Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Say what you want about one hit wonders but I'd be ok grinding at that Orc camp they showed with my chosen few, especially if it had a random named pop. I could easily sit in that general area with a group and BS for hours.
Me too. I have RL friends spread all across the country and online gaming gives us the opportunity to get together and do something for a couple of hours every so often, even if it is in a virtual world doing something totally meaningless. Other social medias do not afford that level of interaction.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That just sounds like the Pantheon thread itself. Send your kickstarter money to Draegen and you can become a Premium Pantheon Junkie.
I've been grinding out over 15,000 posts and have yet to get a single piece of loot that is worth a shit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been grinding out over 15,000 posts and have yet to get a single piece of loot that is worth a shit.
I was spawn camping some rarespawn Nets for 4 hours and that fucktool Noodle came in and just tagged it right as it spawned

Bruman

Golden Squire
I dunno, I had a lot of fun with P99 as well. I think it's possible to recreate something that gives a lot of a similar enjoyment.

That being said, never, in 1999 nor on p99, did I play a MMO for months and months on end. Typically around 3-4 month stints before I feel the need to play something else for a while.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Me too. I have RL friends spread all across the country and online gaming gives us the opportunity to get together and do something for a couple of hours every so often, even if it is in a virtual world doing something totally meaningless. Other social medias do not afford that level of interaction.
Or you can do that with any other game and actually have fun playing the game as well? Or is talking and thinking and playing too much to do all at once?

Trying to understand this concept when any other game today does it more effectively.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Or you can do that with any other game and actually have fun playing the game as well? Or is talking and thinking and playing too much to do all at once?

Trying to understand this concept when any other game today does it more effectively.
If i could get them to play with other games i would have, which i can't (they don't like them and never stay, and always go back to EQ), because there is a certain segment of older gamers who aren't willing to play a game other than EQ; they won't play WoW or one of the WoWesque games, they tried WoW or heard someone who tried WoW one time 10 years ago and didn't like it and now they stubbornly stick with what they know and want nothing to do with newer MMOs, and that's fine. However they are interested in Pantheon, Saga of Lucimia, etc. They don't want quest based leveling, group finders, fast/twitch combat, etc.

Tenks

If i could get them to play with other games i would have, which i can't (they don't like them and never stay, and always go back to EQ), because there is a certain segment of older gamers who aren't willing to play a game other than EQ; they won't play WoW or one of the WoWesque games, they tried WoW or heard someone who tried WoW one time 10 years ago and didn't like it and now they stubbornly stick with what they know and want nothing to do with newer MMOs, and that's fine. However they are interested in Pantheon, Saga of Lucimia, etc. They don't want quest based leveling, group finders, fast/twitch combat, etc.
That market has to be less than like 2000 people

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Just because they put out a shit kickstarter that was also marketed for shit doesn't mean their isn't an audience for a game like this. Their twich feed has almost 1k followers after their first stream using it. The youtube upload for the last update has over 14k views. But you're right, i am sure those less than 2,000 people watched it at least 7 times each.

Tenks

10k of those views were Bisi obtaining gif material and the remaining 2k were people rubbernecking the trainwreck

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just because they put out a shit kickstarter that was also marketed for shit doesn't mean their isn't an audience for a game like this. Their twich feed has almost 1k followers after their first stream using it. The youtube upload for the last update has over 14k views. But you're right, i am sure those less than 2,000 people watched it at least 7 times each.
Actually, it kinda does. Even Brad, the creator of EQ, couldn't muster more than that. Yes the Kickstarter sucked but that didn't stop thousands of people from donating, the audience isn't very large.

Tenks

Last true sampling we have was VG release and that was 250k even after all the drama
You can't be serious. VG came out at the peak of MMORPG subscription or possibly just a tad before. The MMORPG market is just not there right now. You had people who played WoW who were willing to give VG a shot. I'd say a more accurate sampling is all the tried and failed MMO's that have come out in the 8 years since VG.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can't be serious. VG came out at the peak of MMORPG subscription or possibly just a tad before. The MMORPG market is just not there right now. You had people who played WoW who were willing to give VG a shot. I'd say a more accurate sampling is all the tried and failed MMO's that have come out in the 8 years since VG.
but they are nothing like VG so why would that be a good sampling? I don't pick these games up and play them b/c they don't fit my preferred play style.. I doubt I'm alone in that. You guys are pulling numbers out of air so I'm going to stick with the last numbers from a game that would be closest to what Pantheon would be. Nobody knows that the active numbers are In games. Can anyone say what Black Desert is doing right now with active accounts?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
but they are nothing like VG so why would that be a good sampling? I don't pick these games up and play them b/c they don't fit my preferred play style.. I doubt I'm alone in that. You guys are pulling numbers out of there so I'm going to stick with the last numbers from a game that would be closest to what Pantheon would be.
If you aren't willing to accept the argument that the market isn't the same, then congrats I guess you can't be swayed? Not that there was a snowballs chance in hell anyways, after you've been standing here for nearly two years with figurative fingers in your ears refusing to budge on this game.

It isn't like there is any hard data we can pull from, so you can't get too salty about'people pulling numbers out of their asses'. I happen to agree with Tenks that the market is different, but I also know that there is literally (LITERALLY) nothing anyone can do to convince you that 2007 market ? 2016 market (not to mention, it's not releasing this year anyway).