Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
From what I can tell, he was just given the opportunity because he asked for it. Brad was pretty reasonable with the logic behind it. Basically, you think someone might be a good mod until they do it.

He's the guy that did all those camera vidoes from Mexico...
I remember the guy you are talking about , and attention whore comes to mind to describe him , on the PJPantheon forums , KS , everywhere.

I don't doubt you are on track about the majority of the community isn't like him , but people like him and the old Canada chick and a couple others are the ones who stand out as the face of the community unfortunately.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember the guy you are talking about , and attention whore comes to mind to describe him , on the PJPantheon forums , KS , everywhere.

I don't doubt you are on track about the majority of the community isn't like him , but people like him and the old Canada chick and a couple others are the ones who stand out as the face of the community unfortunately.
Actually, Canada has been helping with mod stuff and has been fine. She really doesn't interfere at all. I don't follow every thread there, I'm sure shit gets out of hand. As of right now, it's just not as bad as I thought it would be.

Don't be so sensitive PSD.. :-/. My bad on the assumption.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone knew those forums were going to be sanitized the minute they made it a pay forum. They just don't have the resources to manage it despite how sanitized it is. Doesn't sound like they have the resources for a a lot of things.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
I agree with Popsicle that these guys probably had no idea how much work this web site would be. But you gotta know, once you take people's money, they are going to be somewhat more demanding, as they feel the team owes them ...something... right?
Also, from what I can see as a free member, there are decent discussions going on, mostly. But I do want to say, the Tshirt idea thread made me throw up a little in my mouth. Someone actually posted a Tshirt idea with a giant screen shot of Brad on the back. And others followed with "YES! I'D BUY THAT!" "I WANT THAT SHIRT", etc etc. Just... no. I have never wanted posting privileges so bad in my life lol

Oh and I think I read on there that some fans are helping write the lore?? Maybe this is why there is some confusion in regards to lore stuff not matching...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are members working with Tony on the lore. He calls them the lore 4. I'm really not a lore guy so I don't pay much attention to it.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The thought of members writing lore for a game they probably didn't even know about a month ago makes me laugh.
tongue.png

You know you are scrapping the barrel when you start asking for fanfic writers to start making your stories for you.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This all gives me a headache. Tell me again why they felt the need to involve the community in the development process?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This all gives me a headache. Tell me again why they felt the need to involve the community in the development process?
Because this is going to be an oldschool, difficult, group-based, community driven MMO. I mean we've all heard these people tell us that an MMO was just made with their ideas, it would be a guaranteed success. GUARANTEED! How can you pass up guaranteed success?? These people are instrumental in making the perfect MMO. Just ask them, they will tell you.

And we can finally end the debate about whether an MMO made in the oldschool, forced grouping design is actually economically feasible. I'm absolutely thrilled they are letting these people into the development process.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
They needed funding. The difference is instead of one blow-hard coming around occasionally looking for reassurance his investment was sound and everyone having to put on a show for the day, it's a horde of fanboys with nothing better to do than hit refresh all day on a website who are numerous and needy. It's like having an entire bus yelling 'are we there yet' only in this case having to turn around constantly to answer to them will probably help cause the bus to crash. Fanboys are the own worst enemy of the thing they're trying to support. If they were more rational, they'd have donated their money and asked for nothing more than eventually getting a game. Of course, that's still not at all rational, which is why rational people are no longer supporting BradCo and Pantheon.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't ruin it. The thought of someone like exmortis writing their lore is going to make me chuckle periodically through out the day.

He has to write while holding one of his toy swords too.
biggrin.png
He writes the lore on papyrus parchment using the blood of his slain enemies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I had to Google "toonie slide"! I don't think I want to toonie slide anyone involved on this project.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Because this is going to be an oldschool, difficult, group-based, community driven MMO. I mean we've all heard these people tell us that an MMO was just made with their ideas, it would be a guaranteed success. GUARANTEED! How can you pass up guaranteed success?? These people are instrumental in making the perfect MMO. Just ask them, they will tell you.

And we can finally end the debate about whether an MMO made in the oldschool, forced grouping design is actually economically feasible. I'm absolutely thrilled they are letting these people into the development process.
it is economically feasible, just not by brad and company. There's a huge difference between someone making a more old school MMO and a bunch of people working out of a garage with nothing more than ideas written on a white board.