Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I disagree. I find Monty leaving pretty interesting and I'd love to know his reasons. I wonder if it's the same old song in regards to Brad or something else. Maybe direction of project?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
qvasx8j.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I disagree. I find Monty leaving pretty interesting and I'd love to know his reasons. I wonder if it's the same old song in regards to Brad or something else. Maybe direction of project?
I wonder if it's as simple as 'I've got better shit to do than working for free under chrisbeast indefinitely'.

I don't see how you can stay motivated when your milestones are so vague.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just reading up on the forums for the first time in a while. Seems they lost several key members of their team recently.

Burdock (Lore)
Monty (World building and music)
Multisync (Head website dev)

Sparkling seems confident that these losses are minor and they are already replaced.

You are correct. It is a volunteer team. People come and go much more often than on a paid team. The few faithful ones who stay will be the cream of the crop though, and we treasure them.
We do know what happened to Monty, he got a job on another game development team and was unable to stay. We have many worldbuilders and we have a new music composer.
In the next few days, if I can get other areas of my life to calm down long enough to let me write it, I will be posting an updated Roster showing that we do indeed have a very good team right now. I plan to do more than just post a roster though, I want to post a note with it which I think you will all like. Thank you for your patience while I deat with some critical family matters.

God bless you,
-Sparkling
From reading the post by Radash (some dev I don't know) much of the work that was done by Burdock and Monty had to be completely redone and/or was scrapped. That's several month's worth of work down the drain alone. Seems very similar to their decision to scrap much of the original team's lore. New people come in and work for a few months, then they quit and Brad removes all their work and has new volunteers rebuild from scratch. This is really going places now!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Cana, you have known from the begining that I believe in God, I'm not sure why this suddenly surprises you. To be clear, NO, Pantheon is not Visions nor is it going to be like Visions. They are two totally different games from a different genre with different stories. When I say "God bless you" it is because I am wishing God's blessings on you, because I believe the world already has too many curses and we all need more blessings. Now if we could please move along, I would like to try to get some actual work done today. Thank you.

God bless you,
-Sparkling
It's getting hairy over there

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Interesting now that Canadina is asking the questions rather than towing the party line.............

Quaid

Trump's Staff
HAH one of them wrote 'Hail Satan' as a sign-off line, in response to the "God Bless You" garbage. "Oh, but I'm just sending you 'blessings' from the goodness of my heart!" lmao. At least pretend to have a little professionalism. You are working on a project trying to attract a big-money investor. Openly talking about religion in the business world is about as classy as farting on the bus.

Unless of course, you are trying to attract investment from those with religious motivations. Where is the lore, indeed...

gogojira_sl

shitlord
HAH one of them wrote 'Hail Satan' as a sign-off line, in response to the "God Bless You" garbage. "Oh, but I'm just sending you 'blessings' from the goodness of my heart!" lmao. At least pretend to have a little professionalism. You are working on a project trying to attract a big-money investor. Openly talking about religion in the business world is about as classy as farting on the bus.

Unless of course, you are trying to attract investment from those with religious motivations. Where is the lore, indeed...
Even in the state that it was in, I can't fathom why Brad put her on the job. It couldn't possibly be because of Visions because on top of it looking like a straight up parody game, it's failed to gather any form of support from whatever community it's trying to grab. She pushes her religious views on any form of media she's involved with and she brings on board her like-minded family. To each their own but she's the creepy type of religious zealot; the kind that scares off people and forces her views and prevents shit like undead (Revenant removal) and Harry Potter witchcraft (evvviiillll) out of a game.

He must have been at an all time low when that happened becausefuck.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Just reading up on the forums for the first time in a while. Seems they lost several key members of their team recently.

Burdock (Lore)
Monty (World building and music)
Multisync (Head website dev)

Sparkling seems confident that these losses are minor and they are already replaced.

From reading the post by Radash (some dev I don't know) much of the work that was done by Burdock and Monty had to be completely redone and/or was scrapped. That's several month's worth of work down the drain alone. Seems very similar to their decision to scrap much of the original team's lore. New people come in and work for a few months, then they quit and Brad removes all their work and has new volunteers rebuild from scratch. This is really going places now!
At least Laurene was stupid enough to admit that the situation there is a complete revolving door. The confidence she speaks of concerning things though rings hollow.

Cana, you have known from the begining that I believe in God, I'm not sure why this suddenly surprises you. To be clear, NO, Pantheon is not Visions nor is it going to be like Visions. They are two totally different games from a different genre with different stories. When I say "God bless you" it is because I am wishing God's blessings on you, because I believe the world already has too many curses and we all need more blessings. Now if we could please move along, I would like to try to get some actual work done today. Thank you.

God bless you,
-Sparkling

It's getting hairy over there
This is in relation to why canad got demoted in many ways because she gets into it with others. She just waffles between support and disdain depending on the week really. At least she's starting to get the picture concerning the woo woo nature of Laurene. I think canad's still drinking the brad brand kult aid over all though but perhaps there are cracks to be seen around the edges. Ive noticed that Nirtixx seems to be moving even more to a token role with them and I think that is also due to Laurene's presence.

Laurene's insistence(and arrogance) to continue to use her position though to push her religious agenda also speaks quite firmly for why this project is a professional joke to be told at the water cooler of legit game projects and our entertaining forum fodder. She doesn't get that she's actually contradicting herself by saying "NO, Pantheon is not Visions nor is it going to be like Visions".... -yet- justifies continuing to post such religious rhetoric(try pulling such an unprofessional stunt at a legit studio/project and watch how fast she's be booted).

I do appreciate one thing: Laurene's having posted in her official capacity in this way that so it can be shown to others just how bad this is. Keep your screen shots of it.
smile.png