Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Melvin, if you're fucking here you know what the old school experience is, don't give me that shit.
The old school I went to was terribad in more ways than I have the patience to list. I put up with it for a long time because there wasn't anything else that even came close to the MMO I wanted to be playing. EQ evolved away from what I wanted, and I've seen zero evidence that any other MMO (including the alleged Pantheon vaporware) is going to make me want to play an MMO again. The rumors about what the devs want to do with EQN have some potential, but as I said, I've seen zero evidence.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Do you have even the smallest idea of how many games have promised that there was secret sauce in the works that was going to fix all of people's complaints, and that it's never EVER been true?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Pantheon is a game of two teams: the Kickstarter era and the transition into "let's get anyone within arm's reach on board" era. I pulled money from Team A because the Kickstarter was a blotched execution that Rerolled actually tried to patch up and make a half decent campaign, but it was pretty clear toward the end the team was a mess and the money would get flushed. I'd never donate to Team B because I've got no clue who they are. You've got people like Nirrtix who seem borderline insane on the team, and you've genuinely insane people like Sparkles running the team (whoever the team is). Sparkles has harbored a hostile attitude toward the very few people who post on your forums and their hypersensitivity led to my first post under gogojira shut down free accounts from posting anything.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Gogojira, you wound me man, I'm just trying to talk as you folks do. First off, Visions has nothing to do with Pantheon. We are talking about two totally different games. Second, there are a lot of changes coming down the pike which I cannot speak to but which should make you happy. You all seem to be pointing to something specific that you think threw Pantheon off course, well if you see in the next videos how far we have progressed, and see some other changes that have yet to be announced, I think you might look upon us in a more positive light.
Let us pray..

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Gogojira, you wound me man, I'm just trying to talk as you folks do. First off, Visions has nothing to do with Pantheon. We are talking about two totally different games. Second, there are a lot of changes coming down the pike which I cannot speak to but which should make you happy. You all seem to be pointing to something specific that you think threw Pantheon off course, well if you see in the next videos how far we have progressed, and see some other changes that have yet to be announced, I think you might look upon us in a more positive light.
There's nothing I'm saying that should hurt or catch you off guard. The -net was jab because you came thumping your chest too hard but the rest of the questions are legit, even if a bit hostile. Nothing on you personally, but come on man.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay, you said Brad's "vision". This has to be a troll.
Seriously. Brad has no vision. He has a shallow pool of overused jargon that turned into worn out, dried up, has been buzzwords well over a decade ago. And a drug habit.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
etchazz, no fuzzy trolls or teddy bears or any such thing....sorry. Also, sorry about the KS not meeting up to your expectations. Was it premature? Yeah. Can we change the past? No. What about the future? Hopefully. So that is what we are trying to do. The original team couldn't wait for funding to come in. They had families and bills, and probably no other source of income. They left to pursue other opportunities. The rest of us are here to keep things alive. Some of us have other game dev experience. Some are more in the apprentice stage. The point is would you have preferred that Pantheon, and any game of its kind die that day the KS did, or would you rather have it live on?
Your kickstarter is the reason I no longer believe in God...

Oldbased

> Than U
People that get drunk and go on profanity rages is why I no longer believe in god.
It's true. Brad turned me into a agnostic.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Next video:

A stock Unity asset musical performance of "Bradley and the Amazing Monocolor Browncoat".

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Duppin, So you're talking about WoW clones? Any studio with 100 mil can make a wow clone. Who wants to make an old school hardcore mmo? Fucking nobody. Why? The big studios don't think its worth it or profitable. That's where we are different. We have a crew of 20+ people working their asses off to bring this type of game back. Do you have any idea what kind of undertaking this is? Its huge. And with hardly any cashflow its nearly impossible. But that's what we are trying, are going to do, the impossible. Bring out this type of MMO, paid or not. And when people see this shit is for real, hopefully they come here. When they get tired of the handholding, themepark, lame mmos out there, they will come here.
The sad part is, you really believe this. The sadder part is, if Brad could find just one person in the industry to take him on, he'd dump all of you at the altar in a heartbeat.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The sad part is, you really believe this. The sadder part is, if Brad could find just one person in the industry to take him on, he'd dump all of you at the altar in a heartbeat.
Bah fuck it. Maybe they are actually trying. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

He has a point, too. If the product is as advertised, and isn't dripping with amateur hour garbage & Christian undertones, I will eat crow and buy it. I bet many people here agree with me.

Good luck! You fucking band of retards.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Gogojira, Yes there were mistakes made early on. Were they presumptuous that just throwing names out there would equal a successful KS? Probably. But damn dude, we've been working since april, learning, building, doing anything we can to keep the dream alive. Some of us work like 18 hours a day on this, we aren't fucking around. Just give us a chance. We want this game to be made as bad as you do, maybe even more because we are sacrificing a large part of our lives to make it happen. Is the sacrifice worth it? I think so. Every MMO since EQ1 has sucked big time IMO. The early days of wow was ok, but we never got that same experience again. That is what we want to bring back, plus new additions. New things that weren't possible at the time. Technology has progressed, people have had time to think up new ideas of things that would be awesome to have in an mmo. I'm telling you, we are bringing the bygone era back, and then some.
The fuzzy trolls were a good start!

Duppin_sl

shitlord
If the product is as advertised, and isn't dripping with amateur hour garbage & Christian undertones, I will eat crow and buy it. I bet many people here agree with me.
And if Kari Byron suddenly shows up on my doorstep nude and demands that I become a vegetarian, I'll do it.

My scenario is quite a bit more likely.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Bah fuck it. Maybe they are actually trying. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

He has a point, too. If the product is as advertised, and isn't dripping with amateur hour garbage & Christian undertones, I will eat crow and buy it. I bet many people here agree with me.

Good luck! You fucking band of retards.
I agree with you, Quaid. I'm hoping they can pull off a miracle. But right now, I think it's more likely that I win the lottery three weeks in a row than this game ever seeing the light of day. God speed, retards!