delirium_sl

shitlord
New team update with new titles and stuff
https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs/3...ng-development

My personal favorites are:

The video post they call it polished
Brad being listed as a programmer
Three Wells being listed on the team
2 or 3 of the team members listed have been MIA for months (That I know about)
Majority of the programmers have no real experience and/or are self taunt (I took 2 programming classes in college and know some C++, can I build an mmo Brad?)

More later~
Not saying this is a fully competent team but I would like to point out that the original EQ dev team had 0 expirience in making MMOS, many probably had very little expirience making games and I am sure some of the original team members were self-taught programmers. My bro is completely self-taught in programming in basic, c#, pearl, and several other programming languages. For the longest time he ran his own IT business which not only handled hardware and networking support, but also provided custom software solutions for point of sale systems. Hes now working as an IT Linux network admin for a hospital making pretty good money. Never completed all his certs and only recently got an Associates degree in network admin. Most of what he knows is self taught. Self-taught /= incompetent.

Bruman

Golden Squire
As a developer with a degree and 10 years of experience, I can agree with that. I've met great devs who had zero formal education in software development, and I've met terrible devs who have one or more degrees, plus certifications, etc.

Also, I don't know how other careers compare, but in development, sure, I got a degree at one point, but you *constantly* have to be self-teaching. It's a non-stop life of always learning whatever new thing there is. It's always changing.

That doesn't mean this project isn't a fucking joke, though. But not for that reason.

delirium_sl

shitlord
As a developer with a degree and 10 years of experience, I can agree with that. I've met great devs who had zero formal education in software development, and I've met terrible devs who have one or more degrees, plus certifications, etc.

Also, I don't know how other careers compare, but in development, sure, I got a degree at one point, but you *constantly* have to be self-teaching. It's a non-stop life of always learning whatever new thing there is. It's always changing.

That doesn't mean this project isn't a fucking joke, though. But not for that reason.
Agreed, this project has plenty of cannon fodder.... still watching from a distance though.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Not saying this is a fully competent team but I would like to point out that the original EQ dev team had 0 expirience in making MMOS, many probably had very little expirience making games and I am sure some of the original team members were self-taught programmers. My bro is completely self-taught in programming in basic, c#, pearl, and several other programming languages. For the longest time he ran his own IT business which not only handled hardware and networking support, but also provided custom software solutions for point of sale systems. Hes now working as an IT Linux network admin for a hospital making pretty good money. Never completed all his certs and only recently got an Associates degree in network admin. Most of what he knows is self taught. Self-taught /= incompetent.
Technically if I remember some were MUD builders which were the fore runners of mmo's really.

New team update with new titles and stuff
https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs/3...ng-development

My personal favorites are:

The video post they call it polished
Brad being listed as a programmer
Three Wells being listed on the team
2 or 3 of the team members listed have been MIA for months (That I know about)
Majority of the programmers have no real experience and/or are self taunt (I took 2 programming classes in college and know some C++, can I build an mmo Brad?)

More later~
It is interesting how they're hiding the fact that the whole family is on the "team". Their knowing how bad that looks is rather telling in and of itself.

Makes me want to twist around a quote from the movie the Fifth Element from Mr. Zorg:

Brad (as Zorg):"My dear Laurene, what about those two little children of yours on the team? [sees Laurene's shifty face in embarrassment] Laurene, is that you? What an ugly face. It doesn't suit you. Change it. [Laurene attempts zealot smile] Much better. Never be ashamed of who you are. You're religious zealots, be proud. So what if the Federal Government has you on welfare? What doesn't snort you makes you stronger."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I would like to point out that the original EQ dev team had 0 expirience in making MMOS
This is like saying the NASA team currently has 0 experience putting people on Mars. Almost nobody on Earth had experience making MMOS when EQ was being developed. It was in its absolute infancy as a genre.

Anyway, watching this project for anything other than laughs at this point is delusional.

delirium_sl

shitlord
This is like saying the NASA team currently has 0 experience putting people on Mars. Almost nobody on Earth had experience making MMOS when EQ was being developed. It was in its absolute infancy as a genre.

Anyway, watching this project for anything other than laughs at this point is delusional.
Exactly my point, if people with no MMO expirience could make an MMO back then, then surely it can be done again with people who have no MMO making expirience. Do I think the Pantheon team can pull it off... I'm extremely doubtful to say the least. But at the moment there isn't much else on the horizon. I have a feeling the VGO emulator will be live before anything comes out of pantheon if there is anything at all.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
so what was the progress? they still have shitty character animations while they move around unity assets. vanilla wow beta looked 100 times better than this.
Quite possibly one of the dumbest comments in this thread.

WoW cost roughly 80 million dollars to make. I'd EXPECT it to look better.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think by the time the deadline approached you'd see a lot more people pull out if it was going to go through.
Really? If anything, when Kickstarters reach their goal before the deadline, all the people waiting to pledge then go in near the end, not pull out. Then again, if the Kickstarter sucked as bad as it did, even at 400k, you're probably right. A lot of people would have figured it was kissing their money goodbye based on the Kickstarter's professionalism(or lack thereof).

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quite possibly one of the dumbest comments in this thread.

WoW cost roughly 80 million dollars to make. I'd EXPECT it to look better.
Except we're not comparing some indie MMO to a AAA MMO. We're comparing some snake oil project that is being run by a bunch of fat religious fanatics who have no formal education in programming. It's over. McQuaid is incapable of managing a project, big or small. And I'm someone who desperately wants an MMO like Pantheon to be made... but all Brad has done is discredit the idea of a hardcore PvE game with his utter mismanagement.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Except we're not comparing some indie MMO to a AAA MMO. We're comparing some snake oil project that is being run by a bunch of fat religious fanatics who have no formal education in programming. It's over. McQuaid is incapable of managing a project, big or small. And I'm someone who desperately wants an MMO like Pantheon to be made... but all Brad has done is discredit the idea of a hardcore PvE game with his utter mismanagement.
None of which has any relevance to the comment made about how it looks compared to vanilla WoW.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
None of which has any relevance to the comment made about how it looks compared to vanilla WoW.
So out of everything to comment on this is what you focus on? Are game devs just as bad as cops on co-signing each others bullshit? How about you comment on what Brad did with the money.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So out of everything to comment on this is what you focus on? Are game devs just as bad as cops on co-signing each others bullshit? How about you comment on what Brad did with the money.
I'm guessing he knows Brad personally. I don't hold it against him for keeping this at arms length.

We are, after all, anonymous nobodies. He doesn't owe us shit.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm guessing he knows Brad personally. I don't hold it against him for keeping this at arms length.

We are, after all, anonymous nobodies. He doesn't owe us shit.
Well then if he can't be honest maybe he should just not comment.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well then if he can't be honest maybe he should just not comment.
Well if you can't be neutral maybe you should just not comment.... See whut I did thar?

The point is that this forum has a ton of very opinionated posters, you included. Why should he not post?

Don't have a dog in this horse race... too early to care one way or the other. But your venom against Brad is pretty obvious, and it seems to be balanced by the Brad fans. Which is entertaining to the rest of us.