Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Total waste of resources for what amounts to 5-10 hours of playtime, on a character that will probably see 500+ hours of /played. I'd be far more worried about 'immersion' (fucking lol btw) for those other 490 hours.

But whatever. Not like this shit is getting made anyway.
Yes perhaps this can become the default theory crafting thread heh

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Why can't that guy clean his bedroom for the video stream? wtf.
His mom comes in: "Stop playing developer now and make sure you mow the lawn and do your chores. You need to do SOMETHING to pay the rent"

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm on the side that wants different starting areas/cities for the different races. Shit gets stale quicker if you make a one-size-fits-all ride. EQ and WoW both did fine with just combining some races really early (trolls/orcs, dorfs/gnomes, wood/high elves etc). What a new game that anticipates the "empty newbie zones" issue should do is interweave it with mid+endgame content - same should be done with any city tbh. And I think no game has picked up on that simple idea since forever.

That said, the vapors are really thick in here so it's more of a theoretical discussion for future games.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so is this shit out yet?

i mean Quaid's hotwing MMO, i forget what the game in the title is actually about

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Creed,

I really like how EQN (recurring theme from me I know) is doing it so far. Everyone starts out in one area because they are re-conquering their continental homeland. There is a story based reason for it and then all races will have to rebuild their cities. They can allow varied racial experiences that can really add a lot of content later in game. Early content shouldn't be the main focus but it usually is. Hopefully, EQN has a lot of content and the players create some of their won. I love starting cities but this is a good way to circumvent it and allow lots of players early in the game to be focused together, and then later in the game they can explore and spread out. I'd love to see regional AHs and something akin to a megaserver but will try not to get ahead of the developers and their plans lol.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That actually has been changed, Zzeris. The city poll was lopsided and they've since adjusted their plans to include multiple heritage starting cities. It sounds like there will be a tutorial of sorts in conjunction with proper starting cities. I like that idea.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That actually has been changed, Zzeris. The city poll was lopsided and they've since adjusted their plans to include multiple heritage starting cities. It sounds like there will be a tutorial of sorts in conjunction with proper starting cities. I like that idea.
Thanks for the update. As long as it fits into the overall story, sounds good to me.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A: The way EQN is doing it is the best!

B: They're not doing it that way anymore.

A: Oh, well the new way they're doing it is the best!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I think Brad is green with envy with what is happening with Occulus Rift.

Successful kickstarter and then sell to Facebook for a cool 2 billion

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm on the side that wants different starting areas/cities for the different races. Shit gets stale quicker if you make a one-size-fits-all ride. EQ and WoW both did fine with just combining some races really early (trolls/orcs, dorfs/gnomes, wood/high elves etc). What a new game that anticipates the "empty newbie zones" issue should do is interweave it with mid+endgame content - same should be done with any city tbh. And I think no game has picked up on that simple idea since forever.

That said, the vapors are really thick in here so it's more of a theoretical discussion for future games.
I'd like to see a tightly interwoven game myself. But I don't think anyone is going to do that anymore. They seem to be compartmentalizing the work more than EQ/WoW did. Which makes perfect sense but it also seems to make it more difficult to interweave content ranges.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
A: The way EQN is doing it is the best!

B: They're not doing it that way anymore.

A: Oh, well the new way they're doing it is the best!
LOL. Well, this is the thread to be jealous of other's success, so have at it. EQL is doing very well so far. EQ, EQ2 have had success. Soon EQN will also be much more successful. Time to feed the hate!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Did we see our first firing already?

Gft4KwR.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's odd for sure. He was suppose to be on this full time last I was told. He even signed up to the site.

I didn't know you were a member a_skeleton_03...

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
So, with a REAL job, can we safety assume Pantheon and its team is charging $15 per month to make OTHER games?

Very interesting.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Almost all the art released related to Pantheon has been pretty mediocre. This is probably a positive for the project.