Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm actually getting excited for this game again. Have to ask for the fiftieth time: why wasn't this much work put in "before" the kickstarter???
Brad thought his name alone was worth at least one million kickstarter dollars.

Turns out it was only worth 400k.

Then he decides he wants that 400k, and goes for a private crowd fund on his own site.

By then his name was only worth 140k.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Anyone know or heard if they plan to distribute and sell a collectors edition if/when this thing releases? They just changed the pledge tiers and now you have to drop $500 to get a cloth map (among a bunch of other things.) I don't plan to put any money towards this unless it releases. Should it release though, I would like the swag the collector's editions come with. I bought the VG collectors edition as well as bought the EQ Gold edition that came out when POP released and have all the cloth maps from vanilla EQ through POP.

Also, if they don't plan to release a box version of the game, perhaps they could just sell the swag items individually on their site.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Fortunately, between the exorbitant amount of funding they have and Brad's impeccable reputation, they'll have no problem drawing the top-tier developers they need to build that out. You can rest assured that the people responsible for this aspect of the game were hand-selected from the best of the best.
Very funny

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Anyone know or heard if they plan to distribute and sell a collectors edition if/when this thing releases? They just changed the pledge tiers and now you have to drop $500 to get a cloth map (among a bunch of other things.) I don't plan to put any money towards this unless it releases. Should it release though, I would like the swag the collector's editions come with. I bought the VG collectors edition as well as bought the EQ Gold edition that came out when POP released and have all the cloth maps from vanilla EQ through POP.

Also, if they don't plan to release a box version of the game, perhaps they could just sell the swag items individually on their site.
If you ever see the game for sale at all, much less in a physical box, please consider it an edition worth collecting.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brad thought his name alone was worth at least one million kickstarter dollars.

Turns out it was only worth 400k.

Then he decides he wants that 400k, and goes for a private crowd fund on his own site.

By then his name was only worth 140k.
It's odd, isn't it? If he had set the bar at 400k he'd be rolling in dough. He just dreamed too high, too quickly.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Silly question...How quickly can you start another Kickstarter after the previous one fails?
I know there is a time frame but I know it's very small. He could do a kickstarter today the problem is that the first kickstarter basically killed any chance of a second one being successful. He would need a lot more then he has now to convince people to give him money again.

I think he should do a Kickstarter again but only when he can actually have people log into a prealpha build to show he actually has something working.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dunno, Epic Card Game successfully kickstarted even though it was just a repackaging of a game they'd already made that was awful and died. People have short memories, and apparently no ability to google search before they toss their dollar at a thing.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Credit where it's due, that music was pretty cool. Also seeing a lot of towers/multilevel dungeons on the map, and I like that. I fucking love multi-level dungeons.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Checking the map (which is amazing btw) I can say that the Crown icon probably represent player starting area (per race?) and the white text area represent zones/dungeons.
So, you get three starting areas for each continent. I like that. Assuming the game is ever going to be released.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Checking the map (which is amazing btw) I can say that the Crown icon probably represent player starting area (per race?) and the white text area represent zones/dungeons.
So, you get three starting areas for each continent. I like that. Assuming the game is ever going to be released.
yeah, 6 starting cities on that map..but 9 starting races and no races are to share a starting city...seems to be some map area still unshown

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They also have anupdated world map

I am guessing the clown places are starting cities.
So I looked at the map... I instantly thought this:

Khaga Sands = North Ro
The Whispering Lands = South Ro
Skargol - Ocean of Tears Islands
The Burning Sanctum = Burning Woods
Valley of the Watchmen = Qeynos
The Dead Vault = Nek Forest
Avendyr's Pass = Highhold Pass
The Seven Locked Door = The Hole
Faerthale =- Felwithe
The Silent Plains = North Karana
Rulun = East Freeport
Tower of the Reckless Magician = Tower of Frozen Wastes
Wild's End = Kelethin
Thronefast = Thurgadin
The Broken Maw = Crushbone

Just off the top of my head.... At least he is stealing the concepts from EQ and the first two expansions!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Because EQ really forged new ground in the fantasy landscape. You could just akin almost every EQ location to a LotR spot in middle earth.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Because EQ really forged new ground in the fantasy landscape. You could just akin almost every EQ location to a LotR spot in middle earth.
Well, normally I wouldn't even do a comparison but when I see countless updated screenshots which are clones of EQ locales with updated graphics it becomes quite hilarious.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm just saying EQ is pretty generic high fantasy and it looks like Pantheon will be going the generic high fantasy approach as well. I don't think it is really shocking that Brad is drawing from his previous titles.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I looked at the map... I instantly thought this:

Khaga Sands = North Ro
The Whispering Lands = South Ro
Skargol - Ocean of Tears Islands
The Burning Sanctum = Burning Woods
Valley of the Watchmen = Qeynos
The Dead Vault = Nek Forest
Avendyr's Pass = Highhold Pass
The Seven Locked Door = The Hole
Faerthale =- Felwithe
The Silent Plains = North Karana
Rulun = East Freeport
Tower of the Reckless Magician = Tower of Frozen Wastes
Wild's End = Kelethin
Thronefast = Thurgadin
The Broken Maw = Crushbone

Just off the top of my head.... At least he is stealing the concepts from EQ and the first two expansions!
you got to hand it to the guy, he is making money off the same concept for over...15?... years now.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm not sure "making money" is what you'd call it. Last I checked he had to steal some cash just to pay the bills.

And that map? What makes it amazing? Looks like any other kind of drawing a professional artist could do.