Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The concept of VG was sound, its just that everything else failed. Buggy mess, ran like shit, looked like shit, unfinished content everywhere.... It just had mismanagement written all over it. Damn fine class design though that was the silver lining for that game, IMO, oh and no instances.
Which is why I was initially excepted for Pantheon. VG failed because of execution not because of design. Possibly you could argue they over designed and that is why they were left with empty land masses and a bug riddled client but (outside of maybe Diplomacy) I can't recall many instance of just going "What were they thinking doing this?" in the game.

On that note Blizzard should add a Diplomacy-like system to WoW but uses Hearthstone

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I just want an MMO with big ugly races, full loot FFA PvP, no soloable content(including tradeskills. That's right, GROUP TRADESKILLS), corpse runs, no instances, no auction house, no group finders, and week long camps. Is that too much to ask? BILLIONS WOULD PLAY THIS GAME.
<3 I would, I'd play it hard.

Looks like there will be a new video tomorrow
Is it a trailer for the new season of Intervention?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Over under on whether or not the UI is viewable in the video? $20 on half the screen or more?
In reality, "Our art team has been pulling out all the stops to hand craft new player models for our February update in keeping with the aesthetics and art direction of the rich world of Pantheon, we hope you'll like the results :^)"

rrr_img_90812.jpg

grab bag of $1 unity asset store models.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm not saying there's only Crowfall. But there's only Crowfall.

P.S. Looked better than expected, but maybe I'm willing to accept anything at this point? ?\_(?)_/?

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Just fast forward to 2:50

Turn it off at 2:55
The more they continue to try push and laud their using stock unity store assets as a selling point, the more they remind me of those door to door salesmen that try to sell knock off brand name perfumes to unsuspecting grannies and trailer trash.

In many ways, Brad is using the same sorts of schemes to recruit his pixel peddlers too.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I guess, at least it's something.

More than we've seen of EQ Next at this point, to be honest.

This whole genre is a god damned joke, though.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
The unity store assets are not a huge thing to me if they at least make their own custom avatars and equipment models. As it is, I thought the video looked good. IMO the environments are as good or better than most games out there right now. I would have no hesitation in playing a game that looked like Pantheon, so long as the gameplay is fun. I think the team is making great strides in producing this with limited assets.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looked better than expected. Color me completely indifferent to where they get the assets they use. As long as the game is entertaining, I don't care if they bought their assets, stole them, or made them themselves. However they got their assets, they blended pretty well in that vid, tbh. The vid was well done and did not look/feel amateurish.

Bottom line- all that stuff is nice, but it doesn't really mean shit. We have all seen nice little promo vids dozens and dozens of times over the years from mmo developers. One thing we can be certain of: the ability to produce an impressive promo vid doesn't translate in any way to the ability to produce a finished, worthwhile mmo.