking to suppress feedback, if anything they've been pretty straight when you ask them. That was an isolated issue that had me pissed last night when I posted about the over moderation, prior to me talking to Brad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how much he pledged. He just thought unless you pledge that much, you shouldn't be asking for transparency,

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
If he's a VIP that they would give mod powers to without any kind of knowledge of how he would be as a mod, I'm guessing he gave them a lot of money.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If that's true (I hope not), then that tells you all you need to know if they are giving mod powers to someone to pledges a lot. Then again it shouldn't be surprising, considering you have to pay them a stipend of 15 a month for the privilege of posting in their 'dev forums'.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I can tell, he was just given the opportunity because he asked for it. Brad was pretty reasonable with the logic behind it. Basically, you think someone might be a good mod until they do it.

He's the guy that did all those camera vidoes from Mexico...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Do these guys have any level, perception, or reputation of professionalism left? It is so hard to look at games like ESO, AA, EQNext, or anything on the horizon and give this any serious thought. It is sad as I have always cheered for Brad and hoping deep down inside that he still makes this work. I cringe with every update though and see more and more less of what I would like to see and anything that would give me a feeling of the era that Brad excelled in.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Babysitting a bunch of fanboys is probably not as conducive to The Vision and making a game as Brad had probably assumed.
haha, it was an isolated innocent and dealt with pretty fast. For the most part, the community is reasonable.

I wish you were there tho, it would of been bliss!

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
For the most part, the community is reasonable.
That is not our experience with that community. I really doubt they all decided it was time to dial it down after the KS failed. One of the most off putting group of people I have ever seen. I do like that they are all contained into one place now though. Maybe if Brad can sucker them along for a few years it will keep them away from other games.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
haha, it was an isolated innocent and dealt with pretty fast. For the most part, the community is reasonable.
I'm speaking generally. Otherwise I would have quoted the posts about recent events and commented on them directly, instead of, you know, made a general statement.

They're having to put a lot of time, effort and money into a lot of things they wouldn't normally be wasting time, effort and money on. My guess is it's far more frustrating and counter-productive than they thought it would be. The latest spat was just one more in a long line of things they had to do that is a waste of time and resources that would be better spent building a game, not babysitting the fans and supporters of the product you've barely started producing. And, again, my guess is they never even considered the implications of the situation they seemed to put themselves in and openly embrace without consideration.