Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
He's definitely hosting it. He refuses to answer about being compensated for hosting which leads us to believe he's doing it for free. It sounds like Salty approached them with the offer.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How are chances they'll ask for paypal donations to keep the Pantheon site up beyond 2014 only to have a big sam da man hookers party in Tijuana?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Here's a quote from the official site regarding your question,

Montreseur stated, "Unity uses a retargetable animation system for animation. Which essentially is a state machine, with different conditions for different animations. When you bring a character model into it, you assign the bones of the rigged model to the cooresponding bones in the mecanim system. So any character model with a humanoid skeleton can be assigned to the state machine.

So essentially the nodes of the state machine check- for instance- the Characters forward speed, once the character is no longer idle the walk animation starts. As the character starts accelerating, once it reaches a certain threshold of movement speed the run animation starts.

You can have complex webs of trees for all manners of animation, from swimming, all the way to the attack animations. You could even have seperate trees, for seperate races to provide offsets of the animation based on body shape. What we have currently is just a means to get around the world. The models as well, were just models that the last team had, and was using as placeholders. This area will get a lot of special attention, but at the moment it is not prorioty for the programmers because they have a lot of infrastrcture work that needs to be done before we worry about how polished the character controller is."
Thanks, I had no idea how that worked.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are chances they'll ask for paypal donations to keep the Pantheon site up beyond 2014 only to have a big sam da man hookers party in Tijuana?
I would donate to this as long as the funds went toward thoroughly documenting the party. If there's money left over to cure the clap when they get back, more power to them. But there better be a HD video documentary of them catching it first and foremost.

effj_sl

shitlord
Fresh from EQ2. The chat is, at times, more entertaining than the actual game.

rrr_img_70191.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
requiem was the real leader behind foh, you can see how badass he is when his weenie friend and his gf Big Bird push him around to let them scam advertisers with bots.

Tauro

Haha, first thing i thought was "Hey, thats probably what Pantheon uses for its client/server tech...". Second thought was "HeyHey, now there is REALLY no more excuse for all the rerolled-armchair devs to not at least give us a playable prototype of their dream game...". So get on it guys
smile.png

edit:
http://www.neojac.com/index.php/comp...tarter-license70$ to get started, 200 concurrent users should be enough
wink.png

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Haha, first thing i thought was "Hey, thats probably what Pantheon uses for its client/server tech...". Second thought was "HeyHey, now there is REALLY no more excuse for all the rerolled-armchair devs to not at least give us a playable prototype of their dream game...". So get on it guys
smile.png

edit:
http://www.neojac.com/index.php/comp...tarter-license70$ to get started, 200 concurrent users should be enough
wink.png
Haha I saw this point there too:All Licenses for Atavism are Per Seat so depending who needs access to it on your team they will need their own license.

Those suckers best make sure they have brad pay for it and not some "Oh you pay for it first and I promise you'll get reimbursed for it later." like the last team.

Tauro

No no no, they should buy their own licenses so they can continue to work on their project (rename it first
wink.png
) after Brad fires them...

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Those are just placeholder hands he bought on the asset store.
KoMe6AA.jpg

He is doing his best to avoid addressing the issue and also doing his best to try to appear things are going as planned.
It's the same shit he pulled with Vanguard.

Brad: Hey guys, you're going to be really excited when you see what we've done now!
Forum: Hey Brad, we're starting to hear rumors that there are some issues and concerns with VG in Alpha/CB. Can you somment?
Brad: And when I say that you'll be really excited, I mean like"Necro who just got the splurt cap"excited!
Forum: Brad, STFU for a second. Stop ignoring our questions. WTF is going on?

<Brad disappears without a word for weeks>

Forum: Christ, we've been arguing this shit for weeks and not a word from Brad...
Brad: Hey guys, you're going to be really excited when you see what we've done now!
FORUM: JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN
Brad: And when I say that you'll be really excited, I mean like"Warrior who just got his lightsabres"excited!