Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
How complex can it really be? At best, it'll be the kind of thing where you know certain zones to use certain spells and understand it will be limited or people will complain. At worst, it'll be the kind of thing where you'll be looking for group and have to pass a gear check for environmental shit.

I'd rather they just tried again with Vanguards resistance/opportunity style system and made it actually work this time instead of trying something completely new they won't get implemented fully.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
If there are dynamic climates, then fuzzy trolls must be more prevalent on the sabath and make pilgrimage to their church of worship.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuzzy troll idol

climate stuff is still something I need to hear more about, I see how it can be used as a wall to access content, and tbh, i'm ok with that route outside of keying but it really should have more depth to it. Pantheon on everyone!

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Exactly. Give usONEclimate, but get the gameplay right.
They gave like a 2 hours video of the core things.

Theres still a lot of people out there who are only drawn to new ideas and who know nothing about classic mmo gameplay. Until they actually play it, they will just think, ew its old. Articles about stuff like climates and the new stuff will attract the rest of the potential audience, and lets face it, should Pantheon launch, all of us will be there regardless. They don't have to sell us on the idea (they only have to prove they can make it a reality).

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bottom line is that novelty shit like climate stuff won't mean anything if the basic game isn't fun (like lots of people are saying).

On the other hand, they need innovative features too. They have to have examples for the question "what makes Pantheon different from other mmos?"

So, while I personally don't give a damn about climate stuff, I understand their need to try out new and innovative design ideas.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
nah. This type of game isn't for adults with social/family/work lives. We aren't children anymore (mostly).
The problem is Brad fails to realize that people our age (30+ for the most part) that want to relive their "good ole EQ days" just can't anymore, and that kids that are now the age we were back then don't give a fuck about this type of game. There just isn't a market big enough for this. It was a right time right place situation.

If they are happy bringing in a small steady income by filling a niche market, then if they ever release, they'll probably be fine. The problem is Brad is probably incapable of feeling successful at that level, so he will somehow implode the game/company.

It'll be fun to watch, whichever way it ends up going.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, it'll prolly take another 30 years to reach launch, so you should be retired and have tons of free time by then.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem is Brad fails to realize that people our age (30+ for the most part) that want to relive their "good ole EQ days" just can't anymore, and that kids that are now the age we were back then don't give a fuck about this type of game. There just isn't a market big enough for this. It was a right time right place situation.

If they are happy bringing in a small steady income by filling a niche market, then if they ever release, they'll probably be fine. The problem is Brad is probably incapable of feeling successful at that level, so he will somehow implode the game/company.

It'll be fun to watch, whichever way it ends up going.
The popularity of classic servers for both EQ and WoW indicates that there may be a much bigger market for the old school rule sets they represent than anyone realizes. BDO taps into that a little bit.

But until somebody actually makes a game that satisfies that itch, it's all conjecture. Personally I think it would be very successful if done right, especially for younger players who actually have the time to waste. Whether or not Brad can make that game is the question I have.

Raign

Golden Squire
The popularity of classic servers for both EQ and WoW indicates that there may be a much bigger market the old school rule sets they represent than anyone realizes. BDO taps into that a little bit.

But until somebody actually makes a game that satisfies that itch, it's all conjecture. Personally I think it would be very successful if done right, especially for younger players who actually have the time to waste. Whether or not Brad can make that game is the question I have.
Exactly. The simple fact that p99 and ED exist and are popular says otherwise. I am certainly not suggesting that it won't irk me that I would be in the 'lol level 20 after 3 months of play' crowd, but after 10 years of shitty games where you reach level cap in a month and then quit because there is nothing to do, I'll take that that option if the game is decent. A big 'if' to be sure, but I am cautiously optimistic after their live demo and based on what their 'vision' is.

We will see if they run out of money before they get anywhere near done with this thing though... they are moving glacially and I can't imagine too many are throwing cash at the pre-order because... well.. Brad.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Define popular in regards to those servers. 10k people? 100k? I honestly don't know. Ive seen figures in the past and don't ever remember being impressed enough to feel like basing an entire game/company on it was viable.

Now like I said previously I'm sure people could run a successful small company with 10-100k subscribers if they wanted to, I just don't think Brad is that person who could be satisfied with that.