Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That thread is just, Jesus. It's not hard to get a mental image of what most of those people look like in real life. A lot cringe-worthy stuff in there.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it's good to see Brad has got all the big ticket items out of the way.

It's like me saying I have a new restaurant coming soon and we've made some signs with all our money. I guess maybe you can all play his game on Pogo or something in 2047 when the assets are done and he realizes he still needs 40 million in hardware so more than six people can play at once.
40 million in hardware for what!?

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well it's good to see Brad has got all the big ticket items out of the way.

It's like me saying I have a new restaurant coming soon and we've made some signs with all our money. I guess maybe you can all play his game on Pogo or something in 2047 when the assets are done and he realizes he still needs 40 million in hardware so more than six people can play at once.
I don't know what you're talking about, I'd play the game as is in its current state with that kind of graphics.
If they manage to out-source or hire some animation/model guy sure that's going to be great but it would be retarded to postpone the game to, say, 2019 for no good reason. At this rate, I'm guessing an alpha next year is very reasonable speculation. Heck, I'm blown away with how they manage to pull this shit off.

That thread is just, Jesus. It's not hard to get a mental image of what most of those people look like in real life. A lot cringe-worthy stuff in there.
Those people over there seems either retarded or 10 years old. Only an idiot would find that shit amusing, maybe Brad/GoT image was the only one that made sense everything else gave me cancer.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm also impressed by what they've done so far. I thought this project would died by now.

The environment look pretty decent. Models and animation are not very good.

Watching people play an MMO is never really exciting, and Pantheon is no exception...actually it ranks pretty at the bottom right now. That being said, it looks somewhat interesting.

The future of MMO looks pretty bleak though...only thing aside from Korean games are MMO like this one, from small indie studio with little funding.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I'm also impressed by what they've done so far. I thought this project would died by now.

The environment look pretty decent. Models and animation are not very good.

Watching people play an MMO is never really exciting, and Pantheon is no exception...actually it ranks pretty at the bottom right now. That being said, it looks somewhat interesting.

The future of MMO looks pretty bleak though...only thing aside from Korean games are MMO like this one, from small indie studio with little funding.
The models and animations are "placeholder" from the Unity store. So yeah, those need to be replaced. I agree, the environment and even the gameplay looked fine. I think the future of PVE based MMOs looks really bleak, CF and CU give me hope for PVP MMOs. It seems like no big studio has any real interest, at least right now, in making another AAA PVE MMO and they are the only hope for a long lasting PVE game; i think we are going to stuck with what we have plus whatever eastern MMOs get brought over and what ever small indie studios come up with. However it's going to be really hard for an indie studio to put out content fast enough to keep enough players happy and subbed for them to remain viable, but here's to hoping they can.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
In my experience (ie, anecdotally), a total rework of models, animations, and sounds in a project is always "planned"... and always fails to get budgeting because they are the most expensive (time and talent) aspect of any game (notable exception being a proprietary engine). Keep hope alive, but don't allow yourself to believe this is going to receive an aesthetic overhaul. What you see is what you're gonna get.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
its been three years.
Three years isn't a huge amount of time for an MMO. When you consider how many starts, stops, and resets this ip has undergone their progress isn't bad. Granted, Unity is a big part of what has helped with the rapid progress once they started moving in the right direction, but I can't begrudge them the use of Unity-- it was part of their plan.

The real question is if they can make it to launch before the "relevancy" window closes. IMO (and it's just mo) if they don't have a playable, near-launch-ready beta by summer 2017 they are dead in the water. You can only drag the hype train out for so long before the project loses steam-- not just with the community, but with the devs and investors too.

IF they manage to launch next year, the true test is if they are still *gaining* subs 12 months after launch. If not, I wouldn't give the game 24 total months after launch before they close the shutters.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
While he's done better than expected, there is a shit ton more to do. Alpha in 5 years in optimistic terms...isn't really all that is it? Sure, he showed he still has some talent and determination. Is that really so amazing? Look, Brad did something! Wow! This guy is awesome! I don't see the difference in the effort applied here and the Saga of Lucimia honestly.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Twitch streamer (Cohhcarnage) that rebroadcasted the last game stream mentioned that he was on a Skype call yesterday with Brad and some other devs about working together in the future. So, looks like some future game streams may be on his stream, possibly.

Threelions_sl

shitlord
I'm also impressed by what they've done so far.
I don't mean to call Valderen an idiot, because I don't believe that to be true. However, there are so many idiots here that actually believe this flaming piece of shit will ever be played by more than 6 simultaneous connections. This project is not impressive at all, it's a total cluster f and swindle-job (kickstarter anyone?). I love this thread and it's 1700+ pages because it's hilarious to see the idiots that think this will ever be anything other than "the toilet job". Bring on more mozz sticks. I pray for your soul if you are actually anticipating this developing into more then a stain down the back of your worn in boxer briefs.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Bigger team, investor money and a successful Kickstarter go a long way in expediting things. Still assuming Crowfall isn't going to be my type of MMO. Going on a massive hiatus after trying BDO and WoW and being completely bored to fucking tears.