Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad has been reading the site. I mentioned it yesterday. Couple of the people wanted me to talk to him but I didn't see the purpose, so I declined. I'm glad I did after the conversation I had with nirtixx. She would have killed any progress. She's just ignoring reality and casting blame in every direction but the right one. Brad, fire nirtixx.. She's insane and when dubious people like myself show up and ask questions, she shoots it down as trolling and ulterior motives.. She trashed me, the devs and anyone who isn't on your side.. So basically 6 people were spared. She's going to run people out of this project almost as fast as you have with yor actions. You know, the stuff that wasn't your fault..

I debated if I wanted to post about this but I just assume she was trashing me to anyone who would listen so fuck it!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
i would seriously like to know exactly how involved brad actually was with everquest, as far as getting his hands dirty and putting in work and not just coming with with "ideas." i'd honestly love to see someone break it down with everyone who was involved in that project and see how much work brad actually did to make that game come to fruition compared to what the others did. the more i see what happened with vanguard and with pantheon, the less i believe he was anything more than just an "idea guy."
Well, Brad basically had the "idea" to port Sojourn into a 3D world. That's pretty much the extent of his "creativity" and "work". Smedley already had funding secured for a 3D "MUD-like" game, largely due to the release of Meridian 59, so he just needed a team to build it. Brad and Steve Clover got his attention thanks to their work on Warwizard(never heard of it? Nobody else has either). They handled most of the design, but it could be argued how much "design" EQactuallyinvolved. As has been shown repeatedly, EQ was mostly just a 3D version of Sojourn/ToriMUD. Bill Trost created all of the lore and major characters, Zatkin implemented the spell/combat system, and Milo Cooper did the character modelling. So, Brad was really a very small piece of the overall puzzle - one that would've been able to be pieced together without him.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
So this is entertaining and all, but I am curious... what is the end-goal here? People are "getting the truth out" about what happened with the money and warning others not to get involved.
And then you have people talking about reporting Brad to the IRS or maybe having him sued for not delivering...
Do people really want him to just disappear and never again be associated with gaming or games? Go to prison? Or just drop Pantheon? Try again later?
Just for curiosity sake, how do you (anyone who feels like responding) hope this ends for Brad?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shit man. Your e-rep is on the line.
more like not sweating what a crazy person is saying..At this point, I just dont care enough about all this.

Tragedy-I've said what I had to say. Brad can do what he wants. Just be honest about everything and nobody will show up to your doorstep. When he was being dishonest or not saying anything about what happen, he opened himself up to all this.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do people really want him to just disappear and never again be associated with gaming or games?
Pretty much this.

Prison? Only if he's done something illegal. Which, by all accounts, seemingly nothing he's done is illegal, it's just completely unethical. Now, if people paidanyattention whatsoever, they would have realized the type of ethics and morals Brad possesses after the Vanguard debacle.

imijj_sl

shitlord
So this is entertaining and all, but I am curious... what is the end-goal here? People are "getting the truth out" about what happened with the money and warning others not to get involved.
And then you have people talking about reporting Brad to the IRS or maybe having him sued for not delivering...
Do people really want him to just disappear and never again be associated with gaming or games? Go to prison? Or just drop Pantheon? Try again later?
Just for curiosity sake, how do you (anyone who feels like responding) hope this ends for Brad?
I don't really care what happens to Brad. I just want people to know this is a scam so he doesn't get anymore money. I don't think there is any legal response that is worth pursuing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I still don't think this is a scam, but he sure is doing his best to make it look that way to people

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
my guess is Brad will be posting here soon.
3pnPjAf.gif

imijj_sl

shitlord
I still don't think this is a scam, but he sure is doing his best to make it look that way to people
I don't necessarily think it's a scam in the sense that he intended for it to go down like it did, but the fact that he took money from the thing to pay his bills and is now asking for more money for a project that is obviously vaporware makes me feel justified in labeling it as such.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Brad has been reading the site. I mentioned it yesterday. Couple of the people wanted me to talk to him but I didn't see the purpose, so I declined. I'm glad I did after the conversation I had with nirtixx. She would have killed any progress. She's just ignoring reality and casting blame in every direction but the right one. Brad, fire nirtixx.. She's insane and when dubious people like myself show up and ask questions, she shoots it down as trolling and ulterior motives.. She trashed me, the devs and anyone who isn't on your side.. So basically 6 people were spared. She's going to run people out of this project almost as fast as you have with yor actions. You know, the stuff that wasn't your fault..

I debated if I wanted to post about this but I just assume she was trashing me to anyone who would listen so fuck it!
A couple of things here. That Nirtix sound like she is acting exactly how Brad would want, or even how he himself acts. No negative remarks, censor stuff he doesn't like etc.

Secondly, don't talk to him like this is still a real project, you're only going to encourage him. This thing has been a failure since his first tweets about it, it's now reached epic failure on so many different levels.

That's all I've got...looking forward to brads incoming wall of delusional text and the entertainment it will bring.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't think it's a scam. I think it's a case study for the worst decisions you could possibly make in a crowdfunded project.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't believe Brad started this to scam people. I'm with the terrible decision making team.

imijj_sl

shitlord
I don't think it's a scam. I think it's a case study for the worst decisions you could possibly make in a crowdfunded project.
I just think it's a little worse than that. I think he needed money and used this project as a way to pay some bills without having to sell some of his shit/change his lifestyle. Granted, I think he figured it wouldn't make a difference because that trust fund dude would come through, but if taking that "advance" was part of the original plan I don't think it's that inappropriate to call it a scam.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Secondly, don't talk to him like this is still a real project, you're only going to encourage him.
This is the end of Brad McQuaid. He was lucky enough to get a second chance (some might even say third) but he squandered it in epic fashion. He is irrelevant and a cancer to this industry as a whole. What should happen is for him to shut down Panthenon, apologize to everyone, give back whatever funds remain, get a real job, and never post again.

But he won't, and we will reap the riches of that decision in the form of internet gold that will be shared for generations.
smile.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
#3 Gaming Subreddit. This could turn it around for Pantheon.
g1jwHSs.png

PS: the #1 spot Fallout picture is hilarious and deserves to be there forever.

I agree. I think when that trust fund dude sent him that fat wad of cash and said a even fatter wad of cash was coming he thought he could take himself a nice advance and take care of everything else when the motherload came in until Mr. Trust fund manager stepped in and pissed on Brads golden goose. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Brad got that news lol.