Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You know the thread is dying when people start sounding like old ladies who keep track of every single character that has ever appeared on their favorite soap opera.
Don't worry I am sure there is about to be a new clusterfuck of a screenshot with every unity asset ever purchased thrown in to show us all how much "polish" has been going on since the last clusterfuck of a screenshot was released. Complete with candid in-game chat to prove there really is a game being made.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Don't worry I am sure there is about to be a new clusterfuck of a screenshot with every unity asset ever purchased thrown in to show us all how much "polish" has been going on since the last clusterfuck of a screenshot was released. Complete with candid in-game chat to prove there really is a game being made.
i love the candid chat

"OH man! that was a close one XD"
"yeah! this dungeon sure is challenging, makes Guk look like kindergarden XDXDXD"
"i know right? and these graphic are so rich and unique"
"and the lore is so compelling! alright i'm pulling again brb XD"
"may Christ be with you"

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I listened to most of it. It's strange because without any context they all sound relatively normal and motivated. Bard McKade sounds just like he always has - interesting ideas in a monotone voice that will probably never see the light of day. Bard says they hunkered down the last ~8 months to get the game to a point where they had something substantive to show... aka the December video. Now he is finally looking for investors again (he's got leads!). The VisionT is still intact and the game has not fundamentally changed... 99% group content, overland zones with varying lvls of mobs like EQ, soloing will be difficult & come from emergent gameplay, massive dungeons, no quest hubs, etc.

Also, Bard gets into a little argument with the host towards the end about 'tier progression' and powerleveling.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I should probably listen just to voice-match Brad and make sure he's not mooching off the Rerolled WoW guild bank.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
i.e. "I want to make what I thought EQ was perceived as being, without any of the people or ideas that accidentally made it good in the first place, because I am deluded enough to think that my own "genius" made it the success it was, on purpose, using Unity assets, with just enough drugs and embezzlement to keep things spicy. I miss the fuckin' 90's, man, I was bigger than the Blair Witch Project and the Macarena put together, man." /emote pushes around cut-up Oxycontin on a mirror with a maxed-out credit card.
fixed4u.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'll never grasp how 99% group content is a good idea. You can heavily incentivize group play without making 30 minute chunks of gameplay completely worthless. I hope they're at least planning for flexible group sizes. I fucking HATE when a friend logs in and I have to kick someone or tell them we're full. Why not let me bring 1 more without some draconian xp penalty (raid group) and perhaps "emergently" take on tougher mobs in one of the "massive dungeons" due to our slightly increased manpower. This could also alleviate the 30 minute chunk of gameplay b/c extras can tack on and off of your party effortlessly.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Non consensual, non zone-restricted PVP is unlimited group and / or solo content, with that said I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axel of Brad's design decisions that either will 1) never see the light of day or 2) will be so bad when it does that its unplayable and dated and we're all doing raids from our occulus rift wired terraformed pods on Mars with pleasure droids.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Which reminds me: some kind of code separation for normal and tarded servers. I'm certain Pantheon won't have good PvP, but if they're going to have it at all they must limit its impact on everyone else - spells should work differently and the such.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You can heavily incentivize group play without making 30 minute chunks of gameplay completely worthless.
That's basically how WoW worked until MoP. Every piece of gear beyond the base minimum required you to do some stuff in groups (even if it was a pickup where no one talked except maybe "hello" at the beginning). If you soloed, well, you did see zones and questlines, but didn't get far in the game.

In MoP, you could be in full epic gear without any dungeon, raid, or group quest. Even before the Timeless Loot Pinata, if you weren't sick to death of dailies. Hmmm, maybe not weapons. I'm not sure, my memory's hazy (I stopped playing 3 months in and only came back for WoD, which is why I won't get a statue).

In WoD, you can be at the full T1 normal raid ilvl without any group content. I did an detailed list for a friend's mother (who likes MMO, she's just deathly afraid of screwing up in group content, even if everyone tells her that she'll do better than half of the player anyway) of obtainable gear, and the final ilvl was around 651 (more if waiting for a long time to get warforged everything), before your followers even start bringing in some raid gear. And the only reason to step outside of your garrison in that scheme is that it would take too long to get enough apexis to buy everything you need if you're just counting on work orders.

But that's not the topic, anyway.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the great thing about a 99% group content claim is that it provides a challenge to defy that claim. you know when classes are introduced there will be some that are tarded powerful and/or will have an ability to trivialize their rudimentary NPC coding. so yeah, hello necros druids and wizards.

this is all providing that brad somehow is able to swindle enough cash to make this game a reality even with his cocaine party overhead costs.