Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They havent announced any team, the list was gogojira's internet detective work. Just wait to find out before freaking out. lol

gogojira_sl

shitlord
They havent announced any team, the list was gogojira's internet detective work. Just wait to find out before freaking out. lol
This.
smile.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who is freaking out? It's an observation. Let's at least wait till the kickstarter before everyone starts sucking each others dicks.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
No slobbing going on, there's just no cause for concern based on my list. There's a lore guy, a pr guy, a freelance coder and an art guy that have actively talked about the game.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No slobbing going on, there's just no cause for concern based on my list. There's a lore guy, a pr guy, a freelance coder and an art guy that have actively talked about the game.
Problem is he said they have some early in game footage. That would at least say they have someone programming something right? This game simply means a lot to people and don't want some hack programming it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm not even going to pretend to understand how long that would take or what level of expertise would be needed, but Unity driven demos get tossed together quick and that's what everyone should be expecting. I don't know if Unity is strictly for the pitch or to give a rough idea of what to expect. I'm clueless there.

I do hope that scrapping together a video doesn't hurt the project in the end. Everyone loves to see something in motion, but some of the biggest Kickstarters didn't have anything in place for the project launch. If it's not at all representative of the final game's graphics, it might have been better just to show a screen or two.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
AFAICT, it's a lore guy, a pr guy, an art guy and two designers, one of whom (McQuaid) can code but isn't know for his coding. I don't have a problem with two designers at this point considering that the current main task will be the design document (note to Brad: A signed copy of the design document is a good high to very high-level reward) The team needs (or will soon need) a Clover/Klug type to round it out.

I'm sure we all (or at least a plurality of us) would like this team to succeed but because of the release debacle that was Vanguard (and this from someone who still played the hell out of that game despite the bugs) Brad has to earn back the player trust he lost. Which means he has to keep all his ducks in a row, at all times. I emailed gogojira that one of his questions should be about the team makeup.

/derail
I didn't email, but should have, that in addition to the team makeup - given the low money nature of this project, Brad should be working on ways to for the playerbase to help him make the game. Along the lines of SOE's player studio or Neverwinter's Foundry - but more streamlined and designed to be part of the actual game, not an add on too it. Truth be told, there aren't a lot of people who have the time, energy and ability to make professional level item art or level designs, but NewCo/Brad don't need a lot of people - just enough zero cost labor so that at release the game has sufficient content. Now how could Brad pay these folks since he won't have a lot of money? Perhaps something like the in-game Kronos token that SOE introduced - I'm not an employment attorney, but I do think that since they're independent contractors he might be able to pay via bonuses contingent on the game's success, whatever, point being, Brad needs to assume at all times that he will never have enough money to do what he wants, so he needs to learn to beg and borrow (no stealing).

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ben de la Durantaye-- I actually know this guy. Was an officer with me for a while and played on fippy darkpaw. That's great he is working on this project, big step up for him.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That's great he is working on this project, big step up for him.
So, reading way too far into everything, I'm going to assume this means he's possible not qualified or in over his head?

OH NO GUYS THE GAME MIGHT FAIL!!!!

Tsk, tsk, see, this is why..... -insert long-winded post about how I know how to make a game better and give personal warnings to Brad about what he absolutely must do or he'll surely fail because I'm psychic and a genius and know everything about games and game design because I played Vanguard despite the bugs-

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Anyway, regardless of popsicledeath's full throated support for Brad. The motto needs to be "trust but verify" anything to do with his new MMO. When you let someone out of prison for fraud you don't turn around and immediately entrust him with the keys to your safe deposit box -_-

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
For more content that doesnt take too much work just need an intern to throw together smaller dungeons inspired by some old games nobody will recognize, like Eye of the Beholder. Also put a good amount of caves/Crypts into the world. EQ was mostly big dungeon or outdoors, I'm thinking a few crypts here and there that support only up to a group or two at best are easy to do and are a better option then a waiting list in the main xp spot.