Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Does Frenzic receive several forms of government assistance, talk mad shit about people who accept such assistance, and then offer up $1k to a computer game while on such assistance, and THEN on top of all that, talk mad shit about people who support the product? If Frenzic does all that - Frenzic you're a douche. But I don't think he does.

In sum, fuck off.
No one cares what you say. Your only intention was to troll me, so in sum,you fuck off.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I care what you say 7of9. Of course I'm not familiar with what you've said. So I care starting...now?
tongue.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh. The idea was worth the support. Brad really fucked this up. Thats what annoys me the most about guys like kyn. Brad doesn't deserve this support. For the record.. I'm out $15 to the guy.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
My reaction to Brad's huge post that basically says "we're trying to do EQ1 again with a few modern luxuries" would be a lot different in a world where the Kickstarter and all the bullshit after it never happened. But it did. And now a group of dreamers are trying to play Legos with Unity.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad I never gave a dime. And I'm glad I never gave in to peer pressure to give any money (that's right Tad, I'm calling you out!).
smile.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
No money lost here, but I did waste too much time caring about something with some false hope that Vanguard was all a mistake and that it would be totally different this time. LoL.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
No money lost here, but I did waste too much time caring about something with some false hope that Vanguard was all a mistake and that it would be totally different this time. LoL.
Too much time? The drama surrounding this game is better than any MMO out there right now! Pantheon the forum game rules!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Too much time? The drama surrounding this game is better than any MMO out there right now! Pantheon the forum game rules!
Oh it's definitely been fun. I mostly meant too much time actually caring or believing Pantheon might be awesome, not so much the hilarity that ensued afterwards.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Why can't someone with competence make the game Brad described?
Probably because there's no real market for an EQ remake. I mean, he described EQ1, and then said
... that doesn't mean we are just trying to make an EQ 1 or early MMO clone; rather we want to build all sorts of cool, new ideas upon that proven foundation.

So I could keep going and going, but will stop there.
... because I ran out of cool new ideas.

We're having this discussion here and now, probably twice a year. Someone comes, laments "oh, why isn't EQ1 remadeproperly", Dumar usually pops to assent, and then a few lucid ones try to tell you that EQ1 was a fluke, that it worked because it was the first and only 3D "immersive" MMO at the turn of the century, and it broke down as soon as better and stronger game designs came out (WoW).

Then the whole F2P came, and an EQ1 clone is no longer a sub-100k subscriber game non-AAA game, it's now a zero subscriber cash shop indie game. And that's why you won't find someone with competence to make the game Brad describes, which is EQ1 with a few bits from Vanguard. Someone incompetent, yes. But competent people will not do that game, they will do a different - and probably better - game.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I don't even want EQ1 anymore, I want a game thats like the Wizardry Online trailer. Not like Wizardry Online the actual game, that was terrible, just the trailer that has nothing to do with said game.

Remember that? Badass right? There was talk of permadeath and shit and my MMO dick went from 6 to midnight. Then it launched and was this..

rrr_img_80134.jpg

And permadeath was super easy to avoid, especially if you bought cash shop items. I guess in summary, I think the MMO market has full blown aids, and won't get any better until the genre is completely dead for a couple of years and only then will some decent indie mmo titles start coming out. MMO devs can fuck up making a cup of coffee, even if they actually wanted to try to make a reskinned EQ1. Nobody current interested can rectify this, be it people working at Sony, Blizzard, etc right now, or some washed up old hack fucking off in Unity. The next big hope in MMOs, EQN, is only gathering any attention based off of how far away it can get from being an MMO as we know them by jamming minecraft and LoL into a blender. I refuse to play most Asian titles, so I guess that closes off a large part of the market for me, but still. In a post Pantheon Kickstarter world, the future looks bleak.

But hey, its not all bad, we'll still have hoverboards and voxels.