Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If you took away all the unity made stuff from that video, whats left thats original to pantheon?
They started building an in-game setting of that picture Brad recycled from another project from years before he swindled a bunch of people for money in part using that picture as concept art. That's something. The only thing original, which is why it got 2 seconds that showed very little in that long ass video.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The giant chat panel.
i thought maybe brad was giving a shot out to all us buffers back in the day!
jk, i usually dont keep my window that wide, but i made that screencap to post on our guild board to break balls about buff requests
tongue.png

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm still impressed they haven't figured out how to make the left chat panel smaller. And if they have, how retarded do you have to be to leave it that size throughout an entire 15 minute video where you're trying to impress people?
Yeah I can't figure out what he's thinking with that chat window. At least reduce the fucking opacity, Jesus.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Mailed a cashier's check to Visionary Realms for $1,000 during my lunch today. Loved the video.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like they have a decent concept artist. Hope Brad doesn't run him off with his lack of direction skills

Bruman

Golden Squire
Looks like they have a decent concept artist. Hope Brad doesn't run him off with his lack of direction skills
Isn't that the same art they had at the start of the project, they Brad said actually was produced for something *else* that they just appropriated for Pantheon?

I didn't think they had anyone on staff for art currently. Hence the lack of new art beyond fuzzy trolls, and all the stock assets.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
What happens at the end of the project if they replace all the placeholder character art with new, self-created stuff? I see people still crapping on the project for using store-bought Unity assets, but if those are truly placeholder items, then what's the problem?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
What happens at the end of the project if they replace all the placeholder character art with new, self-created stuff? I see people still crapping on the project for using store-bought Unity assets, but if those are truly placeholder items, then what's the problem?
Because animations/art/connectivity engineering take the longest out of the entire project to nail down well. EQ2's content was superior tbh, but it played/looked like absolute dogshit and was one of the reasons EQ2 is on fucking life support and WoW has the majority market share. If you don't have a good team for that kind of thing, you're wasting time. He's still holding out for an angel investor and it's really sad to watch someone's dream crushed like this, but he kind of did it to himself with that embarassing kickstarter.

iannis

Musty Nester
How can they be?

He would need an animator and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have one.

I'm pretty sure what that placeholder promise means is that when they think they have about enough content they'll have another pledge drive hire one.

And then brad will steal that money too. Lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are there a team of unemployed animators and artists looking to volunteer all their time to building a next gen game for a man who keeps all the cash and fires the employees in the parking lot?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
are there a team of unemployed animators and artists looking to volunteer all their time to building a next gen game for a man who keeps all the cash and fires the employees in the parking lot?
Short answer: no.

The original "box art"-looking thing that Brad got done early on? That was done by a freelance illustrator as a stand-alone commission.

I don't wish ill on any of my industry art slave brothers, but the hiring of an actual concept artist should've happened months ago, not now. Also he doesn't do 3D or orthos from what I can see, so.......?

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Joppa did say that they would be custom designing their models as soon as it was feasible. I could even look past the unity assets if the gameplay turned out to be fun, but I'm glad to hear that custom models are in the game plan. I think the project has some good forward momentum now. It got off to a really bad/rocky start so hopefully the self-induced drama is behind them.

kanak32_sl

shitlord
I think the video looks good, all things considered. The volunteer team is clearly working hard and making measurable progress. Joppa's music seems very good so far as well. Combat is obviously rough at this stage, as one would expect. I disagree that the graphics are worse than EQ luclin, but the character models and equipment need to be custom designed and animated for future crowdfunding. Some of the npc models are pretty cheesy and they should be custom designed too, but I'd prioritize pc and equipment over that.

So in summary, hopefully the team keeps up the good work. I'll continue to watch pantheon and hope it sees the light of day eventually.
If you spend years watching a retard shit himself every time he tries to run, it's very easy to be impressed when he takes 2 small steps without blowing out the ass of his jeans

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joppa did say that they would be custom designing their models as soon as it was feasible. I could even look past the unity assets if the gameplay turned out to be fun, but I'm glad to hear that custom models are in the game plan. I think the project has some good forward momentum now. It got off to a really bad/rocky start so hopefully the self-induced drama is behind them.
I think it's great the voluenteers are doing what they can to stick this out but I just can't see Brad changing his ways. Brad has a tendency to vanish and not lead when it's needed. It ultimately frustrates people and they bail. How many times has he posted about being more active in the community? He's the same way with his team. maybe Joppa has the leadership ability to do it on his own and use Brad as just a puppet. I don't know but once money gets reintroduced things might get really dicey. Who deserves to be paid more? Brad or Joppa? Joppa tends to be the guy running the show and team. Will Brad give himself another huge cut if they do come across a large donation? History may repeat itself here because Brad doesn't learn from his mistakes.