Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
More views than Ktam with one name drop from me. In all seriousness tho, this guy is pretty good with Unity. All props to him.

imijj_sl

shitlord
Brad is probably going to start a trend with this shit. First it was rich developers begging for money from people working at McDonalds to make MMO's. Next it's going to be rich developers asking people to make their games for them for free. He's a pioneer.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
"Fortunately, as human beings we learn from our past experiences"

...yes yes we do! For an example of this in action, throw up another Kickstarted campaign, and note you'll get much less $$$ this time
wink.png

Brad is probably going to start a trend with this shit. First it was rich developers begging for money from people working at McDonalds to make MMO's. Next it's going to be rich developers asking people to make their games for them for free. He's a pioneer.
Isn't she paying Brad for the privilege of making his game for him? (I assume she's donated to the website.)

imijj_sl

shitlord
Isn't she paying Brad for the privilege of making his game for him? (I assume she's donated to the website.)
I don't think she's doing any developing, but I'm not really in the loop with regard to that stuff. I'm talking about this poor sucker who Brad found to "volunteer."

That said, I get it. I mean if you have nothing else to do and are trying to get into the industry it's worth a shot. Still slimey as fuck, though.

I don't think she's doing any developing, but I'm not really in the loop with regard to that stuff. I'm talking about this poor sucker who Brad found to "volunteer."

That said, I get it. I mean if you have nothing else to do and are trying to get into the industry it's worth a shot. Still slimey as fuck, though.
Ah, OK ... I didn't check the Twitch stream. I just assumed it was the Nirtix chick who had volunteered to learn Unity so she could help Brad make the game. If it's her, I would assume she's given Brad money through the site, since she's been one of his most vocal supporters.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah, OK ... I didn't check the Twitch stream. I just assumed it was the Nirtix chick who had volunteered to learn Unity so she could help Brad make the game. If it's her, I would assume she's given Brad money through the site, since she's been one of his most vocal supporters.
No not Nirrtix. It's Montreseur. He has skills with the program prior to this. 10 months on Unity. Before that it was other 3d software.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
This isn't a scam. A scam is where the person knowingly deceives in order to get financial gain. This is more just incompetence.

Do you ever watch shows like "Bar Rescue" on FX? They go into failing bars and help turn them around. Often, the owners bought the bar because they thought it would be fun. Of course, they're hemorrhaging money and heavily in debt. They've liquidated their 401Ks and borrowed heavily from relatives. Yet, they somehow can't understand why they have to fire bad employees and keep a close eye on the liquor sales. They aren't scammers. They're incompetent.

This is Brad telling all his friends he wants to open a bar. He's talking about how awesome the bar will be and how many cool things he'll put in. However, he won't actually do the hard work necessary to make it happen.

imijj_sl

shitlord
I just said Nirtix cause I thought I heard her talking on the twitch. She's not the one doing the Unity stuff, though.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
This isn't a scam. A scam is where the person knowingly deceives in order to get financial gain. This is more just incompetence.

Do you ever watch shows like "Bar Rescue" on FX? They go into failing bars and help turn them around. Often, the owners bought the bar because they thought it would be fun. Of course, they're hemorrhaging money and heavily in debt. They've liquidated their 401Ks and borrowed heavily from relatives. Yet, they somehow can't understand why they have to fire bad employees and keep a close eye on the liquor sales. They aren't scammers. They're incompetent.

This is Brad telling all his friends he wants to open a bar. He's talking about how awesome the bar will be and how many cool things he'll put in. However, he won't actually do the hard work necessary to make it happen.
Add that he paid for that bar with money from strangers who gave money for the chance to get in on the happy hour before everyone else or have a drink named after them. And then he took the money he borrowed to open the bar and went and paid for a vacation in the Caribbean. Upon returning, he abruptly fired all the bartenders/staff because he couldn't afford them anymore. Then go out on the street and look for some homeless hobos, put a shirt with the bar logo on them (assuming he can get those printed.. Gotta have 50 first!) and throw them behind the bar to do the tending for you.

And now we have a more accurate analogy to the situation at hand.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
I kind of feel for this Montreseur guy. He obviously has some talent, but he's surrounded by zealots with little skill beyond populating a forum and forking out cash.

Hopefully he finds himself some proper work out of this spectacle.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Keep donating guys! I can't wait to see how awesome different colored mana will be. It's gonna rock!
Yeah never heard of that before!

You think he has a MTG system in mind or just different classes have different coloured mana balls like in Diablo 3?