Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Fans can do that for sure, but we're talking about a professional in the industry and his wife. I am all for getting the truth out, obviously, but that's inappropriate regardless of how entertaining it might be.
This wasn't a professional project. This was personal. Friends going into a project out of a lot of things other than professional reasons, being screwed by and unprofessional fucktard in Brad. I have no problem with the wife expressing her disappointment. Just like I wouldn't have a problem with a wife expressing public displeasure in getting laid off from SOE or something. She didn't get personal, when she could have, and probably should have.

What happened to just reporting the news and not passing judgements?
wink.png

iannis

Musty Nester
So brad trotted out the cancer sympathy defense?

Makes sense that he would miss the point that completely.

Hey brad, even if your wife does have cancer, which given the state of your relationship with the truth I have every reason to disbelieve, you know what? That doesn't excuse your conniving. You've reduced your entire project to the level of a plastic bucket at the gas station with the picture of a bald child on it.

I mean seriously. Fuck this guy.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
This wasn't a professional project. This was personal. Friends going into a project out of a lot of things other than professional reasons, being screwed by and unprofessional fucktard in Brad. I have no problem with the wife expressing her disappointment. Just like I wouldn't have a problem with a wife expressing public displeasure in getting laid off from SOE or something. She didn't get personal, when she could have, and probably should have.

What happened to just reporting the news and not passing judgements?
wink.png
You shut your dirty blasphemous mouth boy!~ lol

Tide27_sl

shitlord
If his wife has cancer, then I am sympathetic to her plight. However, medical bills are probably one of the only bills that has such a lenient repayment policy on them. If you miss 3+ mortgage payments or more, your house hits foreclosure. Miss 2 or 3 car payments and you can bet a repo is right around the corner. Miss a few cancer treatment bills and it doesn't matter, treatment goes forward.

If he is somehow claiming that this $45k was an advance for any sort of cancer treatment then he is full of shit.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I don't think Brad has played the cancer card just yet, he is just letting it slip like all the talk of SOE giving a single fuck what he is doing or being a silent partner in his project. He is a master of putting little things out there and letting you all speculate and come to the best conclusion, when you should probably assume the worst. For instance multiple times he has mentioned being able to liquidate assets, but not once has he actually come and said he will do it, and would even rather take money from the project and not pay people than do it. But he still brings up how he's fortunate he can do that, while other team members can't, as he actively takes from them.

Now he wants you to be fooled by cancer talk without having to come up with the lie himself.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I don't think Brad has played the cancer card just yet, he is just letting it slip like all the talk of SOE giving a single fuck what he is doing or being a silent partner in his project. He is a master of putting little things out there and letting you all speculate and come to the best conclusion, when you should probably assume the worst. For instance multiple times he has mentioned being able to liquidate assets, but not once has he actually come and said he will do it, and would even rather take money from the project and not pay people than do it. But he still brings up how he's fortunate he can do that, while other team members can't, as he actively takes from them.

Now he wants you to be fooled by cancer talk without having to come up with the lie himself.
Very possibly so. The point is that one has to question everything he says/does at this point.

iannis

Musty Nester
It really is amazing how every time he opens his mouth he only manages to make things worse for himself.

Not that he's ever given a shit about his fans or whatever you want to call them, much less respected them, but that the man is THIS tonedeaf is amazing. How does a grown man manage to function with this worldview?

All I can think is that the one bit of truth he let slip is what he's responding to. Someone that could possibly offer him a job must have asked him, "So. Are you scamming kickstarter now, or what?"

And all of this is for the benefit of that man. We just get to watch it happen!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Holy crap. There's like 5 more pages on this thread since I last read it!

Did someone kill Brad or something?!

iannis

Musty Nester
Brad now has butt-cancer which he somehow gave to his wife. That's why he steals from the poor and gives to the rich.

He's like a modern day robin hood, if you think about it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't worry about Brad killing himself, that's solo-content, not dynamic group-beating play.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
This is the point we have reached as a community: it is far fucking more entertaining to watch a group fail then to actually play the games that are release...because they are garbage.

What I don't get is why don't they just make a coop 4-8 player RPG first? That will get IP name recognition out there, they can test the waters with game mechanics, and would take far less time/money/effort to make than an MMOG. You don't "need" an office for that. Guaranteed it could be done with people working remotely, minimal funding, and crowd-sourcing some of the art, music, sound effects.

It seems idiotic to take a team of part-timers and go directly to "we must rent and office and make an MMOG, the most expensive game genre to develop, with zero revenue stream". I don't get it ...
frown.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is the point we have reached as a community: it is far fucking more entertaining to watch a group fail then to actually play the games that are release...because they are garbage.
What if there was an MMO where you played guys making an MMO?! Wait, shit, EQ:NL.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Co-OP came up as a possible project going forward with the team. I can't say for sure but I think it was suggested prior as well.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Yup, every single fucking one of them. Absolutely and completely. This industry needs to collapse again.

kudos

<Banned>
So are we done blowing smoke up this Vhalen guys ass and saying he is good? I'm not sure where we are since I last checked in last night but I'm tired of hearing how this poor guy made out. The lore was trash and the zones they came up with were uninspiring pieces of shit.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
At this point all Brad's running is a commercial cult or a cult of personality.(Neither should be confused necessarily with a religious cult, though some overlaps exist).

Lots of points are in the link below that are listed do not all have to be checked off to denote a cult but the more that there are the more plausible that's what it can be considered. Also, there are many different cult checklists that exist by different professionals and as well their points overlap(some emphasize more on religious cult points than more general.)

Cult Education - Warning Signs

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

?Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
?No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
?No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
?Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
?There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
?Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
?There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
?Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
?The group/leader is always right.
?The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.

?Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.
?Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.
?Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".
?Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.
?Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.
?Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.
?A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.
?Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.
?Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.
?Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.