Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jait

Molten Core Raider
o5EPmfF.gif
Comedy. "The Fallen" are definitely all the Associate "Insert job here" who left actual paying jobs to Fall down for free.

Think Garcia's wife actually called out Brad on social media over the whole thing. Fuckin' embarrassing Vhalen.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Isn't it really from the Chive? That was my inspiration. Some guy at work has one for that. I can't say I read that site or FB so I just assumed it was strictly to Chive. Either way, it's for the jimmies.
The slogan Keep calm and carry on was used by the British war department in WW2
Made famous by none other than Winston Churchill

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for your answers
smile.png

I submit this Miss Cleo prediction: Pantheon breaks 50k players it's first year, by 6 months in, it's down to about 2k when people realize it isn't what they want.

Convo - Continue on your righteous path of Viral marketing.
That...is awfully generous. He does seem to have a bit of a cult following and people are bored, though.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
That...is awfully generous. He does seem to have a bit of a cult following and people are bored, though.
Was thinking the same thing. I'd be pretty floored if a finished product (or whatever passes for that these days) even sees the light of day. That product being good enough to attract and then keep a substantial playerbase would be like hitting the damn lottery.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they beat the odds and all, but to be optimistic about their chances is to ignore a mountain of evidence pointing in the other direction.

But most of you guys already know that- even if you aren't going to admit it. I guess hope springs eternal.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This isn't a gif, but it happened about 10 minutes from my house and is worth at least eleventy thousand lulz.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Once you get past the traditional 30 or so hours of leveling most mmorpgs are 90% or higher forced grouping for meaningful advancement.
Queuing into a group/raid in lobby game MMO is not the same as a game that required a group to efficiently do anything.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do you see the difference here in content availabilityandaccessibility of that content? CanANYONEsee where I am going with this? It relates to "The Perfect Storm", and it will NEVER happen again with the EQ model. Ever. No matter how much anyone * thinks * they want to play a time consuming and tedious MMORPG. Now sure, if you are broke as shit, don't have any consoles, no cable TV, an internet connection, a flip phone, no other devices, a PC, and enough money for food and you have one venue for entertainment? This could be your thing!
It's 2015 UT, no one has a flip phone.
smile.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Queuing into a group/raid in lobby game MMO is not the same as a game that required a group to efficiently do anything.
Nope, totally not the same. Except for the fact that dungeons/raids/organized pvp/whatever in every mmorpg ever all required a group to efficiently complete. And that having a LFD/LFR tool just made it easier to find one when friends/guildies/people of the right class/spec/whatever in your circle of acquaintances weren't available. Literally no different than asking in chat for a cleric in sebilis and not specifying -which- cleric you are looking for, and then doing a /who all cleric and start asking all the highest level ones if they are keyed. Dungeon finders just took out all the typing.

"Lobby" is no different from Gfay/EC or PoK when that happened. The players in EQ created their own lobby, and then developers saw this behavior and created tools to facilitate that activity.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nope, totally not the same. Except for the fact that dungeons/raids/organized pvp/whatever in every mmorpg ever all required a group to efficiently complete. And that having a LFD/LFR tool just made it easier to find one when friends/guildies/people of the right class/spec/whatever in your circle of acquaintances weren't available. Literally no different than asking in chat for a cleric in sebilis and not specifying -which- cleric you are looking for, and then doing a /who all cleric and start asking all the highest level ones if they are keyed. Dungeon finders just took out all the typing.

"Lobby" is no different from Gfay/EC or PoK when that happened. The players in EQ created their own lobby, and then developers saw this behavior and created tools to facilitate that activity.
Do you go on vacation using Google Earth?