Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tol_sl

shitlord
At least we now know party size in game. Does he know raid limits by chance?
Four groups of four where members strike dramatic poses and combine powers to form the group-o-tron 4000 bradbot. This is, coincidentally, the exact number of players who believe this game is getting made.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Examples?
the original design of the game was done by brad mcquaid, steve clover, and bill trost. i don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't give credit to mcquaid for being one of the integral people who got EQ off the ground. there's a lot of negative stuff you can say about brad, but you still have to give credit where credit is due.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
the original design of the game was done by brad mcquaid, steve clover, and bill trost. i don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't give credit to mcquaid for being one of the integral people who got EQ off the ground. there's a lot of negative stuff you can say about brad, but you still have to give credit where credit is due.
Yeah, but what I want to know is, what did Brad actuallyDO?!?And I mean other than lie to the players about content being finished, etc.

If all he did originally was throw out ideas for EQ1, then no wonder he's in over his head. It isn't hard to daydream about MMO bullshit, hell most of us could do that (and actually DO exactly that in our free time in these threads). If however he actually rolled up his sleeves and did some actual work, then I'd wonder WTF he's doing now besides"trying to get a team together". Did he ever code or did he sit in an office and say things like"Yeah I think this Rathe Council idea is fantastic, that will REALLY slow these poopsockers down!"

It looks like he just keeps going back to the same well over and over, except this time he fell into it and he's managing to drown in the 3" of water that's still left in the bottom of it.

iannis

Musty Nester
All I can figure is that he spent some time very early in the process in transcribing those SojurnMUD ideas into workable systems for their 3d tanksim engine. And, to be fair, that's not nothin'.

But I've asked before if he authored any zones. I know he didn't write any of the popular ones, but maybe like West Karana? Maybe that was all Brad? I've asked multiple times over the years and you would think that if he had written one then SOME grognard would have pointed it out by now. I've asked if he authored any specific classes (you'd think he was the brains behind ranger) and was directly responsible for the mechanical workings... and again, just a lot of silence.

So the impression that I'm left with is that his skills lay in the business-end of it. He was the guy that they sent to meetings, because the other guys were busy actually doing some tangible work on the game itself, and he was the office supervisor.

I've found that when no one can quantify what a guy actually does, or what he contributes, the odds are good that his job title is "supervisor".

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
All I can figure is that he spent some time very early in the process in transcribing those SojurnMUD ideas into workable systems for their 3d tanksim engine. And, to be fair, that's not nothin'.

But I've asked before if he authored any zones. I know he didn't write any of the popular ones, but maybe like West Karana? Maybe that was all Brad? I've asked multiple times over the years and you would think that if he had written one then SOME grognard would have pointed it out by now. I've asked if he authored any specific classes (you'd think he was the brains behind ranger) and was directly responsible for the mechanical workings... and again, just a lot of silence.

So the impression that I'm left with is that his skills lay in the business-end of it. He was the guy that they sent to meetings, because the other guys were busy actually doing some tangible work on the game itself, and he was the office supervisor.

I've found that when no one can quantify what a guy actually does, or what he contributes, the odds are good that his job title is "supervisor".
h503A45A5

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow at that Kickstarter. Very nicely done. The question is not whether or not that meets the goal, but how many times over does it do it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't recall ever seeing a KS project where you can actually watch the total go up every few seconds alllllll day.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is something I can get behind. It's nice to see a successful and wealthy guy who is excited and dedicated to accomplish a goal. Of course, he's a KS expert though...

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
come on, that RR project was going to get funded if it was set to 5 million bucks! lol Million and millions have watched that show for 20 plus freaking years. My sister used to watch it religiously in the mid 80's when i was a kid.

They could have half assed that kick starter and it would have got funded.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I pledged 5 bucks to Reading Rainbow. This is to atone for the $1.00 pledge to Pantheon.