Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait, this is brilliant. The future of MMOs: Massively Multiplayer Kart Racing. On a persistent, Voxel-track. With full voice acting for the GoKarts, going "vvvroom vrrroom vvvvvvrRRoom."

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You mean the first team that actually did crumble and dip out after Brad stole all the money or the second team lead by Ms. JesusFreak FuzzyTrolls until she was fired and tookhalf the dev teamher family with her or team 2.5 which is made up of the sperglords who survived the Christian Dark Ages and are probably still spooging themselves because their GamerGod deigns to speak with them via Skype on the days they can get him away from his dirt bike long enough to boot his computer up?
I lol'd. Im just surprised someone is still churning out absolutely anything. I wish them luck. Which reflects how shitty this genre is.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lets be honest here though, cobbling a game together in Unity with premade art assets is a slightly more flexible and easier undertaking than the whole "zomg voxels and intelligent enemy AI next gen XXx420forgelightXxX noscope soemote heroic movement emergent gameplay occulus rift sex with your anime waifu" thing daybreak has going on. you can grab some sycophants on the pantheon forums and send them a unity for dummies pdf to be your apprentice developers to work for free in the first scenerio, not so much in the latter, compounded by a massive corporate shift and firing of long-standing staff. Likewise, when the Pantheon "team" loses members, said members are typically with the project for like 3-6 months, versus the years people at DBG spent on landmark/eqn.

1sduxre049fj5ryuaqyfskexi.384x313x1.jpg
Lets be honest here. This is all a bunch of bullshit.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Wait, this is brilliant. The future of MMOs: Massively Multiplayer Kart Racing. On a persistent, Voxel-track. With full voice acting for the GoKarts, going "vvvroom vrrroom vvvvvvrRRoom."
Ut's secret tech has been exposed. Look to see Brad add this to his game as soon as Unity lets him.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Excellent! Let's add to it. The dad gets some of his bar buddies to help him make this go-kart and none of them have built anything more than a shot glass pyramid in their life.
And the son is 30 and drives a Tesla.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Saying there's just been a couple of people fired at SOE is just about the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen.

Mass firing, actual talent leaves, CEO steps down, being bought out by some Russian company with a shitty portfolio, no progress having shitshow development, two years of combat tweaking, voxel fucking nightmare, Storybricks dropping, etc etc etc.

EQN is fucking clown shoes.

Oh wait nevermind, they host those sick Landmark videos where 300 people watch and dislike the shit out of Rosie and random dudes talking over builds that one or two crazy people still jerk off to.

EQN saved.

MMOs suck. They will continue to suck. Best just to bail out.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wonder how many of you guys lost money to Chris Roberts??
You keep brining that up but nobody has lost money to Chris Roberts. It really is a stupid point you are trying to make. There are risks in all crodwfunding, especially MMO's. The difference is with Pantheon you are willingly giving money to someone who stole crowdfunding money. Does Pantheon even have any engineers? Look at Camelot Unchained, they lost one engeineer and the entire beta has been pushed back 6 months. You think Pantheon with no money, no investors is going to be able to hire people that are probably the most important to a MMO? If they are worth a shit then they would just get scooped up by another company.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Saying there's just been a couple of people fired at SOE is just about the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen.

Mass firing, actual talent leaves, CEO steps down, being bought out by some Russian company with a shitty portfolio, no progress having shitshow development, two years of combat tweaking, voxel fucking nightmare, Storybricks dropping, etc etc etc.

EQN is fucking clown shoes.

Oh wait nevermind, the host those sick Landmark videos where 300 people watch and dislike the shit out of Rosie and random dudes talking over builds that one or two crazy people still jerk off to.

EQN saved.

MMOs suck. They will continue to suck. Best just to bail out.
You are missing the point. I don't think anyone thinks that EQN is in good shape. To post in that thread saying how it doesnt look good and to post in this thread and think they are on the right track is pure fucking stupidity.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just am happy that I trolled the shit out of them with a fake $10k on kickstarter. I really feel I should have waited longer to pull that rug out.