Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Welcome back =P
Thanks all -- it's great to be back. This is an exciting time. We can't wait to get the KS site up, but we want to make sure it's truly ready and has good info and even some polish.

And I totally agree, there's some great feedback and ideas in this thread. Much appreciated, thank you.

-Brad

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully you guys consider a forum with KS donations. Be cool to post in a private forum with only people who fund in the beginning.

Edit.. this KS needs to launch! We need to talk about this game lol

gogojira_sl

shitlord
An idea that worked withNeoGAFfor Project Eternity was creating an account and lumping some money together to get an in-game Inn which was one of the higher end tiers. It was a donate what you want, if you want thing and they actually rallied enough support to raise enough money. I forget how they distributed the rewards that came along with the tier, but it was likely in the form of a raffle. Who knows if Brad will offer a similar reward, but it might be an interesting idea if there'd be enough support for it here. Understandably we need to see the game first, but it was a pretty cool initiative for the Eternity backers.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe we could get a raid zone called Rerolled Hollow!? Fill it with epic EQ like encounters.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Also, is the game set to be calledPanthefon: RotF? Concept art image and all of the people known on the team following it (and me
wink.png
).

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Brad- will you be talking about your past in regard to VG and what you've learned in the KS? That seems to be a point of contention for a lot of folks.
If I need to, yes. I really don't want to dwell on the past -- it's time to be forward thinking and to get excited about the future. That said, you guys need to know that we've learned from our mistakes so some discussion may be appropriate. If we aren't honest and we don't learn from the past, then the past was simply a failure and a defeat. I refuse to look at it that way and we won't be defeated by the mistakes of the past, because we are going to learn from them and do a better job this time. I've learned so much, especially about myself, because of both my successes and my failures.

For me it all came in a frustrating sequence. 9 times out of 10 a person fails, fails, fails, and then succeeds (if he ever succeeds at all). For me it was 1. huge success (half a billion dollars of profit for Sony, etc.), 2. Commercial failure (I say commercial because I still think VG was awesome in many ways and I?m still proud of it)

Anyway, the success first and failure second really jacked with my mind. I became extremely arrogant, thinking whatever I touched would turn into gold. And then when things didn't work out so well on my second try it was really quite a blow to me because I had deluded myself big time. I ended up in a bad place and I never want to be back there again, ever.

But also in learning more about myself over the years, I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life: make MMOs that I and other gamers want to play. It's just who I am and it's the only thing that professionally makes me happy.

I just don't want to get bogged down in the past too much. If it makes sense to discuss something about the past, then I'll participate. But to be totally upfront and honest, I'm here primarily to promote my new game. It's a blast talking with you all, and I'm here for that as well, but let's spend most of the time here together facing forward. We will need your feedback and opinions in order to insure we make the game you guys want and that I want. It's about community building and being accessible.

Anyways, I hope that makes sense.

-Brad

Spynx_sl

shitlord
If I need to, yes. I really don't want to dwell on the past -- it's time to be forward thinking and to get excited about the future. That said, you guys need to know that we've learned from our mistakes so some discussion may be appropriate. If we aren't honest and we don't learn from the past, then the past was simply a failure and a defeat. I refuse to look at it that way and we won't be defeated by the mistakes of the past, because we are going to learn from them and do a better job this time. I've learned so much, especially about myself, because of both my successes and my failures.

For me it all came in a frustrating sequence. 9 times out of 10 a person fails, fails, fails, and then succeeds (if he ever succeeds at all). For me it was 1. huge success (half a billion dollars of profit for Sony, etc.), 2. Commercial failure (I say commercial because I still think VG was awesome in many ways and I?m still proud of it)

Anyway, the success first and failure second really jacked with my mind. I became extremely arrogant, thinking whatever I touched would turn into gold. And then when things didn't work out so well on my second try it was really quite a blow to me because I had deluded myself big time. I ended up in a bad place and I never want to be back there again, ever.

But also in learning more about myself over the years, I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life: make MMOs that I and other gamers want to play. It's just who I am and it's the only thing that professionally makes me happy.

I just don't want to get bogged down in the past too much. If it makes sense to discuss something about the past, then I'll participate. But to be totally upfront and honest, I'm here primarily to promote my new game. It's a blast talking with you all, and I'm here for that as well, but let's spend most of the time here together facing forward. We will need your feedback and opinions in order to insure we make the game you guys want and that I want. It's about community building and being accessible.

-Brad
I am so fucking hard right now

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

For me it all came in a frustrating sequence. 9 times out of 10 a person fails, fails, fails, and then succeeds (if he ever succeeds at all). For me it was 1. huge success (half a billion dollars of profit for Sony, etc.), 2. Commercial failure (I say commercial because I still think VG was awesome in many ways and I'm still proud of it)

-Brad
Good for me but I said a while back for your game to do the talking. Thanks for the honesty

Put me down for fallen too. With a twitter account we could be really close to KS?? Less then a week?!

tad10

Elisha Dushku

-Brad
Fair enough but I'm a lot more concerned with whether or not you figured out that Vanguard was a glorious example of the Second System effect (aka scope creep) and you all plan to focus on being more focused instead of big for the sake of being big.